Nuke8401

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Burris AR1x has a very solid mount as integral...my recommendation is to just use it. I am set up for a 200 yard zero. Depending on ballistics, maybe 1.0" to 1.4" high at 100. Unless you are shooting 1MOA targets, not an issue.

I just got one of these and put about 100 rounds through it last weekend. Really nice, clean optic. The reticle is a bit busy for my taste, but it should work. The only issue I see is the BDC seems kinda wonky and too flat shooting... what load are people shooting to match those ballistics?

I don't own one yet, but I would utilize the subtension value listed on the website and match it up with your ballistics. I noticed that the reticle is in the Strelok app as well.

http://www.burrisoptics.com/reticles/ballistic-cq-1x

I just got one of these and put about 100 rounds through it last weekend. Really nice, clean optic. The reticle is a bit busy for my taste, but it should work. The only issue I see is the BDC seems kinda wonky and too flat shooting... what load are people shooting to match those ballistics?

If you are interested in a better reticle, you can let Burris know. This optic was designed to be used with a trippler, and in that role it is excellent, but we do want a little cleaner reticle for shooting 1X divisions in 3Gun. James Casanova designed a reticle that is excellent and we have sent that to Burris. It might take some requests to get it put into a production version.

If you are interested in a better reticle, you can let Burris know. This optic was designed to be used with a trippler, and in that role it is excellent, but we do want a little cleaner reticle for shooting 1X divisions in 3Gun. James Casanova designed a reticle that is excellent and we have sent that to Burris. It might take some requests to get it put into a production version.

If James designed it I'll back it. Got something we can include in an email to Burris?

I got two of them last week. One still in box. The other one I put on rifle for mock up. Looks good at my 150 yard 6" plate. I'm planning on putting it on my new Heavy rifle. Still waiting for handguard from Samson. So I haven't shot it to see how things line up. But, It looks like it will be fast in the pistol size pits.

Is it possible to share a photo or description of this reticle? I'd be happy to endorse it... if I knew what I was endorsing! :roflol:

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I just got the AR 1x and didn't think the reticle would be so small. Although I have to take it out and shoot at distance. I am hoping the small reticle and the small target out at 4 and 5 hundred yards will work.

Adam

LOL, some people think it is too big. I think you get out to 4-500, you will enjoy the "smallness".

Second that! If I could just take an eraser to the numbers by the hash marks below the dot, that would clean it up a bit.

Been practicing with it for a few weeks now with both AR1X and the original prismatic with DCD, and I'm convinced Leupold had it right with the dual circle dot reticle for ranges out to about 350 yds (250 zero), the larger circle helped my little brain picks up the reticle quicker. I normally shoot with the illumination off but in the case of AR1X, it needs to be on for the short close up stages.

Edited by PacMan

• 2 weeks later...

If James designed it I'll back it. Got something we can include in an email to Burris?

Me too, Ive been looking for a 1x with a BDC for my limited or whatever we are calling it this year rifle.

FWIW, the optic is good, but I think all of the Team Burris shooters that have a good amount of time behind them want a less cluttered reticle. I have asked what the timeline is to get a new reticle, which James Casanove designed for this optic. When I get an answer, will update. There will be at least 2 guys shooting them at SMM3G if you are there and want to take a look with your own peepers.

FWIW, the optic is good, but I think all of the Team Burris shooters that have a good amount of time behind them want a less cluttered reticle. I have asked what the timeline is to get a new reticle, which James Casanove designed for this optic. When I get an answer, will update. There will be at least 2 guys shooting them at SMM3G if you are there and want to take a look with your own peepers.

Really interested in this! I can personally say that my interest is piqued in this optic, but I definitely wouldn't consider buying it with its current reticle. If its reticle was something a bit closer to the XTR II Ballitistic CQ Mil reticle with a brightly lit horse shoe and simple crosshairs that draw the eye to the center of the optic, paired with Mil marks--sans numbers--then I think I'd feel differently. I know that some folks will argue that Mil hashmarks aren't the best choice on a 1x, but I really dislike BDC hashmarks that ultimately aren't going to match my load. I'd rather have Mils that I can figure out on my own. Just my $.02.

Edited by jkrispies