Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone have the Burris AR-1X

Nuke8401

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interested to see the new reticle but the Gen1 sucked. Can't see the hash marks and the circle is too small to be really effective on paper. Hard to beat the Leupold DCD Pris for Limited. 

Edited by Shooter116

Heard 2 stories from RM3G.

1.  The program was discontinued and the Gen 2 will not make it to market.  Pretty good source, but nothing I would bet my life on.

2.  I then spoke to someone involved with Burris and the Gen 2 project.  Mentioned what I heard, and was told it is still delayed, hoping the test units would make it stateside by end of year.  I trust this source more seeing how he has a hand in the project.

My 2 cents.  I am anxiously awaiting this since I cannot get my hands on a Leupold DCD and not happy about aimpoint's single dot.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 7/10/2017 at 4:14 PM, NoKimberDave said:

Did you read the thread?

I did. It's been 2 years since talk of "new" reticle. Since then, the "1st gen" is off their website. When you look up the CQ-1X reticle, there's a dead link for the AR-1X. When they announced the XTR-IIs after Shot Show, they were on the website for months before they were released. 

I always hoped the AR-1X would come out again with a different reticle. It would make me think about buying one again. At the same time, I'm not holding my breath for one. 

16 hours ago, jon49erfan said:

I did. It's been 2 years since talk of "new" reticle. Since then, the "1st gen" is off their website. When you look up the CQ-1X reticle, there's a dead link for the AR-1X. When they announced the XTR-IIs after Shot Show, they were on the website for months before they were released. 

I always hoped the AR-1X would come out again with a different reticle. It would make me think about buying one again. At the same time, I'm not holding my breath for one. 

Yeah, I hear ya. Not exactly holding my breath either. 

On 7/19/2017 at 10:47 PM, MarkCO said:

And then, out of nowhere, I got a few AR1Xs from Burris last week.  In plastic wrap, not demos.  Not sure what that means, but I will try to find out.

Fill us in amigo. What does the reticle look like?