Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone have the Burris AR-1X

Nuke8401

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I have one and like it. But the stadia lines are pretty hard to see. It's designed to be used with a multiplier, which I have no plans to use. Will Burris be able to upgrade older sights to a new reticle design!

Wait what? This is already out? What is the reticle?

I have one and like it. But the stadia lines are pretty hard to see. It's designed to be used with a multiplier, which I have no plans to use. Will Burris be able to upgrade older sights to a new reticle design!

Wait what? This is already out? What is the reticle?

I think he means he has the first version and wants to know if Burris will be able to retrofit it to the new design once it's out.

Edited by TyinTX

• 1 month later...

The new reticle can not be put into one of the Gen 1 AR1X optics. Availability if everything goes as planned in production and QC won't be until about the end of the second quarter. I know that is not great news for those waiting.

We hope to be able to get an engineering sample soon and, if allowed, will try to get images of the reticle.

Went through all the promotions and delays in production/QC and bought a Gen 1 only to discover it didn't quite live up to the hype. Now we found out that the " new and improved " solutions can't be retrofit to the originals, guess I should have known better than to buy something made in china no matter who's brand name is on it...

Went through all the promotions and delays in production/QC and bought a Gen 1 only to discover it didn't quite live up to the hype. Now we found out that the " new and improved " solutions can't be retrofit to the originals, guess I should have known better than to buy something made in china no matter who's brand name is on it...

But you can nearly get 2 for the price of a Prismatic, that would most likely not be possible if they where not made in a lower wage country.

(edited to remove reference to incorrect country of manufacture)

Edited by Stlhead

The new reticle can not be put into one of the Gen 1 AR1X optics. Availability if everything goes as planned in production and QC won't be until about the end of the second quarter. I know that is not great news for those waiting.

We hope to be able to get an engineering sample soon and, if allowed, will try to get images of the reticle.

Cool, thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Any word on when they are coming out. I picked up two sparc 2s in the meantime and one of them quit functioning after a magazine, starting to flash/blink and then wouldn't turn on anymore.

• 1 month later...