Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is the Accu-Shadow worth the extra money$

stickboy44

Here's a much delayed follow up to some some of the quick 'accuracy' tests I did earlier on this thread - Torogi challenged me that I could do much better. This is one attempt each with the accushadow at 15 and 25 yards freestyle, and 55 yards (50 meters) with forearms and butt of pistol on shooting bench (seated prone ? ;-) I had two other loads / bullets that looked similar at 15/25 yards, but started to get wild at 55 yards. Show is with black bullets Intl 147 @ 1.105 OAL, N320 3.2gr, Federal SPP. This is SLOW fire -- got 8/10 in the A zone this time with the accushadow. Very confidence instilling for next match where as it turns out they put a plate rack at 30 yards. No problem, almost one for one (slowly :-)

post-48463-0-32916100-1407790883_thumb.j

post-48463-0-60280300-1407790902_thumb.j

post-48463-0-44232100-1407790916_thumb.j

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just picked mine up today and I can definitely see where the 'Accu' comes in. 99% of my shots landed in an 8" Shoot N C from 15 yards freestyle. Didn't really have a hard focus either as I just wanted to feel the recoil. I'm coming from a G34 so it's like night and day. My only complaint is that the fit/finish is really sub par. The red dot for the safety looks like a 6 year old painted it on and the barrel looks like scrap metal with a polish feed ramp and chamber. Not sure if it's worth the money just yet, only time will tell

The red dot for the safety looks like a 6 year old painted it

Yea, it's the same way on mine for the left side red "safety dot." I wonder if there's a way to remove that without removing the polycoat. I'm pretty sure I could repaint it better. lol

Just picked mine up today and I can definitely see where the 'Accu' comes in. 99% of my shots landed in an 8" Shoot N C from 15 yards freestyle. Didn't really have a hard focus either as I just wanted to feel the recoil. I'm coming from a G34 so it's like night and day. My only complaint is that the fit/finish is really sub par. The red dot for the safety looks like a 6 year old painted it on and the barrel looks like scrap metal with a polish feed ramp and chamber. Not sure if it's worth the money just yet, only time will tell

Congratulations! Poor Glock is going to get dusty sitting around ... I think my painted red dot came off first time I hit the frame with brake cleaner (non-clorinated) when I was super cleaning everything when apart. (I normally just do brake cleaner on the slide/extractor now/again to keep that from gunning up too badly) :-) Either my Accu or my SP01 Shadow that happened to..

• 1 month later...

This is my Shadow Light with the Accu Shadow bushing installed. I just got it back from CZ a few days ago. This was a stock Shadow in which I had the bushing installed. It has well over 10,000 rounds through it, so it's not exactly new.

This was fired at 25 yards using my practice load and multi-time fired mixed range brass. It measures 1.5" CTC.

I fired 30 rounds before this group as I'd cleaned the barrel and it needed to settle back in. I was getting a little frustrated with the first groups as all were trending right by several inches. I haven't shot this gun in a few months and had some trigger finger placement issues, so ignore the right push. I was aiming at the bottom center of the black circle (6 o'clock hold).

post-26858-0-38863800-1412442727_thumb.j

Edited by mizer67

Wish I had of gotten the accu shadow, not that my regular sp-01 Shadow isn't awesome but I don't know if it will make enough difference for me to bother selling mine to get the accu.(only had mine for a month)

Did the Accu leave CZC initially with the bushing, or was it a Shadow sent back to have the bushing added?

The most closely guarded secret in all of USPSA.

Of all the IDENTICAL Accu's being used, which ones were Shadows sent to CZC to have Accu bushing installed, and which one's came directly from CZC with Accu bushing already installed? I've heard A.G. Eric Holder's last act as A.G. will be to subpoena CZC on behalf of USPSA for the list of Shadow's that originally left CZC with the bushing, and those with the bushing added after it was sold as a Shadow and sent back.

I'm a newcomer to Brian's forum and a proud owner of a brand new CZ Accu Shadow. Purchased it on Thursday from Jon at Oak Hill Guns and picked it up at my local FFL yesterday afternoon. I couldn't wait to put some lead down range. WOW, this is one smoooooth shooting piece of machinery! Angus and his team at CZC have reason to be proud, it's an amazing pistol. Makes my outstanding, German engineered Walther PPQ seem not so outstanding anymore. Now I get it...

But then not production legal

Why wouldn't it be production legal.....as long as the part is on another cz production gun the part can be put on the non accu shadow

Because slide has to get milled for the bushing and is no longer how the gun left the factory.

No, I bought a target before I bought an accu-

shadow and I am wondering if it would be worth it to get an oversized barrel fitted when I get the short trigger return installed in it. It was my first instinct to try to turn it into an accushadow which why I knew the "answer".

A little too cryptic...sorry

Edited by underlug

I thought maybe you were referring to the "match" barrel which is slightly oversized and needs some slight fitting work. I've got the extended match barrel installed on both my Accu Shadows. I'm definitely not good enough where it will make any difference/improvement to my shooting. But the important thing is the cool factor went up. And the more "cool" the gun looks, the less training necessary, right?