Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is the Accu-Shadow worth the extra money$

stickboy44

I've never actually broke any of these things, but I'd get a spare slide stop and a replacement trigger return spring. I'd also go ahead and replace the trigger pin with a CGW trigger pin so it's easier to work on if you do have to change the spring at a match.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with Chris_C... Keep a spare slide stop, trigger return spring (CGW or factory CZ) and replace the trigger pin with CGW trigger pin. You don't want to be removing a factory trigger pin during a match and CGW pin makes this process painless. Be sure to keep a 1/16 punch (I think) in the bag for replacing the trigger return spring.

I would also "blue Loctite" the trigger limit hex screw and any hex screw on the sights after the initial shooting session with the pistol. Some people don't like the trigger limit screw and eliminate it, but I prefer it. Also I believe the accu-shadow comes with the HAJO sight. I'm know nothing about this sight, but on the fixed sight you'll want to lock down the hex screw as they will eventually back out... probably during a match :)

A friend of mine keeps an extractor and an extractor spring in his spares... I don't as I have a friend with one in his bag :)

Other than that, remember that most people change the recoil spring every 5000 rounds (11lb. is factory weight) so you might save on shipping by adding a few of those to your order. Mainspring (13lbs. factory weight) is changed much less often, but again if want to save on freight it may not be a bad idea to pickup.

Trigger return spring and slide stop are the most common breakages so make sure you're prepared to repair/replace quickly.

I have a question as well. What spare parts should I order to have in my range bag while my accu is being built?

Another CZ75 SP01 Shadow :-)

... just because I am not adept at field gunsmithing.

Here's stuff that maybe is just assumed in to be in your kit, but also consider if you don't have them yet:

0) Field cleaning kit

1) Screwdriver for grips, hex keys for sight and trigger

2) Extra magazine beyond what you'd run max in a stage, in case one gets damaged or lost

3) Spare Fiber Optic rods for front sight (maybe grab both an extra green and red, then you can mix it up each time you replace)

4) Spare Grip Screws

5) Squib Rod (EndoFab has a nice one with poly end http://shop.endofab.com/Squib-Buster-Universal-Pistol-SBUP-3.htm )

2-4 are pretty simple, but major POA if you need one NOW and you don't have in your bag.

Edited by trgt

I have a question as well. What spare parts should I order to have in my range bag while my accu is being built?

I'd get:

a slide stop or two

various weight recoil springs (variety fun pack)

Oh, not IPSC.

USPSA and IDPA.

Yes, I see.

Well, would you send a "bushing set-up" for the TS in .40 to Germany?

I suppose, that I can use the bushing in Limited Division.

A buddy of mine is a gun smith, so I think he should get it done.

Would you?

I had a chance to quickly do a longer range comparison for myself -- a totally STOCK SP01 Shadow vs. SP01 Shadow CUSTOM vs. SP01 ACCU-SHADOW.

Bullet is 124gr JHP Montana Gold, W231 4.9gr, OAL 1.12, 1080 FPS, PF 133

6 shots each at 12, 25 and 50 yards (more like 55.. , and that one supported, arms on table)

6" plate in the center of the target, I didn't have time to try for tight groups, so my goal plate hits at each distance.

6" Plate Score:

STOCK: 11 (6,4,1)

CUSTOM: 13 (6,5,2)

ACCU: 17 (6,6,5)

I think I could improve the Custom score -- doing it right after the Stock pistol I think I was messed up a little on trigger control. Next time I will do it opposite order. Kudos to the CZ75 SP01 Shadows all around -- everything here is "A" zone USPSA at 12 and 25 for all pistols. It will be interesting to see 12/25 distances at speed next time - I'm guessing a larger distinction between stock and custom than you see here when I do that.

post-48463-0-46101800-1395703921_thumb.j

post-48463-0-78845500-1395703932_thumb.j

post-48463-0-75524900-1395703945_thumb.j

post-48463-0-67509300-1395703963_thumb.j

post-48463-0-11937300-1395703978_thumb.j

Edited by trgt

I'm curious as to what else the competition trigger package entails. The DA pull on my Accu is a hair over 8. I was talking to another guy at the range yesterday and he let me try his CZ 75. The pull was noticeably lighter. He mentioned swapping out the mainspring but I'd like to know if there is more to it than that. I've heard swapping out the firing pin would also be good if swapping the springs.

I had a chance to quickly do a longer range comparison for myself -- a totally STOCK SP01 Shadow vs. SP01 Shadow CUSTOM vs. SP01 ACCU-SHADOW.

Bullet is 124gr JHP Montana Gold, W231 4.9gr, OAL 1.12, 1080 FPS, PF 133

6 shots each at 12, 25 and 50 yards (more like 55.. , and that one supported, arms on table)

6" plate in the center of the target, I didn't have time to try for tight groups, so my goal plate hits at each distance.

6" Plate Score:

STOCK: 11 (6,4,1)

CUSTOM: 13 (6,5,2)

ACCU: 17 (6,6,5)

I think I could improve the Custom score -- doing it right after the Stock pistol I think I was messed up a little on trigger control. Next time I will do it opposite order. Kudos to the CZ75 SP01 Shadows all around -- everything here is "A" zone USPSA at 12 and 25 for all pistols. It will be interesting to see 12/25 distances at speed next time - I'm guessing a larger distinction between stock and custom than you see here when I do that.

Mike, looking good! I can't wait to see it in action. Are you shooting any DAP event?