Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is the Accu-Shadow worth the extra money$

stickboy44

Just wondering is the Accu Shadow IDPA legal? I know that the custom target is.

SSP require an annual production of 2,000 per year, I doubt production is that high but you would have to check with CZ to know for sure.

It is not ESP legal due to the full dust cover.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had a customer say he called IDPA HQ and said that they said ( ya like that ), that the ACCU was SSP legal.

you might want to call and verify, but IDPA does not have a list.

Just shot mine for the first time yesterday. Absolutely amazing. The included paper says the DA/SA was 8/3.8. i tested it at about 7.8/3.2

If this is your first CZ, I'd say save up the money and get it. You won't be disappointed. If you're a seasoned cz shadow vet, it may not blow your mind for the price you pay.

i'm not a cz shadow vet so this thing is bad ass!

Just shot mine for the first time yesterday. Absolutely amazing. The included paper says the DA/SA was 8/3.8. i tested it at about 7.8/3.2

If this is your first CZ, I'd say save up the money and get it. You won't be disappointed. If you're a seasoned cz shadow vet, it may not blow your mind for the price you pay.

i'm not a cz shadow vet so this thing is bad ass!

Shot mine for the first time yesterday...and wowzers! Mine is 6#/ 2lb 2 oz per request. Trigger is unbelievably smooth, and the reset is so short. Best analogy: Old cell phone buttons vs. touch screen...the pre travel is so minimal it is imperceptible.

The Accu-Shadow is as accurate as claimed. The bullets go exactly where the barrel is pointed.

This included 1 weak-hand-only mike, 1 40' mike, and a nearly perfect double delta on an inverted metric at 25 yards at today's 1st outdoor match of the season.

My CZ tactical sports is just as accurate. I can easily hit grass, small bushes and old car tyres at 10 yards.

I do it to make sure nothing can sneak up on me from behind the ipsc target.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

My first outing with the Accu-shadow, I did a quick face-off with a SP01 Shadow Custom, (and I am NOT a bulls-eye shooter ).

First photo - 15 or so shots each. This is about 10 yards, 8" shoot'n'see target, so that center '10' area is about 2.45" wide. I tried to do everything the same, Accu-Shadow on the right.

Second photo - at 20 yards, Accu-Shadow on the right (with less shots).

BTW, I'm guessing that the height difference at 20 yards maybe due to taller HAJO sights on the custom SP01 vs the low to the bore LPA target sights I requested for the accushadow, and just where each sighted in right now.

I also have a bone stock SP01 shadow, so I'll do this again with that and maybe some different ammo across all three, as well as normalizing the zero on all of them at 20 yards, to see if sweet spot for each varies much, beyond seeing the difference in accuracy.

post-48463-0-02810500-1394611103_thumb.j

post-48463-0-93839400-1394611714_thumb.j

Edited by trgt

Nice comparison. May refer to your targets as people ask?

Sure, I'll have something better with more data later including 50 yards :-) This was squeaking something out before the range closed at midnight!

Edited by trgt

My first outing with the Accu-shadow, I did a quick face-off with a SP01 Shadow Custom, (and I am NOT a bulls-eye shooter ).

First photo - 15 or so shots each. This is about 10 yards, 8" shoot'n'see target, so that center '10' area is about 2.45" wide. I tried to do everything the same, Accu-Shadow on the right.

BTW, I'm guessing that the height difference at 20 yards maybe due to taller HAJO sights on the custom SP01 vs the low to the bore LPA target sights I requested for the accushadow, and just where each sighted in right now.

I also have a bone stock SP01 shadow, so I'll do this again with that and maybe some different ammo across all three, as well as normalizing the zero on all of them at 20 yards, to see if sweet spot for each varies much, beyond seeing the difference in accuracy.

Thanks for the comparison. I recently purchased an Accu so I'm glad to see there really is a measurable difference.

Can you tell us the load data on the rounds you used for the comparison?

Thanks.

That is Winchester White Box 115gr 9mm :-)

... I requested the competition trigger/spring job on top of the normal custom build, which I think puts you in Federal only primer territory - but the only ammo I had in the bag was Winchester primer stuff I had already loaded. It wouldn't run my reloads reliably, a good number of light strikes, maybe 2 or 3 of 10. But curiously had no problem running the WWB that was also in the bag. Not sure if they have different primer blend for in house use, or if they did a better/deeper job seating the primers?

I'm loading up a batch now of 124gr and 147gr with federal primers, so will do a more thorough comparison soon. I'm just at the start of tuning the ammo to each of the guns I have, but its interesting to see the difference between the guns with the same ammo.

Edited by trgt

Wow! Just post that picture as a response and close the thread.

That is Winchester White Box 115gr 9mm :-)

... I requested the competition trigger/spring job on top of the normal custom build, which I think puts you in Federal only primer territory - but the only ammo I had in the bag was Winchester primer stuff I had already loaded. It wouldn't run my reloads reliably, a good number of light strikes, maybe 2 or 3 of 10. But curiously had no problem running the WWB that was also in the bag. Not sure if they have different primer blend for in house use, or if they did a better/deeper job seating the primers?

I'm loading up a batch now of 124gr and 147gr with federal primers, so will do a more thorough comparison soon. I'm just at the start of tuning the ammo to each of the guns I have, but its interesting to see the difference between the guns with the same ammo.

it's almost certainly the fact that the factory ammo has the primers seated deeper. if you have adjustment on your press for primer seat depth you could probably seat your own win primers deeper and run them for practice and save feds for matches. the other option is hand seating the primers in something like a lee hand prime or whatever, then run your press without decapping pin and without the primer seating pin. you can seat them very deep by hand.

SSP require an annual production of 2,000 per year, I doubt production is that high but you would have to check with CZ to know for sure.

If the gun is on the production list, and it is, it has met the 2k requirement. The gun is SSP legal therefore ESP legal by definition.

If the gun is on the production list, and it is, it has met the 2k requirement. The gun is SSP legal therefore ESP legal by definition.
USPSA requires 2,000 total be produced to be production legal.

IDPA requires 2,000 per year be produced to be SSP legal.

I'm not trying to say that it shouldn't be allowed in IDPA, I just don't want to see someone drop that kind of $ on a pistol and not be able to use the way they planned.

Edited by Czhase

it's almost certainly the fact that the factory ammo has the primers seated deeper. if you have adjustment on your press for primer seat depth you could probably seat your own win primers deeper and run them for practice and save feds for matches. the other option is hand seating the primers in something like a lee hand prime or whatever, then run your press without decapping pin and without the primer seating pin. you can seat them very deep by hand.

Thanks BeerBaron! I don't want to drift the thread, so I'll just say I'll look into tightening it up on my xl650 to try other primers. But I've got a lot of federal primers - I knew this would potentially be federal primers only gun set up this way. Thanks again!

I hope to heck it's worth it.

I just pulled one from Oak Hill guns.

With trigger pulls of approximately 7 and a half/three and a half am I restricted in regard to primers?

Should I use +10% or +15% magazine springs with the factory magazines and from whom should I get them?

What should I get for additional magazines and how should they be set up?

Thanks in advance

Just manipulating the pistol/not having shot it...............the reset is insane

Edited by underlug

I don't believe there is any primer restriction for the regular Accu-shadow.

To clarify anything about that from above, I asked for an option over/above that of getting the Accu-shadow and all the custom trigger work that comes with that, which is the competition trigger job, and I was told upfront that is something that lightens the DA pull but with the caveat that it probably will need federal primers for reliable ignition.

My custom SP01 shadow is 7 1/2 lbs DA, less than three SA, and has no problems with winchester or CCI primers, no primer restrictions I've found.

My new Accu-Shadow is just about and sometimes under 6 lbs DA, less than three SA, and thus far something that runs on Federal primers, or well seated Winchester primers.

I asked for the competition trigger job option since I already have something with a custom trigger job, and I wanted to see how the competition trigger job runs. My understanding that is an option you can ask for on any gun you have them work on, so that's not an Accushadow specific thing.

Edited by trgt

I hope to heck it's worth it.

I just pulled one from Oak Hill guns.

With trigger pulls of approximately 7 and a half/three and a half am I restricted in regard to primers?

Should I use +10% or +15% magazine springs with the factory magazines and from whom should I get them?

What should I get for additional magazines and how should they be set up?

Thanks in advance

Just manipulating the pistol/not having shot it...............the reset is insane

Get the Mec Gar AFC 17 mags, they are the lowest cost and the most reliable. They are good to go out of the box, but if you want to upgrade the base pads, CZC, Springer Precision, and Ben Stoeger all have aluminum options.