Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I think I just ruined my M2

RAZZ

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man that sucks but someone should be able to build up the reciever with welding it and then just get that dremel back out :devil: . If some one can weld aluminum soda cans together someone should be able to fix that. Take your receiver to a gunsmith that knows a good welder and they should be able to come up with something and just a thought could you not just put strong like cord that would restrict how far the follower would be allowed to extend. I Know it not the best fix but it would work. You could put a eyelid thru the follower then attach a some strong like cord and attach it the end of the mag tube. Better than losing your shotgun

Heck, as long as I don't run it dry, it works just fine!

I'm not too concerned about it. There have been some very helpful replies in this thread, and it looks like it might be able to be fixed. If not, a few others here have already pointed me towards folks where I might be able to find a stripped receiver. That's why I love this place--you guys are great.

The H&K super 90 and the M1 Benelli are identical. The M1 and M2 are quite different and can not interchange.

As to the orriginal poster's problem, you cqan save it...or I sould say Mark Roth can save it. The guy who makes the X-Rail (Mark Roth) aklso makes a one piece tube for the M2 and at times I know he has made them with a "captured" follower. You would meerly unscrew your factory tube, and follow Mark's directions and screw in his one piece tube and you would be back in business! Give Mark at X-Rail a call and save your gun!!!!

This is what my buddy did when he did the same thing to his SLP. Turned out pretty good. But he is still very pissed at himself. Best to contact him by phone.

My receiver is SUPER close to losing the follower. Id imagine eventually it will wear out from shell rims/ follower slap. I plan on dropping a small aluminum bead on the receiver or even using some quicksteel putty epoxy (I used it on a supercharger outlet once, it can handle a shotgun reciever im sure) to build it back up. Id try the captured tube route. Hell, if i could just straight up buy a captured tube for my Versamax i would! Then I could hog out the receiver even more!

Shell catches, follower doesn't because it doesn't have a lip/rim to catch on

:devil: you could take knocking the primer out to the next step and open it up a tad more with a Dremel :roflol:

Some hunting ammo comes already blacked out save you a step .forget which brand though

Edited by Amerflyer48

Shell catches, follower doesn't because it doesn't have a lip/rim to catch on

Until the gun cycles. All this would do is turn the follower into the last shot in the tube. As a bonus, you would have a bunch of coil spring in the action to make things really interesting.