M&P are being sold left and right

Jukez

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dunno. Probably a lot of different reasons. Maybe peeps just chasing the "next bestest thing" thinking it will improve their shooting. Or perhaps, those that couldn't afford nicer equipment now can.

I do know this; It is a damn good time to be buying!

I'm seeing a lot of M&P's on the market also. This is bad news for those trying to sell used M&P's. You can get brand new M&P 9/40 for $399 right now (has been for the past couple of months). The M&P 45 is $499 I believe. The 9/40 are not competition models. I rally do like my M&P but I dedicated last year to my Glock 34 and will again next year.

I'm seeing a lot of M&P's on the market also. This is bad news for those trying to sell used M&P's. You can get brand new M&P 9/40 for $399 right now (has been for the past couple of months). The M&P 45 is $499 I believe. The 9/40 are not competition models. I rally do like my M&P but I dedicated last year to my Glock 34 and will again next year.

I haven't seen non-comp models that cheap but those are great prices.

yeah I have one I was going to use for 3 gun, I shoot CZ but thought a striker might suit me better since the grip angles were pretty darn close (plus I already have the TTI Basepads for it). But my striker broke and apparently they are on back order from S&W and it will be a while before they can get one out to me they said. (Warranty is great, just sucks they dont have the part to replace for it LOL)

Wish someone had aftermarket titanium or some crazy goodness that would last longer and perhaps be more reliable :(

I guess its only a matter of time

Go try to find spare parts, every spare part, for that M&P. It is easy to find anything you want/need for either the GLOCK or the 1911 platforms, but for M&P's (and XD/XDM's for that matter) it is very difficult to find spare parts.

I haven't seen non-comp models that cheap but those are great prices.

http://pistolandpawn.com/shop/smith-wesson-m-p-model-9mm-or-40-cal.html

Yes, that is an excellent price. Of course there would be transfer fees for some, but still an excellent deal none the less.

I was one of these people.

I had a 9fs and a Pro for 5 years. I was looking to get a smaller carry gun. My 9 was one of the not accurate guns, the Pro was very. I didnt want to buy a 9c just to have to put sights,a trigger and a barrel in it,as I shoot my carry guns at 25 and beyond. I switched to Glocks and only needed to put sights and a connector in them. Gen4 Glocks are very accurate, and way more easy to pop the hood then M&P's.

I realize Smith has been improving the guns since june '12, but it was too little to late for me. I also got 3 extra g17 mags no problem when you could find M&P mags for under 50$.

Cool stuff always comes out for glocks 1st. How long have we been waiting for the M&P SIRT? Just 1 example.

I still shoot a M&P45 at work, but our specialized people shoot G35's/23's/36's.

Edited by theblacknight

yeah I have one I was going to use for 3 gun, I shoot CZ but thought a striker might suit me better since the grip angles were pretty darn close (plus I already have the TTI Basepads for it). But my striker broke and apparently they are on back order from S&W and it will be a while before they can get one out to me they said. (Warranty is great, just sucks they dont have the part to replace for it LOL)

Wish someone had aftermarket titanium or some crazy goodness that would last longer and perhaps be more reliable :(

I guess its only a matter of time

Yeah I agree with you on the titanium. But in the meantime:

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/slide-firing-parts/firing-pin-parts/firing-pins/striker-assembly-prod23263.aspx

$399 is well under wholesale.

I hate seeing them all for sale right now because I don't have any money to spend on new toys :(.

EDIT: It will be interesting to see if the rumored Glock 41 really is a long barrel .45 like the Glock 34/25 pistols.

Edited by ZackJones

As a person that used to shoot an M&P, then an XD-M, and now Tanfoglio's, I can say I got rid of mine due to a trip to buy a new 5" pro one day. Went to Sportsmans Warehouse to buy the M&P 5" Pro, handled an XD-M 5.25 and fell in love with how much better of a gun it was. With the M&P you just have to accept new sights and trigger right off the bat. With the XD-M, you can get away without needing either, but some trigger refinement would help. I had close to 10k rounds through my M&P40, but out of the box, the XD-M was the winner considering what I would have to do to get the M&P even close.

As a person that used to shoot an M&P, then an XD-M, and now Tanfoglio's, I can say I got rid of mine due to a trip to buy a new 5" pro one day. Went to Sportsmans Warehouse to buy the M&P 5" Pro, handled an XD-M 5.25 and fell in love with how much better of a gun it was. With the M&P you just have to accept new sights and trigger right off the bat. With the XD-M, you can get away without needing either, but some trigger refinement would help. I had close to 10k rounds through my M&P40, but out of the box, the XD-M was the winner considering what I would have to do to get the M&P even close.

I didnt like the grip safety button, but what pushed me from the xdm to the m&p was the factory 15 round mags. Sights and trigger didnt matter to me as I was going to replace them no matter what I bought.

I still see a fair amount of them in holsters. Maybe you see more of them for sale because there is more and more out there. S&W claims their handgun sales were up over 25% last quarter due to their polymer guns taking market share from competitors, that's from this Decembers earnings report. They claim to sell a lot of them.

I still see a fair amount of them in holsters. Maybe you see more of them for sale because there is more and more out there. S&W claims their handgun sales were up over 25% last quarter due to their polymer guns taking market share from competitors, that's from this Decembers earnings report. They claim to sell a lot of them.

Exactly. S&W is shipping M&P's by the pallet everyday so what you see on the used market is bound to be increasing. Same reason you see a zillion AR's for sale; there are just a lot out there. Does not imply they are bad guns.

Edited by mcracco