It happened,....S&W 929 8 Shot 9mm Revolver

alecmc

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so with all these rounds loaded up, how do they work if you throw em in cylinder and run "feed and spin"...check?

I doubt anyone has a gun to try them in at this time, I was quoted a two to three month delivery (March or April)

I talked with my dealer today - the SW rep was in last Friday - nothing really exciting to report:

No production date known

No introduction date set (this might happen at SHOT)

Guns will be allocated by reps to largest dealers first (my dealer has a number of them on order but has only two allocated at this time)

Nothing mentioned about possible shipments in March/April as others here have suggested.

Like I said, nothing too exciting but thought I would pass it along anyway.

Cool- great option for ICORE and USPSA.

Not digging the 29 of 929- that always speaks 44 to me.

To make things worse, there is now an M-69 that is a 5-shot .44 Magnum on the L-Frame.
I thought S&W had tried the L frame and .44special with the model 696, and had problems with heavy bullets and cracked forcing cones?

^ They did. I believe this gun has a window filling full length cylinder, so the thin barrel shank is supported by the frame, unlike in the 696.

I read somewhere that the two-piece barrel is supposed to help with this too. May have just been misinformation on an excuse for the two-piece barrel though.

All the dealers I have talked to here in NC about buying a 929 say MSRP ....until they get them in stock they will no know what the price is, seems odd.

For a dealer online where they are priced at $1022.

Tom

Cool- great option for ICORE and USPSA.

Not digging the 29 of 929- that always speaks 44 to me.

To make things worse, there is now an M-69 that is a 5-shot .44 Magnum on the L-Frame.

World is changing, isn't it. Sticking 9mm on an n-frame and 44 on a l-frame.

I'm not sure what planet I'm on anymore. LOL

Talked to my gun guy yesterday, and he is getting nothing back from s&w so far on any guns revolver or otherwise. So it looks like Alaska is going to be getting the shaft for a little while on the smith supply. Bummer

Toothguy

Do you really believe that USPSa made the change just because they thought it was a swell idea?

There is a driving force behind every change. Who other than JM would support a following to cause a trial of revo minor in USPSA and the subsequent intro of a minor 8 shot revo by S&W?

Certainly not me nor, I suspect, you!

JM has a large following but he is in it for himself and what will keep him on top.

Time for me to bow out and reload before this turns ugly.

Sorry to bring back page 3 back but just saw this.

Toothguy, you are 1000% right.

TheBrick, you are so wrong on so many levels, you really oughta do a little research. You post this way as though you have a clue and others may read it thinking you do, when in fact you do not and it really pisses me off.

You really think Jerry did this, and got Smith to make a special run of guns just for him? Are you crazy? Smith did it so they can make money! USPSA Area directors passed the rule change because a number of them see it as a way to try to increase the involvement of revo in USPSA. Blame them if you don't like it. Blame me. Whatever, but watch the slander. I'll be the first to try to beat JM but I get really annoyed with people like you and your posts.

Rob

Edited by TGO

Toothguy

Do you really believe that USPSa made the change just because they thought it was a swell idea?

There is a driving force behind every change. Who other than JM would support a following to cause a trial of revo minor in USPSA and the subsequent intro of a minor 8 shot revo by S&W?

JM has a large following but he is in it for himself and what will keep him on top.

TheBrick, you are so wrong on so many levels, you really oughta do a little research. You post this way as though you have a clue and others may read it thinking you do, when in fact you do not and it really pisses me off.

You really think Jerry did this, and got Smith to make a special run of guns just for him? Are you crazy? Smith did it so they can make money! USPSA Area directors passed the rule change because a number of them see it as a way to try to increase the involvement of revo in USPSA. Blame them if you don't like it. Blame me. Whatever, but watch the slander. I'll be the first to try to beat JM but I get really annoyed with people like you and your posts.

Rob

I feel like a moderators ears burning now... And, ZING!

Toothguy

Rob

I feel like a moderators ears burning now... And, ZING!

Hey, leave my ears outta this!

Now you boys play nice or I'll JB Weld all your hammer spurs back on!

-ld

That's a relief! For a moment I thought he was going to threaten us with stock return springs and CCI primers....

Nope -- the next level of escalation is to have you modify those guns to be production legal, and force you to play against bottom feeders..... :D :D

Well is it really that different? With the new whiz bang 9mms we could reload faster and we tend to make our shots count unlike those with Sir-miss-a-lot guns...

I didn't know his song was about Hogue grips?! :)
I like....Big Butts and I cannot lie, my revo brothers can't deny, when a guy walks in six rounds and two again, you other mothers going to cry! Eight-y shot minor! :D Edited by Forrest Halley