Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accu-Shadow on Approved Production List

rgkeller

Are you not reading what I'm writing or just ignoring it?

CZC is a manufacture. They manufacture the shadow. The shadow is a approved production gun. The shadow honestly is no different mechanically than a pre b 75.

All 75s have bushings. CZC has just manufactured a new model with a different/improved bushing. G34/35 mp pro XDM 5.25 all have lighten slides but nobody is calling foul there?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't believe CZC is a manufacturer of firearms. I think CZC modifies CZ firearms manufactured by CZUB and sells them in behalf of, and in cooperation with, CZ-USA. As CZ-USA is recognized by USPSA as a manufacturer, its firearms are eligible to be considered for Production.

I do wish CZUB, CZ-USA, and CZC would have a better alignment similar to that of Tanfo/Grauffel in Europe. Of course, we know how much IPSC management loves CZC/CZ-USA.

My two pesos.

Edited by justaute

I'm not really here to argue with you,Corey, because it goes nowhere. Accu-Shadow is sold under the catalog of CZ-USA, not CZC. Although I shoot CZ, and longer than many here, I'm quite indifferent to this issue. It's not as if I have much respect for IPSC/USPSA management, anyway.

Edited by justaute

Picked one up last month. With MG 124's the accuracy is very impressive. For those that don't have the threaded bushing, prepare to get your buttocks spanked. Ben and Matt, are you paying attention? :>) I think a GM card should accompany the pistol, yeehaw no more practice.

Edited by coordinator

Are you not reading what I'm writing or just ignoring it?

I think it's the other way around actually.

Why wait? You have the single shot exemption for next year, so you can get it here in CA legally.

I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to be here and don't want to pay extra and get neutered mags if I don't have to.

Edited by Whoops!

I'm reading it I just don't under stand your logic.

Then again as some others have pointed out I may be incorrect in who actually makes the gun.

I guess I can use Billr's answer to a lot if IDPA question. Doesn't matter what we think USPSA approved it.

The Shadow gun started as a slide made specifically for the CZ Custom shop, correct me if I'm mistaken. It had input from several shooters (Hobdell, Tyc, as well as LE/military) and was designed from the ground up with features in mind, or lack of I should say (IE: no FPB). CZ UB makes the slides as per the criteria CZ Custom Shop laid out, again correct me if I'm wrong.

So how is it that much worse for the CZ Custom Shop to take Shadow slides they designed and add a more accurate bushing to it? BTW, all CZs have bushings. They're just not removable until the Accu-bushing came about. It's basically a product update.

Of course the standard Shadow work goes into the Accu-shadow as well. The Accu-shadow just goes one step further by re-introducing the short reset disco and adding a new adjustable HAJO sight.

Edited by ftjandra

I understand the desire to keep with the spirit of the foundations of the Production division which was to have a place where stock guns could be competitive and shooters don't need to drop $3,000 to play. There is more than enough evidence to suggest that the Indian over the arrow analogy is alive and well in production division and for me the challenge of shooting Production is much more fun than any other division that I have tried.

Not too long ago it would have been illegal to shoot a Glock with a reangled and slimmed grip in Production but the voice of the people has been heard and this is now a standard option.

In my opinion what we are seeing is Production division competition having the same type of influence on the "service pistol" that early competition had in the evolution of the 1911. Just imagine if all progress in 1911 design were frozen at the introduction of JMB's A1. Features which are now standard for the industry were once very custom but the crucible of competition has helped to improve, refine, and perfect the art.

I can't believe everyone is getting all worked up over a bushing and also to say it's not fair for Production. These are probably the same people that say their Glock is superior to a 1911 (but how can that be true when a 1911 has the unfair bushing making it superior?). The CZ is a great gun with or without the bushing. Taking an already outstanding gun, and adding a bushing to it, won't significantly improve the gun and take you to the next classification. Your improved shooting skills will do that.

Let's get real. The same guy that was smoking you in PRD with a Glock, M&P, XDm, Sig, Tanfo, or whatever, will still be smoking you if you get a CZ Accu.

I understand the desire to keep with the spirit of the foundations of the Production division which was to have a place where stock guns could be competitive and shooters don't need to drop $3,000 to play. There is more than enough evidence to suggest that the Indian over the arrow analogy is alive and well in production division and for me the challenge of shooting Production is much more fun than any other division that I have tried.

Not too long ago it would have been illegal to shoot a Glock with a reangled and slimmed grip in Production but the voice of the people has been heard and this is now a standard option.

WHAT are you talking about?

Since when did they add grip reductions to the OK'd list of modifications approved for production use? Please cite this in the amended rule book.

I think the spirit of the game is alive and well in all classes. I think the intent behind production has fallen by the wayside. Still, the rules themselves, the way the class is set up keeps me shooting production regardless of how many bushings we shoehorn on a firearm or how much Eric Grauffel spooge comes slapped into a lube bottle...

Edited by Magsz

or how much Eric Grauffel spooge comes slapped into a lube bottle...

Are you saying this is what you use to lubricate your firearms? :surprise:

As much as I appreciate CZ Custom's work, the AccuShadow will not overcome the lack of natural ability or hard work. It's the CZ97 bushing concept in the CZ75.

Will I buy one? Ya probably. :devil: Still Ben and Eric will kick my @ss. :yawn:

Edited by huskerlrrp

WHAT are you talking about?

Since when did they add grip reductions to the OK'd list of modifications approved for production use? Please cite this in the amended rule book.

I think the spirit of the game is alive and well in all classes. I think the intent behind production has fallen by the wayside. Still, the rules themselves, the way the class is set up keeps me shooting production regardless of how many bushings we shoehorn on a firearm or how much Eric Grauffel spooge comes slapped into a lube bottle...

I am referring to the Gen 4 Glocks that now include an interchangeable backstrap effectively reduces the grip similar to the grip reductions that use to be illegal for Production.