Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 Rocky Mountain 3-Gun

JP Enterprises presents The 2005 Rocky Mountain 3-Gun match.

The 2005 Rocky Mountain 3-Gun is scheduled for August 25-27 at the NRA Whittington Center, Raton, NM. The match will again feature 8 run and gun stages in natural terrain. We will also offer a team stage plus precision rifle and machine gun side matches.

We expect to have our website updated and applications available some time after the first of the year. The match will be limited to 200 shooters.

We are stongly considering a change in our He-Man Class: We may change the shotgun requirement to a 12 gauge PUMP gun. Input at the 2004 match was overwhelmingly in favor of this change. If you would like to throw your two cents in on this, please post here.

Because of rotator cuff replacement on left shoulder, I cannot operate pump guns. I would like to shoot iron man if I can use a auto & scope on the 308. as my ageing eyes cannot see steel sights. I guess I'm basically screwed up , but I love to shoot.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to scheduling constraints and work. Eric Miller, Kurt Miller, and Jimmie Holdsworth, won't be involved in putting on this years Rocky Mountain 3-Gun. Hopefully we will get to shoot it, but we will have to see. I wish all the luck to the people that are going to put it on, as I know it is a boat load of work! KURTM

kurt, what's work???? sorry to hear that. hopefully you can shoot the match. whats your shooting schedule look like. email me. i'd like to shoot with you again dude. by the way its chrismas morning and i've been at work since noon yesterday. so i know how it feels. see ya trapr

• 2 weeks later...

Let's have 3 cateories: open, tactical, and he-man. Open: no restrictions, any gun, any sight, any comp. Tactical: pistol, any, no comps, iron sights; rifle, any, iron or 4X scopes; shotguns: any 12 or 20, no comps, iron sights. He-man: psitol, .45, 10 rds., no comps, rion sights; rifle, .308 min., iron sights, no comps; shotgun, 12 pump, iron sights, no comps.

For people who love to shoot with bad eyes and physical impairments (me), I can choose one of the categories where I can .308 scopes and auto shotguns. :wacko: