Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The blue bullets-New bullet company

narcop

I had removed some burrs on the slits that are cut on them. I also went ahead and polished the contact surfaces with a felt bob and some rouge. I also made some small adjustments to the flaring die to open up the case mouth slightly. This seemed to engaged the collets in the feeder better.

I also think the coating has improved a little in hardness or surface finish since the first batch I had. I don't have any proof of this though.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks...I hadn't noticed any burrs but polishing them shouldn't hurt anything. I'll give that a shot as soon as the rain lets up.

My MG's feed perfectly...just want to get the Blue's to run through without screwing up the feeding of the MG's.

I shot not shit SHOT blue bullets this weekend for the first time. They were great! But, they left some funky residue in my Glock but threw a brush through it and nice and shinty again. Will I buy these again h*ll yea I loved them!

Edited by wamcei

I shit blue bullets this weekend for the first time. They were great! But, they left some funky residue in my Glock but threw a brush through it and nice and shinty again. Will I buy these again h*ll yea I loved them!

Tell us more....please.

I shit blue bullets this weekend for the first time. They were great! But, they left some funky residue in my Glock but threw a brush through it and nice and shinty again. Will I buy these again h*ll yea I loved them!

Tell us more....please.
Lolololol

I was working up a new Limited load, so I bought sample packs of Blue Bullets, Bayous and Montana golds. All were 200 grain round nose.

At 4.3 grains of N320, the PF's were as follows:

MG: 155 (expected to be the lowest because it's jacketed)

Blue: 169

Bayou: 179

Given that the Bayous made so much more power, I am choosing to stick with those and back the powder down to 4.1 grains. The Blues shot fine through my STI though, and kept the barrel pretty clean. I suspect that just the harder coating they have is why they're slower.

I was working up a new Limited load, so I bought sample packs of Blue Bullets, Bayous and Montana golds. All were 200 grain round nose.

At 4.3 grains of N320, the PF's were as follows:

MG: 155 (expected to be the lowest because it's jacketed)

Blue: 169

Bayou: 179

Given that the Bayous made so much more power, I am choosing to stick with those and back the powder down to 4.1 grains. The Blues shot fine through my STI though, and kept the barrel pretty clean. I suspect that just the harder coating they have is why they're slower.

Did you measure the diameter of a sample of each?

One thing I wish they would do is come up with a better bag for their bullets. My first order was the 250 round sample pack. While they tape the heck out of the box and wrap them in a tyvec envelope, as soon as I picked up the bag, it split open in about 3 places and I was picking up bullets from the floor.

the order I got today was a 500 count SFRB and once again, I opened up the tyvec envelope, pulled out one of the packs and bullets falling all over. 2 splits along the seams this time. I didn't even bother taking the other pack out of the envelope as I'll do it over the blue bin at home later.

<edit> thought I would see about the other pack in the box and as soon as I picked it up, the end busted open and half a bag dumped.

I just received 3,600 of the 9's and inside of the shipping box it was packed 1,200 to a box and within each of the boxes was a well sealed bag. The 3 boxes were also taped to a top & bottom piece of cardboard as well as to each other and a Styrofoam block which was a spacer.

I do agree that the 250 sample packs (received before) leave a lot to be desired in terms of packing.

I just received 3,600 of the 9's and inside of the shipping box it was packed 1,200 to a box and within each of the boxes was a well sealed bag. The 3 boxes were also taped to a top & bottom piece of cardboard as well as to each other and a Styrofoam block which was a spacer.

I do agree that the 250 sample packs (received before) leave a lot to be desired in terms of packing.

You couldn't of wrote it any better. Exactly the same experience.

You couldn't of wrote it any better. Exactly the same experience.

Same here

Most bullet producers I've dealt with have had issues getting their product packaging to survive shipping. The best I've seen is how Montana Gold packs their cases. Heavy plastic bag inside a heavy cardboard box that perfectly fits inside a USPS flat rate box. Any other form of packaging, the boxes containing the bullets tend to blow out their sides.

• 8 months later...

I just ordered a case of 38 caliber 125 grain round nose from Blue Bullets.

I plan to load them in 38 Special and 357 Magnum cases.

Original load was the Missouri Bullet 125 Grain TCFP, 3.5 grains of Clays powder. Chrono'd from a 4" Ruger GP100 at ~950fps (no significant velocity difference between 38 and 357 cases).

When the Clays powder ran out, I switched to Ramshot Competition, which I found produces the same velocity for the same charge weight, and it meters better than Clays.

Will have to see what happens when I substitute the Blue Bullet into the load.

• 1 month later...

I'm sold on the blue bullets. Outside of the smurf blue on the fingers I couldn't be happier. I'm using 147 gr 9mm for competition over vvn320 and it crazy accurate. I'm going to have to up my orders to get the better packaging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Less powder for coated.

WST:

Load: Xtreme 147

WST 3.6

OAL 1.125

Measured Velocity: 911 945 905 931 961 932 935 914 914

Max: 961 Min: 905 Range: 56

Ave: 927

Std Dev: 18.17

Avg Power Factor: 136.3

Min Power Factor: 133.0

Notes: Glock 34

Load: Blue 149gr (note these are the 147gr round nose but they weigh in at 149)

WST 3.6

OAL 1.125

Measured Velocity: 953.8 926.3 893.0 916.0 925.0 996.0 902.0 927.0 914.0

Max: 996 Min: 893 Range: 103

Ave: 928

Std Dev: 30.71

Avg Power Factor: 138.3

Min Power Factor: 133.1

Notes: Glock 34

I've since moved onto other powders but that was the only one I had with two equivalent charges for plated vs. coated bullets.

Edited by AJE

Thanks AJE, good info. I'm still trying to figure out a preferred load, trying various bullets and powder; although, finding different powders to try is a little harder than ordering lots of different bullets :). I've heard lots of good things about blue bullets so figured I'd give those a shot.

I settled on Red Dot and Bullseye with the 147 Blues. Nothing bad to say about either of them. I set for 3.0 grains of Bullseye and loaded 5k of them without having to touch the adjustments.

The only bad thing now is I'm getting low... need to load more.

Just received my first order of Blue Bullets a few days ago to try. I'm trying the 180gr .40 RNFP. Loaded up some yesterday and quickly discovered the "smurf finger" thing. Haven't got a chance to get out and shoot any yet, but expect they should do well. I've been shooting the ACME hi-tek coated bullets prior to this and really like them, but just wanted to try another out of curiosity. I do like that the ACME doesn't discolor your fingers and the coating seems more consistent , plus you get the cool wooden boxes.(although I would prefer lower cost and no box). Also, the ACMEs are sized .401 vs .400 in the Blue Bullets. Will see how I like them I guess.