Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The blue bullets-New bullet company

narcop

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were some sizing issues in the first production that was mentioned in an earlier post here. This has since been corrected. I received some of the irregular sized bullets several weeks ago and brought it to their attention. They found the issue and corrected it within a week. They will replace those bullets for you if you want but I went ahead and loaded mine. They shot just fine for me. I just received a new order that were correct so that problem has been identified and corrected as far as I know.

The 9mm bullets I have are .356 and I am not sure they offer an option for sizing yet but I am sure that is coming.

Edited by bowenbuilt

I ran some of the 125 gr 9mm in my Shadow behind VV320 and Clays and they worked flawlessly. They were not quite as accurate as my Montana Gold Hollow points but they will be just fine. I should mention there was no load development for this comparison just my normal 4.2 gr of 320 and 3.6 and 3.7 gr of Clays. I went ahead and bought 3600 but my "buddy" just relieved me of 1200.

Update on my previous post up-thread. It was an issue with my process.

Since I can't find affordable new brass in any quantity I only use mixed HS. The way I had my 9mm crimp set I was for the most part always ending up with a round that had no crimp, that's the way I like to set it, no crimp, case tension is the only thing that should be holding the bullet firmly in place. However, with the ever so slight variances of mixed HS, some rounds were coming through that did have a very small crimp, like on the order of .377. Enough to cause the light leading I was seeing. I backed off the crimp die a bit and now no rounds are coming through at less than .379 with most falling between .379 and .380.

This last batch after 200 rounds went much better. They continue to gauge beautifully and shoot very accurately. I have been loading them at 1.118 +/- .004 with 4.0 grains of WC 231. They reliably make 129 - 130 PF out of a Beretta 92FS @ 10 ft from the chrono.

I purchased 10,000 and am in the process of loading them all up. Should be done tonight. I will be offering a box of 250 for about $57.50 in my vendor forum in a day or two.

My apologies to Nathan for my hard headed insistence that there was no crimping. I really like these bullets and hope they work out well for all of us.

I just met them today at a local match in SC and will say they are great people. I picked up a sample pack and will load them up this week.

Agreed. I talked with them before and after the match. Great people. I'm going to give their bullets a try as well.

I received my order last week, though I don't know when they were produced. It is only 250 of them so I'm not worried. If I make a larger order then I will want them to be on size and round.

An update. Nathan has sent me another sample pack of the .40 180gr. FP bullets. Of the 10 bullets I mic'd they all measured between .4003 and .4010. The roundness is there too with no bullet being more than .0003 out of round. I'm excited as these seem have the benefits of a plated bullet at closer to a cast bullet price.

I have another update. In the very near future they will be offering Blue Bullets without the lube groove. The components and hardware has been ordered and should be in the works by the time the weather breaks. The price of these will probably be slightly higher than the present bullets but for those who want the groovless bullets you will get your wish soon. I like a company who listens to their customers!

I kinda wanted to share some of my experience shooting these in a 9mm AR15. It was about 45* @ time data was collected. Powder was win231, CCI SP primers mixed brass, 147gr

1.143 3.3gr 935, 881, 902, 906, 885

1.143. 3.5gr 958, 958, 964, 969, 950

1.143. 3.7gr 989, 991, 1010, 1011

1.125 3.3gr. 921, 976, 911, 975, 901

1.125 3.5gr. 976, 983

For those that only have a few numbers sorry the chrono was acting up.

I liked the speed and consistency of 3.5gr @ 1.143 so that's all I shot for acuracy and it shot a 4 round 1" hole at 25yards. This was out of a 5" ADCO barrel off a rest.

I am very pleased with these bullets as there was no smoke that I noticed and I was shooting another companies 45 coated bullets that were extremely smokey with clays.

• 2 months later...

I have found them to be 30 to 40 FPS slower than plain lead. Anyone using cast bullet information to load these should bump the powder charge up a couple of tenths to achieve the same velocity.

As an update they now offer groovless 125 grain 9mm RN now and also are offering sizing options on most rounds. All of their offerings will be groovless in the near future. I tested their new 230 grain .45 ACP bullets several weeks ago with excellent results.

Edited by bowenbuilt

On the no lube groove front...

SNS Casting has a 125 RN that I've shot from my chamber length challenged CZ and like.

Precision makes several no lube groove coated bullets. But when I push tested the 147's, they came up so short that the insertion would be more than .3". I won't be loading these unless I move to a different gun. They would work fine in my Glock.

Donnie, at Bayou, says he will have no groove molds soon. I will buy a sample of those to try.

Donnie, at Bayou, says he will have no groove molds soon. I will buy a sample of those to try.

Me too!

Edited by JLeeCZ

SNS Casting has a 125 RN that I've shot from my chamber length challenged CZ and like.

Precision makes several no lube groove coated bullets. But when I push tested the 147's, they came up so short that the insertion would be more than .3". I won't be loading these unless I move to a different gun. They would work fine in my Glock.

I think my PPQs chamber is the CZ's long lost cousin, also needing to load on the short side.

I've got some of the new SNS, along with some BBI, a few Bayous and others to do some workup on today..

I'm wondering how long you can seat the new SNS 125grs to w/your CZ?

Here I'm limited to 1.085", which is actually better than the MG 124gr JHPs (1.065"), but was hoping to load a bit longer.

Has anyone found out what coating Blue Bullets use? i.e. is it just a blue version of the Hi-Tek coating Bayou uses, or something different/proprietary?

I believe it is some kind of powder coating, it's definately not the Hi-Tek coating. Projectiles coated with the Hi-Tek stuff are much slicker feeling than powder coated in your hand.