Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9th Annual 2014 Midwest 3 Gun Championships Sponsored by Brownells

We are please to announce the dates for the 9th Annual 2014 Midwest 3 Gun Championships sponsored by Brownell's.

The match will be held May 16-18, 2014 at the Midwest 3 Gun Range outside Fayette, MO.

The 2013 match was a success and we look forward to another great match in 2014.

Please visit our website: midwest3gun.com for updates and more info.

Entry form enclosed.

Thanks,

Ken

2014 Midwest 3-Gun Entry.doc

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Some hotels are now requiring a 1 week stay at full rack pricing if they are not sold out. If this does not get addressed, this will be the last year I put this much time and money into finding lodging. Please listen to what the shooters have been trying to tell you.

The Motel Situation is pretty bad, I got caught last year and ended up in a roach motel. I looked up reservations for this year at one specific brand of hotel, and out of 5 properties in the general area, there weren't a dozen rooms left, and those were all at Full Rack Rate. Who wants to pay almost $600 for *just* their room? Hope you built some extra camping spaces...

The Motel Situation is pretty bad, I got caught last year and ended up in a roach motel. I looked up reservations for this year at one specific brand of hotel, and out of 5 properties in the general area, there weren't a dozen rooms left, and those were all at Full Rack Rate. Who wants to pay almost $600 for *just* their room? Hope you built some extra camping spaces...

I have always wanted to shoot this match but could never fit it in.

This is valuable info....if can't get place to stay, or if place is cost prohibitive....helps with the decision making that goes on this time of year.

Edited by Lead-Head

The match needs to be moved a week earlier. I know part of the reason for the match date was for those that also come to shoot the Bianchi Cup don't have to make two trips. They can shoot the 3 Gun and stay for Bianchi.

But I don't think that many shoot both matches anymore. Last year, even less did. I talked to a few at Bianchi and they said the 3 gun match messes with their timing for Bianchi. They prefer to concentrate of just Bianchi.

The scarce motels with outrageous prices will take it's toll if this match remains on MU graduation weekend. And no one will want to be a match hotel and give rooms at a discount.

Just my thoughts..

Craig

Have you guys checked Boonville. I didn't have any problems getting a room two years ago. There are a couple on I-70 including a Holiday Inn Express. Then there is the 100 year old Hotel Frederick right at the river that is pretty cool. Lucky for me though, my mother in law is 15 minutes from the range. Unlucky for me is she will be home that weekend.

Folks,

We have changed the date to June 6-8 to allow everyone to be able to get hotel rooms. See new thread.

Registration is open and we are accepting entries.

Thanks,

Ken

Thank you, thank you, thank you. This is why this is one of the best matches there is, Mr. Flood is the MAN.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Make it out for the match if you can.

Here are a few things you should be ready for this year:

-Awkward shooting positions with all 3 guns

-high round count (25-35rds) shotgun stage (may or may not be shotgun only)

-possibly an interesting "theme" here and there

-options?

-stages with movement while shooting/loading

-stages with less movement along the course

-some pistol distance

-reliable targets

-consistent stages

-expect to have fun and possibly get dirty

I'll be bringing some objects/props from my home range to donate to help out with the match.

EaZeNuTZ33,

Some of the objects/props from your home that you would donate to help out the match wouldn't happen to be beer by chance? That would be cool! Not during shooting of course but I would gladly hang out at the range afterwards. Just sayin'.

Make it out for the match if you can.

Here are a few things you should be ready for this year:

-Awkward shooting positions with all 3 guns

-high round count (25-35rds) shotgun stage (may or may not be shotgun only)

-possibly an interesting "theme" here and there

-options?

-stages with movement while shooting/loading

-stages with less movement along the course

-some pistol distance

-reliable targets

-consistent stages

-expect to have fun and possibly get dirty

I'll be bringing some objects/props from my home range to donate to help out with the match.

Are you telling us that things are going to look very different than the past couple years. I like the 25-35 on shotgun. Well not the 25 part, but I like the 35 part of it.

Jay