Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10 round in SS-Legal?

aandabooks

I have a chance to buy a bunch of Chip McCormick 10 rd Power Mags for a really good price. Will these be legal in SS division? Not setup for SS but these could be the start of getting setup.

Gun with empty mag inserted must fit in the box.

That's how I understood the rule. Thanks A.Roberts.

You may be allowed to shoot the 10 round 45 ACP mags loaded with 8 rounds at local matches, but they are not legal per USPSA single stack rules.

A 10 round 45 magazine inserted into the gun must fit into the USPSA box to be legal in single stack. The combination will not fit in the box because the magazine is too long. 9mm and 40 caliber gun/mag combinations must also fit in the box.

Edited by Dave C

The Corey (System) Mags are 10 rounders and fit the box. 10 rounds loaded for minor and 8 for major. These are the only 10 rounders I am aware of that fit the box. And the are diferrent than the standard 9 round Tripp mags. Also if you order them you need to call and ask for the corey system mags. they are not listed on the website

Love my tripp systemmags, I now shoot 40 minor in IPSC Classic. It's like cheating :devil: They come with the basepads grounded down from Tripp to fit the box, but boy it's tight. I hate it when I have to gun boxchecked :sick:

Edited by BlueVFRank

The Corey (System) Mags are 10 rounders and fit the box. 10 rounds loaded for minor and 8 for major. These are the only 10 rounders I am aware of that fit the box. And the are diferrent than the standard 9 round Tripp mags. Also if you order them you need to call and ask for the corey system mags. they are not listed on the website

This is incorrect unless something has changed I don't know about. The mags I use will only hold 9 rounds with the hybrid follower. Now the standard 40 system mags with the flex follower will hold 10 and fit the box.

on the USPSA rules website http://www.uspsa.org/document_library/2010HandgunRulesProof3web.pdf under Appendix D5 Single Stack Division Rules #9 it says "Maximum Ammunition Capacity: Yes, maximum rounds loaded in any magazine after the start signal -Major Power Factor - 8 rounds -Minor Power Factor - 10 rounds. I take that to mean that even if it fits in the box you can still only have 8 round mags on 40 or 45, and 10 round mags in 9.

Am I wrong about that?

on the USPSA rules website http://www.uspsa.org/document_library/2010HandgunRulesProof3web.pdf under Appendix D5 Single Stack Division Rules #9 it says "Maximum Ammunition Capacity: Yes, maximum rounds loaded in any magazine after the start signal -Major Power Factor - 8 rounds -Minor Power Factor - 10 rounds. I take that to mean that even if it fits in the box you can still only have 8 round mags on 40 or 45, and 10 round mags in 9.

Am I wrong about that?

Yes, you are incorrect. This same rule applies just like in production and limited 10. Regardless of your magazine capacity, the maximum rounds loaded into a magazine is restricted, not the magazine size itself. In SS, it is the size of the magazine that is limiting it because of having to fit inside the box, not the capacity of the magazine.

Am I wrong about that?

And don't look at it by caliber.. someone can shoot 40 (or 45, etc) as Minor and load 10 (if it fits)

Am I wrong about that?

40 major = 8

40 minor = 10