Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 "4th Annual" Nordic Comp Tactical Shotgun Championship

I am at the range and have one stage up. Bugs arent near as bad as I thought they would be. People working hard to get things ready. I am excited. I have to thank Duke for doctoring tbe cut to my head The blood running down my face would have looked bad ass if I hadnt been crying so hard.

Ha! First blood drawn is that of the Range Master himself!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The staff hit the ground today and we have all 12 stages set up. Including building an outhouse for your pleasure, can you believe that they could not provide enough facility's and we had to construct. The staff will power through all stages tomorrow and begin to register shooters at 1600 hours. The range is in great shape given all the rain we have had. There is no standing water to contend with.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow evening.

Safe travels,

Jay

I just finished sending email thanks to all the sponors I won prizes from. They were more than generous.

Big thanks to Jomar, Jay and Brian for making the match possible and run smoothly. ROing stage 9 was fun and I got to see a lot of old friends and make a few new ones.

Thanks to Duke (Way to go Mr. 2nd Place Finisher) for letting me borrow his Saiga so I could shoot in the Open Class.

While Carbon Arms returned as a Sponsor, 2014 was the first time I was able to shoot the match. I enjoyed the stages, the staff was professional and the prize table was very good. Great job MN 3Gun group, Jay, Jomar and Brian! Thanks also to Nordic for the huge support of this match and everything else you do for the shooting sports!

We will plan to be back in 2015. :)

Another awesome Nordic Components Tactical Shotgun Championship is in the books. As predicted this match got even better than it was in 2013. I feel fortunate to be able to go to match of this caliber and not have to drive half way across the country to do it.

Huge thanks to Jay, Jomar, Brian, Kevin and all the RO's and support staff. You guys busted your asses to make this one of the best matches I've ever been to. If I could have wrote you a check yesterday to cover my 2015 match fees, I would have. Outstanding job guys.

Having this match at the Forrest Lake Sportsman's Club was a great move. The facility was excellent, and considering the wet weather we've had, was in much better shape than expected. Even after the torrential downpour late Saturday afternoon things stayed pretty dry. Special thanks to Ron and Dawn Westberg. You couldn't find better or more accommodating hosts. All that good karma paid off too, with Ron winning one of the two random draw Benelli shotguns.

The new Practiscore system in place was a great addition and made the scoring smooth and fast. For that I have to shout out to Capitol Armament, this was an awesome donation. Not only for this match, but for all the MN 3gun Group matches. Thanks Clint.

Last and certainly not least. Thank you to the awesome group of sponsors that support this match. Check out all the match sponsors here http://tacticalshotgunchampionship.com/sponsors-2013/

See you all again in 2015.

Edited by Shooter115

This was an awesome match.

Well worth the drive from Canada.

I too would have prepaid for next year's if I could.

Thanks again to the organizers and RO's for a great overall experience.

The sponsors were extremely generous and we were amazed at how good the entire prize table was.

Squad 12, was fun shooting with all of you and hope to do so again soon.

Thanks to Nordic Components for continuing to sponsor this match and many others, the match this year was excellent, bigger and better than last year and all the sponsors seem to step it up a notch every year. Thanks to all the RO's, match director, Jay and Jomar, Forest Lake Sportsman's club and all the volunteers behind the scenes that help keep everything running smoothly and keep us all wanting to come back next year. Lot's of great people every year at this match.

Thanks to everyone in squad 12, had a great time shooting with all of you and hope to see you all at the next one aye!

What an awesome match! This was only my 4th tac shotgun match, but it was easily the most fun I've ever had shooting a shotgun. All of the stages were challenging and fun, the range is fantastic, and the match staff is of the highest caliber. The prize table was incredible and there was an excellent exhibition by the Gould Brothers.

Also, the Forest Lake High School Trap Team was there selling lunch as a fundraiser. After the match was over and before the scores were posted, we took the trap team down to stage nine, explained the stage (and the sport), loaded up our shotguns, and let them all shoot (even the coaches). It was awesome to watch! I overheard one of the boys tell someone in the background that his heart was still pounding! After a couple of them started asking about 3-gun. This was easily my favorite part of the match!

I had a blast! Great stages, good use of props....even the much discussed spinner. Brian kept them perfectly maintained, and while I will never say I like them, they were a fair and well presented target. Thank you Brian for all the props a.d targets you brought! Jay and Jomar, what needs to be said? Great job across the board! This is the way matches are supposed to be run and you guys put that level over the top.

Nordic components went WAY out of the way to make sure the prize table was deep and even purchased some guns for the raffle and table!!! A big thanks to Mossberg who donated several guns! It is nice to see a shotgun manufacturer support a shotgun match! I wish more would.

RNT gave all the R.O.s a little gift, but it doesn't even come close to say thank you for all the hard work and time sacrifice you guys made while we played THANK YOU!!!!

I'll be back next year, and might even be ready to run and climb! Once again thanks to everyone who had a part in this match, and thanks to Michelle Welch for starting the High School Trap League in Forest Lake, and getting them us make lunch everyday.

This was an awesome match.

Well worth the drive from Canada.

I too would have prepaid for next year's if I could.

Thanks again to the organizers and RO's for a great overall experience.

The sponsors were extremely generous and we were amazed at how good the entire prize table was.

Squad 12, was fun shooting with all of you and hope to do so again soon.

It was good shooting with you! I was surprised to see Canadians there but its a good match to make a trek for.

Also, Happy Canada day!

Big thanks to Nordic Components for sponsoring and supporting this great match. To the match staff you guys rock!! The stages were fun, and creative and a good mix of everything.

Cant wait to do it again.

The guys did a great job, the stages were challenging, but doable by all competitors, it has been a real joy to go shoot matches that are designed with common sense shooting challenges that test real shooting skills that everyone should be able to perform. The RO's and Match hierarchy are to be commended, I am glad to have supported the match in previous years and sorry that it took this long for me to attend.

I have decided to stop shooting matches that I have found to be silly in stage design, or have lost their way in the race to make things "bigger" and "better" and "harder". IMO our sport needs to test the skills that seem to have been forgotten or lost in the race to make things fast and flashy.

The four matches I have been to this year do just that, USPSA MG nats., Pikes Peak shotgun, Midwest 3 gun and Nordic Components shotgun championships, I hope the match organizers stay the course, of sound stage design and realistic shooting skills, I know that I intend to be back next year!!!

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog