Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 "4th Annual" Nordic Comp Tactical Shotgun Championship

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confirmation emails will be sent out shortly to those who are registered from the early registration.

For the regular open registration, I batch the envelopes by the postmark dates, and I give it a few days before I open the mail as to give the mail sent from a further distance the proper time to get in. The order is determined by the postmark, not the day it arrives. Once I open them, you will receive a confirmation email.

• 2 weeks later...

WOW!!! The match filled in just a little over a day. For those of you who made a trip to the post office to make sure your registration was postmarked on Saturday, February 1st, it was well worth the trip. All registrations postmarked on February 1st took up just about all the open slots we have. We now have a waiting list that is growing day by day.

Match confirmations were sent to those who are registered for the match. Waiting List notifications were also sent. If you had sent in a registration and had not yet received an email from me, contact me right away.

For those of you in the waiting list, stay very hopeful. If we get more sponsors this year, we could expand the match and keep it within the 2-day format. Bear in mind also that we have a quite a number of slots currently blocked off for sponsors who (by the nature of the game) are a vital part in the success of all matches. Those slots, if unused, will eventually open up to those on the waiting list.

As we get closer to the match date, more information regarding the match will be sent via email and posted on our websites, Facebook pages, and the forums.

WOW!!! The match filled in just a little over a day. For those of you who made a trip to the post office to make sure your registration was postmarked on Saturday, February 1st, it was well worth the trip. All registrations postmarked on February 1st took up just about all the open slots we have. We now have a waiting list that is growing day by day.

Match confirmations were sent to those who are registered for the match. Waiting List notifications were also sent. If you had sent in a registration and had not yet received an email from me, contact me right away.

For those of you in the waiting list, stay very hopeful. If we get more sponsors this year, we could expand the match and keep it within the 2-day format. Bear in mind also that we have a quite a number of slots currently blocked off for sponsors who (by the nature of the game) are a vital part in the success of all matches. Those slots, if unused, will eventually open up to those on the waiting list.

As we get closer to the match date, more information regarding the match will be sent via email and posted on our websites, Facebook pages, and the forums.

I think people heard that there weren't going to be any more pallets to crawl through this year.

I'll gladly crawl through the pallet tunnel or flaming tractor tires for that matter........as long as the gas masks get left at home..... Just kidding.....sorta

No matter what the boys come up with, I know this is going to be another great match. Stoked that I made the special trip into town on the first to get my app postmarked on the first day.

Edited by Shooter115

I always feel that a few things in a particular match are good to repeat a couple of times just so the returning shooters have an idea of what to expect. We have done the pallets 2 years in a row. I have no plan to have a tunnel this year. I can also assure you all that you will not see a dueling tree, what a shit target that was. I am really energized by how quickly this match has filled. Thank you to all who registered with such fervor. We intend to provide you with another outstanding match experience.

Jay

Dammit Jay. I had a stage in the works with input from these guys. I even thought about naming it "Jesse's Nightmare" and putting sschults in as the RO.

This sounds perfect! Please through in a B. Payne target that falls completely down when you hit it in the nutz for using pallets for two years. Lol!

That's why I love this match. You guys are too much fun.

I will probably re-up my contact lens prescription prior to this match. Something about that gas mask stage is still haunting me.

There needs to be another stage like the Tom Knapp stage!!! I liked that one.

Edited by sdhunterman

I will probably re-up my contact lens prescription prior to this match. Something about that gas mask stage is still haunting me.

There needs to be another stage like the Tom Knapp stage!!! I liked that one.

The clay/briquettes toss is always fun trying to get more hits than the year before. Last year I screwed the pooch cause the cold weather. Thought I grabbed my diffusion choke and instead grabbed the Full. I was in a hurry to get my gloves back on!

Lesson learned do can't hit no clays at 3 yards with a full choke!

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I don't want to speak for the guys running this match but we have shotgun matches at this range every month in the summer and there is some nice natural terrain stages and bays both. They have a nice " jungle run " through the woods, a duck tower to shoot off of etc.. etc... I am sure for the Nordic match they will be using a lot more of the range than I have even seen. IMO this is a great place for a big shotgun match -

Brad said it right. This range offers us shooting bay, open areas, and natural terrain. This range is also managed by the Westbergs who loaned those pipe targets last year that everyone loved. The Westbergs are already in the process of making more.