Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Maybe a stupid question, but what do you do with the rounds you goof u

Xhris

So I have probably 5-6 rounds that I don't want to shoot. I'm not sure how much powder is in them for one reason or another. Some of them I am fairly sure are empty, the others weigh way to much to be empty.

I have them in just a piece of tupperware now. But I want to get rid of them before they end up in something I am shooting... Can I soak them in something that will make them "Safe"

-Chris

Get a hammer type bullet puller and whack them out. You will eventually have more than a few in your tupperware for one reason or another.

+1..that way you dont waste your material and can "fix" it

There is no such thing as a stupid question!! Especially here--better to ask than to cause harm. I can't stand when someone insinuates a question is stupid. That's what makes people hesitant to ask questions and post. I'm sure with my very limited knowledge there are a few people that have found my questions stupid, but I don't care :goof: . Everyone on this forum has been helpful and given me tons of info and resources! So ask away!

ok then, another newbie question in the same vein. so i have about 6 rounds, primed, powder charged, crimped and everything. but for various reasons they need to be "done over" as well.

so i pull the bullet with the hammer (im buying one this morning) then dump the powder out. now i have a case with a primer in it. can i just dump this back into my case feeder? (dillon 1050) or am i at a high risk of igniting a primer doing this?

ok then, another newbie question in the same vein. so i have about 6 rounds, primed, powder charged, crimped and everything. but for various reasons they need to be "done over" as well.

so i pull the bullet with the hammer (im buying one this morning) then dump the powder out. now i have a case with a primer in it. can i just dump this back into my case feeder? (dillon 1050) or am i at a high risk of igniting a primer doing this?

I put them in at the charging station on my Lee Pro 1000. Don't know if you can do that with other brands, but I expect so. If the primer is good, etc. They get charged, flared, etc and I'm good to go. If I get a case or more with a fatal defect (wrinkled crimp, split I missed @ inspection, messed up case mouth) I throw them into my burning paper bag. They make neat "mini fireworks" when I burn... Bang, snap, crack. Such fun!

i ended up just pulling the bullets and taking the primers out of the press and hand placing my primed cases in at that stage and just re-seated them and ran them through the rest of the stages. totally fixed them and i dont have to wonder. thanks!

i ended up just pulling the bullets and taking the primers out of the press and hand placing my primed cases in at that stage and just re-seated them and ran them through the rest of the stages. totally fixed them and i dont have to wonder. thanks!

Good deal and there is nothing you can spray on or dump in that will make any rounds safe. Just so you know. later rdd