Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bbf53023-a46d-4ac6-ab63-fc8c2ad9afa2_zps

So rumor has it that this will be in the SMM3G match. If this is indeed true my question for the match staff is this, will there be provisions for people that medically cannot be in this position?

As with previous matches, any stages that include unusually strenuous activities will also give the option of a less strenuous alternative with an appropriate penalty in lieu of compliance.

This prop has nothing to do with strenuous activities as your just sitting there shooting at targets with no movement at all. The only challenge there is in this is not passing out from the blood rushing to your head while upside down. Oh ya I forgot the other challenge is not up chucking your last meal.

Strenuous would be like the old days of SMM3G where it was lots of run and gun and you had to catch your breath and need O2 after a stage. Now that was Fun!!

So rumor has it that this will be in the SMM3G match. If this is indeed true my question for the match staff is this, will there be provisions for people that medically cannot be in this position?

As with previous matches, any stages that include unusually strenuous activities will also give the option of a less strenuous alternative with an appropriate penalty in lieu of compliance.

This prop has nothing to do with strenuous activities as your just sitting there shooting at targets with no movement at all. The only challenge there is in this is not passing out from the blood rushing to your head while upside down. Oh ya I forgot the other challenge is not up chucking your last meal.

Strenuous would be like the old days of SMM3G where it was lots of run and gun and you had to catch your breath and need O2 after a stage. Now that was Fun!!

Indeed, I meant "strenuous" in the context of "putting strain on the body" which this prop does to a modest extent. We have had similar concerns in the past with stages that involved the competitor hanging in a harness (2010 and 2011). You are correct that it turned out to be much less problematic in actuality - the anticipation was probably worse than the reality for most folks. We ran 90+ shooters through this prop over the weekend, Juniors to Super Seniors, with weights from 90 pounds soaking wet to approaching 300 pounds - nobody seemed to have a problem and I didn't see anyone opt not to shoot the course as designed. Nobody dropped their gun, passed out or puked, but of course we always want to give folks who do have a medical concern the option to err on the side of safety.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the opportunities for movement and creative decision making on the other stages, although I would say that we do try to put more emphasis on the shooting skills/problem solving aspects and less on athletic endurance (a la Iron Man). Unfortunately the new range layout and restrictions on arcs of fire limit our ability to stretch stages over vast tracts of land more so than in the past... I am trying to keep the stages more technical to compensate. I hope our customers will continue to enjoy the new challenges we present them with.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

Indeed, I meant "strenuous" in the context of "putting strain on the body" which this prop does to a modest extent. We have had similar concerns in the past with stages that involved the competitor hanging in a harness (2010 and 2011). You are correct that it turned out to be much less problematic in actuality - the anticipation was probably worse than the reality for most folks. We ran 90+ shooters through this prop over the weekend, Juniors to Super Seniors, with weights from 90 pounds soaking wet to approaching 300 pounds - nobody seemed to have a problem and I didn't see anyone opt not to shoot the course as designed. Nobody dropped their gun, passed out or puked, but of course we always want to give folks who do have a medical concern the option to err on the side of safety.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the opportunities for movement and creative decision making on the other stages, although I would say that we do try to put more emphasis on the shooting skills/problem solving aspects and less on athletic endurance (a la Iron Man). Unfortunately the new range layout and restrictions on arcs of fire limit our ability to stretch stages over vast tracts of land more so than in the past... I am trying to keep the stages more technical to compensate. I hope our customers will continue to enjoy the new challenges we present them with.

Richard aka little snowflake,

I am never disappointed with the match as it is one of the best in the country and the prize table is the best bar none! I was just pointing out my actions,results and body functions of myself on the stage. I guess I will take the penalty and move on to the next challenging stage in the match. :roflol:

Edited by BD Williamson

For the DPMS/Remington/Para-USA Team Match, first place gets you free slot to the next match ($300 value). Second and third get you a RESERVED slot for which you have to pay the full Match Fee.

Also note that this time around, entry fee is cheaper AND we will be having drawings for some Mystery prizes. These prizes will be well worth the $20 entry fee alone.

Mick

Is it just me or does it seem 2nd +3rd seem like better than winning which only gives you a match entry....the others two places give you a match Plus cash

Edited by kellyn

As currently designed, the likely minimum round count is:

RIFLE = 174
PISTOL = 99
SHOTGUN BIRDSHOT = 89
SHOTGUN SLUG = 4
There is no buckshot required.
As always, we recommend you bring extra ammo :devil:Local availability of shotgun ammo is pretty good this year, and 5.56NATO/7.62NATO/9mm is also available if you are willing to hunt around. Just don't plan on shooting your rimfires.
Edited by StealthyBlagga

Round Counts

RIFLE = 174
PISTOL = 99
SHOTGUN BIRDSHOT = 89
SHOTGUN SLUG = 4

IMPORTANT: A reminder about rule 3.4, which reads "ammunition containing tracer, incendiary, armor piercing, steel jacketed or steel/tungsten/penetrator core projectiles is unsafe and prohibited.".

As well as being a match rule, all steel-containing projectiles are prohibited at the Rio Salado Sportsmans Club range due to the risk of fire. Possession of steel projectile ammo at the SMM3G match will be grounds for DQ, regardless of whether the ammo is used on a stage, on your belt, or in your range bag. Please leave all your steel ammo at home.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Round Counts

RIFLE = 174
PISTOL = 99
SHOTGUN BIRDSHOT = 89
SHOTGUN SLUG = 4

IMPORTANT: A reminder about rule 3.4, which reads "ammunition containing tracer, incendiary, armor piercing, steel jacketed or steel/tungsten/penetrator core projectiles is unsafe and prohibited.".

As well as being a match rule, all steel-containing projectiles are prohibited at the Rio Salado Sportsmans Club range due to the risk of fire. Possession of steel projectile ammo at the SMM3G match will be grounds for DQ, regardless of whether the ammo is used on a stage, on your belt, or in your range bag. Please leave all your steel ammo at home.

Loved the Buckshot stage last year, still looking forward to this years match.....

• 2 weeks later...

No, it will be a Stage gun, a phased plasma rifle in the 40 Watt range...

Or maybe after you are spun round and round, you will grab whatever is nearby?

:roflol:

Mick

In regards to the inverted shooting devise, Will we be shooting rifle, shotgun or pistol?

Or.... all three? :goof:

Edited by MickB

"Unfortunately the new range layout and restrictions on arcs of fire limit our ability to stretch stages over vast tracts of land more so than in the past..."

This sounds as if there will be fewer longer range shots. Can you tell us the approximate range of the longest shots?

"Unfortunately the new range layout and restrictions on arcs of fire limit our ability to stretch stages over vast tracts of land more so than in the past..."

This sounds as if there will be fewer longer range shots. Can you tell us the approximate range of the longest shots?

Nope, that is not what I meant. There will be shots out to 300 yards+.

Nope, that is not what I meant. There will be shots out to 300 yards+.

Actually there will be targets out to 300 yards+. The shots are up to you.

I scoped two targets out at 375yds on stage 5...... Overall the stages look great..Looking forward to shooting Friday, have the late start with 5 stages on the first day. Get to sleep in.....

The RO's have officially begun shooting SMM3G.

We are looking forward to seeing everybody on Friday for what is the biggest match in SMM3G history, if the Prize Tables are any indication.

Also, new for 2014, SMM3G now has a Facebook page. Look for Sponsor information, pictures, updates and a whole lot more at www.facebook.com/smm3g

Please take the time to "Like" our Sponsors and show them your support for all the great items that you will be seeing on the Prize Tables.

Mick

Edited by MickB