Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 FNH USA 3 GUN CHAMPIONSHIP

Jesse is now famous...we have a rule in his honor! Congrats Jesse...GAMER!

4.5.5 In the event of a slung firearm at the start, the sling must be attached to the firearm and the sling must be touching a collar bone on the participant in such a manner that it will support the weight of the firearm without any other assistance.

No need for a rule just make us actually need to sling up fully by running and jumping before we unsling and load. BTW Dean Deturks belt sling was way more gamer in 2012 than my sling on the head in 2013. Nicely done Dean! I've been trying to figure out how to rig that up ever since.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree w/ Jesse on this one. If we need to have the rifle slung, make it because of something we're doing, not just an arbitrary part of the stage description. Climb a wall, carry something in our hands, maybe crochet a set of mittens....

I have to agree w/ Jesse on this one. If we need to have the rifle slung, make it because of something we're doing, not just an arbitrary part of the stage description. Climb a wall, carry something in our hands, maybe crochet a set of mittens....

+1 on this. Stage design will take care of any "gaming" issues with slings.

Bryan thanks for the crochet a set mittens idea.....I am at work with the stage planning now! Or we now have the rope swing over the pond remaining from the Tuff Mudder Competition. Rifle slung, run leap for rope swing across water to other side, engage targets as required to score! I am on it!

Bryan thanks for the crochet a set mittens idea.....I am at work with the stage planning now! Or we now have the rope swing over the pond remaining from the Tuff Mudder Competition. Rifle slung, run leap for rope swing across water to other side, engage targets as required to score! I am on it!

Sounds awesome! And in September the water won't be too cold for those who get a MIKE on this part of the stage.

That does sound fun!

Sounds like a blast Mark...bungee jump, array of targets straight below you. I vote for it to be a shotgun stage I want to know which methods of loading works best while falling with style :)

I'm not so sure about the bungee stage. What about DQ's when people drop their gun due to the sudden stop. Even experienced shooters can drop their gun when forward motion suddenly stops, resulting in the trip to Dairy Queen. :devil:

This is when the sling comes in handy haha

• 1 month later...