Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which BOX STOCK Shotgun Would You Choose Right Now?

Nalapombu

Outside of a welded lifter and the tube I added my M2 is box stock, no bolt work, no porting no nothing so I am going to say M2

Unless I am missing something not a single poster here has more time behind a shotgun that fits the question posed than Kurt!

Oh and he has won and placed in more events with that "stock with a tube" shotgun than anyone.

Sometimes it is a good idea to have some perspective on the respondents to inter web questions.

M2 based on the above, is the answer.

Outside of a welded lifter and the tube I added my M2 is box stock, no bolt work, no porting no nothing so I am going to say M2

Unless I am missing something not a single poster here has more time behind a shotgun that fits the question posed than Kurt!

Oh and he has won and placed in more events with that "stock with a tube" shotgun than anyone.

Sometimes it is a good idea to have some perspective on the respondents to inter web questions.

M2 based on the above, is the answer.

Well,...I'm glad that's settled! ;)

Lets say for the next 3 months you HAD to shoot all of your matches with a shotgun that was completely STOCK except for a magazine tube of your choice. No other tweaks or workk allowed.

Which shotgun would you choose to use and why?

A Remington 1100 might work for 3 months. If you have one already. :)

If you are new to the sport, and haven't yet figured out all the gear choices...shoot what you have available.

I know its outside of OP's statement but my answer is Versamax Tactical.

Already has a Nordic tube.

I did get the benelli thumb so lifter went off for welding.

So money that would be spent on tube went to lifter.

Out of box ready to run i would say the M2 3 Gun Edition. Like the above post stated, there is a reason Benelli chose us as their performance shop.

Yes, the same reason most of us choose you to do their guns. Like the words used by many Triangle Sports Rocks

I finally looked at and handled a Beretta 1301 yesterday. Everything is already done to it except for the tube for any shooter but the real pros. Beretta own Benelli so I'm sure the quality is there. The one I handled was a 21'' barrel, if it was a 24'' I would have bought it on the spot.

After messing with one this weekend, I'd choose the Beretta 1301. That is a fast, light shotgun. My second choice would be what I currently shoot with only a mag extension and bolt handle swap, the Winchester Super X 3.

At the end of the day I'm still left handed ... benelli all the way. My backup/practice gun is an m1 with a tube and a bolt handle period. I do all my reloading practice with it and have never been thumbed despite a stock lifter. My match gun is still a full blow accurate iron m2 though.

For my right handed friends though, that 1301 is pretty impressive. I just shot one last weekend, we'll see if they hold up but Beretta might have a live one.

Best bang for the Buck is still a used m1 IMO

At the end of the day I'm still left handed ... benelli all the way. My backup/practice gun is an m1lh with a tube and a bolt handle period. I do all my reloading practice with it and have never been thumbed despite a stock lifter. My match gun is still a full blown accurate iron m2lh though.

For my right handed friends though, that 1301 is pretty impressive. I just shot one last weekend, we'll see if they hold up but Beretta might have a live one.

Best bang for the Buck is still a used m1 IMO

Edited by ambluemax

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the 1301 thinking all I had to do was add the mag tube. Aside from all the ribbing as to its ugliness I received from the skeet guys, when I shot a few rounds with it, it has been perfect. On day one I gathered up all the random 12 ga shells I had laying around and loaded up the gun. 3" mag, 2 3/4 steel, reloads, slugs and just tried to get the gun to burp. No luck, ejection was perfect regardless. It is a very nice gun. I stuck a Kick EEze recoil pad on it because the spacers a butt ugly and that was a real recoil buster too. The only problem with that is the screw heads work thru the screw holes on the pad (holes bigger than stock screw heads) and it is loose. Just a trip to the hardware store fix there.