Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How has your Glocks finish held up and what holster do you use?

midvalleyshooter

I want to know which holster causes the least wear on the Glock. I have had extensive wear in the past that happened in a few short months. While I know there is going to be wear I would like to minimize it if possible

Yes I know its a Glock:) I don't mind honest wear, what has been your experience?

Thanks in advance,

Keith

Using a bladetech doh for my 34... I sanded down all the sharp edges that contact the slide years ago before I started using it. So far, there's minimal wear on the finish.

Prior to the bladetech, I also used a safariland holster that had a felt lining inside. I forgot the model, but that holster seemed "kinder" to the finish of the gun.

Edited by hiker88

Another blade tech user here. I've been shooting uspsa and 3gun with my G17 for a little over a year, and don't yet have any significant wear. But, I expect it will get some in time. That's part of the reason I picked a glock. It was purchased to use, and some wear and tear is part of that.

It's a tool. Hard use is expected to show some wear.

My 34's and 35's show finish wear on the slide from the BladeTech I use ( probably 40 or 50K rounds through each gun). The finish on my aluminum slide AA conversion is badly worn at a somewhat higher round count. I rarely clean the holster, and since I shoot on ranges that can get pretty dusty, I'm thinking if I weren't so lazy or if I cared more, I could have avoided a significant amount of the wear. If you take pains to keep the holster clean, you won't be grinding sand and dirt into the slide every time you draw and reholster the gun.

Edited by kevin c

I have a 2008 Blade tech DOH.

My g34 has some wear that looks like a long scratch running down the entire left side of the slide where it contacts the

holster. The rest of the finish on the slide looks fine.

I can actually hear some grinding when I draw the gun slowly.

Edited by GardenWeasel

• 2 weeks later...