Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where is Vihtavouri?

XDman

Haven't been able to find N320 for quite some time, and it seems all the other handgun powders by VV are gone as well. Has the powder been stopped at the border? Not allowed in the US?

I read an article in the NRA mag that manufacturers are running at capacity, but where is it all going?

I just changed to WST for my 40, and using the last of my N320 for my wife's 9mm.

Anyone have REAL info and not conjecture?

Here is my theory. Everything went dry - you couldn't find a thing! But now it is starting to come back and people are over compensating for running down their reserves. So as soon as things come back in stock, they go right back out because people got below their panic floor (10k primers) and are attempting to restore those supplies. Industry guys are speculating August - September we will be back on the level. But that said, we might not be able to be as picky with our component selection - WST may be your new powder for 40.

PV told me that VV only comes in to the US twice a year. Spring and fall. Once it dries up it won't be back in stock until the next scheduled arrival

I've been having the same problem trying to find N350.. I'm looking for a viable alternative that's made in the USA (more likely to be available). Does anyone have any suggestions for an alternate powder for an Open gun in .38 SuperComp ?

get on FB and like PV and you will get info from PV before anyone nows it. i got 8 lbs on n350 a couple months ago..they get the stuff, just be patient.

Don't forget to CC NSA, include a 'bomb' word to catch the attention :devil:

BritinUsa, Your next best alternative powder for 38Super is Winchester Auto Comp, made for Compensated raceguns but has other applications as well. PV has it more frequently than most of their other powders.

I've been having the same problem trying to find N350.. I'm looking for a viable alternative that's made in the USA (more likely to be available). Does anyone have any suggestions for an alternate powder for an Open gun in .38 SuperComp ?

By watching PV's site daily (best to check about 3-4pm CDT in my experience) I have been lucky and found enough N320 to currently make it my primary powder even though it's a tad more expensive than I'm used to. I have also picked up some N340 that I'm planning to use to work up a load for .45ACP, and some N165 as a possible powder in my .270WIN. My advice is to keep looking, keep hitting the site religiously... you'll find what you need.

I also wanted to briefly comment on the thought that a US-made powder would be more available. Interestingly enough, my research seems to indicate that very little powder is indeed made in the US... except some Winchester (and not sure but think Accurate is as well). As proof, pull up an MSDS for your favorite IMR or Hodgdon product. These powders are manufactured in Australia and imported in bulk to the US then broken down for retail sale. Just an observation...

I got N320 from powder Valley about a month ago.

Did you order it about a month ago, or get it a month ago? It takes my orders forever to get here from them, though I haven't received anything for the past couple months. Maybe things have gotten a little faster since my last order.

You must also look on other sites. Graf is a good choice for VV N320. I was able to secure a small batch in April. I try not to let my supply run below 4lbs.

I don't want to start a panic buy, and I cannnot confirm if this is a rumer or truth, but I heard that VV is considering closing one of their plants down overseas. Not sure if this would affect the N320 or any of their other types of powder either.

My backup powder, when I can't find N350 for my .38 Supercomp is IMR4756.

But the biggest can you can find. Every lot number I've bought chronos different.

• 2 weeks later...