Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fiber optic question.

a matt

I have found green is brighter and contrasts well in an indoor range. Red, however, contrasts better when outside and there is plenty of sunlight to make it bright. I always use green while diving as a backup, the eye picks it up well in less than ideal conditions.

foilage on the berm

I've never seen foliage glow like the F/O.

The green is easier to see at the begining and end of day.

I do have red on my Dawson's but I will change to green when the F/O breaks.

I've done the green or red dance many times, and i seem to just keep going back to a standard serrated black front sight. As nice and bright as FO are i can't seem to find one that doesn't occlude the front sight with the ole fiber optic halo. I lose accuracy and tend to shoot high because im aiming with my dot instead of my sight posts . The brazos that is set back isn't bad but still , i'm far more accurate with black sights .

I got black touch up paint put a dot on the FO, black front sight. Hits were much better. I had to see the sights lined up correctly, that made for better hits. Im playing with black, green and red to see what I like best. Kinda like finding the right spring setup..

I originally went with green on my limited gun since it was noticeably brighter. I'm now using red on my limited gun and revolver mainly because it's the same color as the dot on my open gun. Just seem to register it better.