Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Versa Max 3 Gun Edition

JRicks

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will load smooth and easy when we get done with it. You'll see a big difference.

So if I was to send you a new Versamax compitition Tactical exactly what all would you and your dad recommend doing to it? What services does it need, what parts etc? What would it cost? I may just have to send mine down.

Thanks

Will be working on the loading port, shell release, installing extended lifter, cutting back forearm, POA for slugs, radius extractor cut. Bolt work upon request.

Does modifying the lifter, shell release, etc. void the factory warranty? I have one of these on the way. My concern would be future problems that may come up that would need warranty repair. Is this a risk you just take????

Does modifying the lifter, shell release, etc. void the factory warranty? I have one of these on the way. My concern would be future problems that may come up that would need warranty repair. Is this a risk you just take????

As far as I know the only thing that voids the warranty is modifying the receiver. The lifter wears. ;)

this has been covered before a ton of times...I am no lawyer but this is always how it's been explained to me..

if you open the port up and the trigger assembly fails...they have to prove that your modifications are what caused the failure.

but if you open up the port and got a little crazy and took too much off...and it caused the receiver to crack or shells will no longer stay in the gun or something like that...that's on you. but if you opened up the port and the something elsewhere on the gun failed for a reason not connected to your mods...you should be fine.

there are laws that govern this sort of thing...so if Remington ever said no to warranty claim...I'm thinking $250 and a letter from a decent lawyer would be enough to get them to step up and fix it.

Edited by jriggs

Quick question about the gun as mine isn't in my hands yet. Will a standard Versamax magazine tube from one of the field models work as a replacement for the one piece carbon tube that comes with this gun. Just wondering as I want to pick one up and what ever other parts I need to make that work so I can use this gun in more than just Competition. Thanks for the help. And if anyone has one laying around collecting dust please let me know.

At least in Iowa if your magazine on you shotgun isn't longer than your barrel you are good to go for hunting. But if you had to have only a standard tube I would assume taking out the one piece 8 round tube and replacing it with one off of the sportsman or synthetic model would do the trick I just don't see much of a reason to do that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

To anybody that wants to lighten the trigger pull, the Taran tactical spring hammer for Benelli fits the versamax and decreases the pull weight to an average of 4.1 lb and no light primer strikes on Walmart federal, Winchester AA light loads or federal slugs.

Edited by Mad Doc

I just got mine today. This is one good looking shotgun. But the packaging is horrible. A cardboard box for a $1200+ shotgun are you kidding me. Remington needs to step up there game in that department. Nice selection of chokes and stock fitment parts though.

I gotta figure out how to make a good limiter for the magazine tube as I will probable use this one for Turkey season as well.

I was able to play with a few this past weekend. Lifter and shell latch need some work and the factory tube is still much looser than it should be. Not a fan of the 2 shot extension. Loading port still needs to be sloped and lengthened a tad. Still, it is closer. The XS sight is nice and the controls are nice.

If it was my money...toss up between a Waterfowl with mods and a Competition as far as dollars are concerned. If you do your own work, the C is probably a little better. If you send it out to get the work done, probably get a better deal on a tactical or a waterfowl.

I was able to play with a few this past weekend. Lifter and shell latch need some work and the factory tube is still much looser than it should be. Not a fan of the 2 shot extension. Loading port still needs to be sloped and lengthened a tad. Still, it is closer. The XS sight is nice and the controls are nice.

If it was my money...toss up between a Waterfowl with mods and a Competition as far as dollars are concerned. If you do your own work, the C is probably a little better. If you send it out to get the work done, probably get a better deal on a tactical or a waterfowl.

I was debating that also at first. I got it for cost so I cannot complain. Do you do the lifter and shell latch work?

I was debating that also at first. I got it for cost so I cannot complain. Do you do the lifter and shell latch work?

Jeff @ C-Rums or Steve @ Rose Action Sports.

I just got mine today. This is one good looking shotgun. But the packaging is horrible. A cardboard box for a $1200+ shotgun are you kidding me. Remington needs to step up there game in that department. Nice selection of chokes and stock fitment parts though.

I gotta figure out how to make a good limiter for the magazine tube as I will probable use this one for Turkey season as well.

What do you normally do with the box your gun comes in? Would have have preferred a different sheen on the box?