Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Versa Max 3 Gun Edition

JRicks

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just another person who got his gun in the cardboard box with all the lose parts floating around. I called Remington and told them about the condition which I received the gun, I also told them that there was damage to the green finish all the way down to the bear metal. I said to the lady that all that they needed to do was package the lose parts in a plastic bag and that would have solved most of the problems. Here response was "thank you is there anything else". I was floored at this point where she made no effort to offer an apology or anything else. I then asked for her to have a supervisor contact me. It's been over three weeks and I have not heard anything, I am not holding my breath.

I took mine out for the first time yesterday. I ran about 100 shells thru it with no problems at all. First impression was less recoil than my JM so a little bit of a learning curve for me. I found myself wanting to drive into the gun more anticipating the recoil. Missed a few static clays on fast strings low left. It took me a little bit to work that out but man this shotgun shoots soft. My load 2 method was also an adjustment from my JM. I had to adjust the angle to a more of flat angle with the VM. The more I practiced the easier loading got.

Edited by swedge58

• 2 weeks later...

I experience my first jamb in about 400 rounds. It was a Remington Nitro27 that failed to completely eject and it was trapped between the next shell on the carrier and the outside extractor. Not sure how it could get in that position. It is just one of those weird shotgun jams.

OK, so I just picked up my new gun that I won in a Raffle at the 3 Gun Nation Regional’s last month. And Since it was totally free I can afford to spend a little money on it. I haven’t shot it yet but have cycled about 100 rounds through it and everything seems like it’s working fine. I'm not sure of the lifter yet but I haven’t caught any body parts in it and loading seems a little stiffer then I’m used to on my JM Pro. I’ve been reading this string and have already gotten some good ideas from everyone, but just wanted to know If there is anything I should do before I shoot my first match with it, or let it get broken in first..???

post-46795-0-71966200-1403731972_thumb.j

post-46795-0-96254800-1403732646_thumb.j

post-46795-0-67016300-1403732675_thumb.j

Depends on your loading style if you load quad or duece you will want to file or cut the leading edge of the fore end. You may want to do the radius on the latch. And take a little material of the lifter to give some clearance.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Putting my Versamax Competition Tactical through a torture test tomorrow morning at the Nordic Components Tactical Shotgun Championship. The stages look awesome lowest round count is 16 with a minimum of 275 bird 20 slugs and 20 buck on 12 stages should be a challenge and I probably will have no excuses except for my poor shooting. That's the problem when you buy great equipment.

Good luck Iowa! I wish I was joining you guys, but I couldn't swing the long weekend it required to fly out.

I get to test mine out as well at a local all shotgun match. 6 stages, 15 buck, 15 slug, 150 bird... should be a nice little sunday match...

Buds had the Versa max 3 gun edition for just over $1300 a month or so ago. A coworker was looking at one. I checked one day and they were no longer in stock so I put one on my wish list. I get the email that they are back in stock. I check the link and find they sell for $1811 now. $500 increase over the last price WTH?

Buds had the Versa max 3 gun edition for just over $1300 a month or so ago. A coworker was looking at one. I checked one day and they were no longer in stock so I put one on my wish list. I get the email that they are back in stock. I check the link and find they sell for $1811 now. $500 increase over the last price WTH?

Wow! MSRP on that gun is 1699 I believe.

I took a chance and ordered from Impact Guns a few weeks ago. The website said "on backorder" 12 hours later but my FFL received the shotgun about 10 days after I ordered it. $1299, no tax for NC, free shipping. That was the only instance I saw them online for < 1300. Anything under $1400 seems like a decent deal at the moment.

I took a chance and ordered from Impact Guns a few weeks ago. The website said "on backorder" 12 hours later but my FFL received the shotgun about 10 days after I ordered it. $1299, no tax for NC, free shipping. That was the only instance I saw them online for < 1300. Anything under $1400 seems like a decent deal at the moment.

Was just in Impact Guns 2 weeks ago and they had one on the shelf. Not surprised you got it already

Was just in Impact Guns 2 weeks ago and they had one on the shelf. Not surprised you got it already

I guess I was paranoid because the reviews of Impact Guns online are less than stellar. There are all kinds of stories of customers ordering guns that are "in stock," per the website, only to be charged next day and wait on a gun that is actually on backorder. In any case, nothing to complain about here and I'm excited about my first semi auto.