Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How much will Glock help, blew up my G35

elroyyboy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are few companies out there that will screw a customer when the companies product is damaged. I would not expect Glock to fix it for free and I do not believe the OP does either. I would be surprised if they did not offer the repairs for cost or a little above. This is about customr service not big profits.

They will earn a lot more off a they only charged me $100 to fix my gun than I needed to pay full price to replace it.

Ok.... I'm NOT a Gock guy.. but Ido have a G19, G21 and a G35.... BUT.. what is a Blue label Glock....???? Are they something specal or something,.......????

the blue label guns are specially marked Glocks that are sold at a discounted rate to active military and first responders..

http://us.glock.com/bluelabel

OK... Got it... thanks...

Thanks Poppa Bear. You've hit the nail on the head.

What really sucks is that I blew up my gun on Saturday and just now arrived home from being in an accident with a crazy woman who believes that all words are more effective at 120 dB. I'm ok, truck's fixable, and she's still a lunatic.

A drift but the nuts out there make me laugh. I have carried for close to 30 years. Do you think I really care about your middle finger and what it could do to my feelings just because I do not drive at 10+ over the speed limit?

A drift but the nuts out there make me laugh. I have carried for close to 30 years. Do you think I really care about your middle finger and what it could do to my feelings just because I do not drive at 10+ over the speed limit?

Ha! I'm 47 but have the defensive skills of a 60 year old. Slow and deliberate, with an escape route at all times (she happened to want my route, too).

Hopefully the Tacoma will be good as new and ready for another 135k miles soon.

Accident tore the $#|* out of her car but the Tacoma motored on home. Whew. USAA is all over it now.

post-41155-136614488273_thumb.jpg

Poor Elroy. Now somebody will accuse you of saying Toyota should fix your truck for free! :roflol:

Sometimes you just can't win on this forum. I still say ask Glock what they can do for you. I know people have blown guns apart by their own admission and got things fixed pretty cheap. I think some of it comes from the makers not wanting us shade tree gunsmiths trying to super glue guns back together and hurting somebody.

Poor Elroy. Now somebody will accuse you of saying Toyota should fix your truck for free! :roflol:

Sometimes you just can't win on this forum. I still say ask Glock what they can do for you. I know people have blown guns apart by their own admission and got things fixed pretty cheap. I think some of it comes from the makers not wanting us shade tree gunsmiths trying to super glue guns back together and hurting somebody.

You're right Sarge. I thought I was having a bad day last week and then watched the video for "Free" by Zac Brown Band, which was filmed at a USO show in Balad.

I'm a lucky dude.

Well, I thought I got what was bad news in a phone message from Glock yesterday. However, after a follow up, Glock has VERY generously agreed to replace the frame on my G35 and return it to me. The frame will have a different serial number, but it's a shooter anyway.

Thanks everyone for your help and guidance!

Woo Hoo!!!

Well, I thought I got what was bad news in a phone message from Glock yesterday. However, after a follow up, Glock has VERY generously agreed to replace the frame on my G35 and return it to me. The frame will have a different serial number, but it's a shooter anyway.

Woo Hoo!!!

I knew they would take care of you. It's always worth asking!

Woo Hoo!!!

That's awesome! I was watching this thread with interest because you never know when something like that will happen and I'm running a G34 Gen 4. I'm very glad that you escaped injury and that Glock is helping out.

I was honest with the gentleman on the phone and asked if anything could be done with the gun.

I'll certainly adopt some better practices and not ask them again for help as a result of my mistakes.

Edited by elroyyboy

Ha! I'm 47 but have the defensive skills of a 60 year old. Slow and deliberate, with an escape route at all times (she happened to want my route, too).

Hopefully the Tacoma will be good as new and ready for another 135k miles soon.

Accident tore the $#|* out of her car but the Tacoma motored on home. Whew. USAA is all over it now.

post-41155-136614488273_thumb.jpg

Yep, she can put make up on, but you can't cover up crazy.

I was honest with the gentleman on the phone and asked if anything could be done with the gun.

I'll certainly adopt some better practices and not ask them again for help as a result of my mistakes.

Good for you man, glad it worked in your favor.

Steve

It is a blessing to be a Glock owner in Atlanta and to be able to swing by Smyrna. I was very please with their customer service. Took my well worn 2nd gen G17 there and they completely rebuilt pistol and mags plus installed new nights sights for $57 while I waited.

Reloads = no help from Glock. That's how I've always understood it. I can't believe they're helping you. That's awesome.

I've known of people who've blown up Glocks with reloads, contacted Smyrna, been honest with them about what happened, and gotten the guns rebuilt or replaced for a fraction of what buying a new one through normal channels would cost. I just wouldn't expect anything to happen quickly with Glock at this point...since they're quoting people 16-20 week waits on guns coming directly from Glock (cashing in pistol certificates).

Everyone I have ever met from Glock has been great to deal with and very shooter oriented. They know that most competition shooters are shooting reloads (many of them compete too) and they take that into account. The really do like seeing people shooting Glocks in all of the shooting sports.