Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Adams Arms Ozark 3-Gun Championship

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys choosing to let it roll to next year are brave. 2011 turned into a raffle because of scores. 2012 Shot the neighbors house day 1. 2013 Canceled the match. Do we really think there will be a 2014?

.... I was just thinking the same thing .

BTW I am real sorry for shooting that nice lady's house, but she had a "Vote Democrat" sign in her yard.

Edited by Lead-Head

BTW I am real sorry for shooting that nice lady's house, but she had a "Vote Democrat" sign in her yard.

Whew! I'm glad you finally owned up to that. I was worried they were going to keep on suspecting it was me as I was the only one that was happy to see that stage get thrown out. It was my first stage of the match, didn't listen carefully to the directions, shot the shotgun targets with my handgun, the handgun targets with the shotgun, and racked up a whole lot of penalties.

Whew! I'm glad you finally owned up to that. I was worried they were going to keep on suspecting it was me as I was the only one that was happy to see that stage get thrown out. It was my first stage of the match, didn't listen carefully to the directions, shot the shotgun targets with my handgun, the handgun targets with the shotgun, and racked up a whole lot of penalties.

Stage 1 last year was pistol/rifle only. Start in shooters box engage targets from box or breaks between walls. Atleast one target had to be engaged from the pistol dump position. Retreive rifle engage flashers, poppers, and paper from lower window. (this was the downfall of the stage). Then move to upper window and engage the poppers and flashers again.

I should have picked up on the flaw in the stage design as I RO'ed that stage. But in my defense neither did any of the other RO's that shot the stage prior to the match.

Stage 1 last year was pistol/rifle only. Start in shooters box engage targets from box or breaks between walls. Atleast one target had to be engaged from the pistol dump position. Retreive rifle engage flashers, poppers, and paper from lower window. (this was the downfall of the stage). Then move to upper window and engage the poppers and flashers again.

I should have picked up on the flaw in the stage design as I RO'ed that stage. But in my defense neither did any of the other RO's that shot the stage prior to the match.

That's B.S.

Several of us ROs questioned the target, when we shot that stage and were told by the local ROs that were with us that there was nothing to worry about because there was nothing behind said target for several miles. :goof:

If memory serves, at last year's match we were stopped from traveling up and down the road back onto the range for several minutes by an RO in the road. This happened only on the last day. Same issue, but shooting cars, not houses. The SG stage on the hill had potential of shooting through trees toward road. There were some slugs mixed in from that position as well.

I don't know how many times I drove up and down that road that weekend, while folks were shooting that stage.

That's B.S.

Several of us ROs questioned the target, when we shot that stage and were told by the local ROs that were with us that there was nothing to worry about because there was nothing behind said target for several miles. :goof:

My apologies, I should have said no one bothered to check google earth until after the house was shot. Questions were raised but were laid to rest with "there was nothing to worry about because there was nothing behind said target for several miles"

Don't worry Jomar, I did exactly the same thing shooting through with the RO's on Thursday [wrong targets/wrong gun] and topped it off with a broken shell [hence my interest in Kuan's knife].

...If you replied to my email asking for which option you would like, I have received it. Everyone will get a refund if they have requested it, so no worries. All refunds will be processed on Aug 16th.

Misty

So, refunds were processed today... per the above. I suppose we are looking at checks in the mail box by early next week?

I have sent repeated request to Kirk and Misty with no response. I have not missed any of the Ozark 3 gun matches but apparently I am not on the mailing list since I have not heard a word from anyone on the staff. Not sure when of if I will get my entry fee back.

I have sent repeated request to Kirk and Misty with no response. I have not missed any of the Ozark 3 gun matches but apparently I am not on the mailing list since I have not heard a word from anyone on the staff. Not sure when of if I will get my entry fee back.

Kirk is a stand-up guy. I wouldn't be worried. Obviously there are some things going on and quite frankly its none of our business. Give them time, I am sure everyone will have their money back.

No matter the reason for the match cancellation. I will attend any match Kirk and his staff puts together. It has always been a great match with challenging and fun stages. Hope everything gets better on their end.

and quite frankly its none of our business.

With all due respect, there's ~$50,000 of "our" money out there, lost air fares, vacation time that has been jeopardized/lost or wasted, and points that can no longer be gained because other matches are now full due to the delay in announcing, so yes, knowing what's going on is most certainly our business.

Edited by New4John

With all due respect, there's ~$50,000 of "our" money out there, lost air fares, vacation time that has been jeopardized/lost or wasted, and points that can no longer be gained because other matches are now full due to the delay in announcing, so yes, knowing what's going on is most certainly our business.

I agree.

and quite frankly its none of our business.

Yep.

I will say this,

Kirk is the MOST standup guy I know, if there was a way the match could have went on , it would have.

If you remember , maybe 3 ?years ago? , he did the match with a BROKEN BACK!

I realize most of you only see Kirk once a year at the match, and if that was the case with me I'd be a little concerned as well.

I've worked with Kirk since the FIRST Ozark match, I would trust him with ANYTHING/EVERYTHING I have.

I didn't think Kirk was even the MD this year?

I think the issue is, without a pretty solid and public explanation of why the match couldn't go down, then for all intents and purposes, it's dead. I think they will have a hard time convincing people to come back otherwise.

I'm sure when he can, he will .

IF, and I'm just guessing , it's family issues. There is NOTHING in this world that is more important than taking care of your family.

Once again , I'm just guessing.

Probably shouldn't even have posted this.

Edited by toothandnail

I live in Missouri close to STL. When I order from MidwayUSA (In Columbia MO), I receive all product the next day. I've ordered about 12 times over the years. I placed an order on Monday afternoon and received it yesterday, Tuesday.

We go to Big Cedar Lodge in Lake of the Ozarks once a year. From time to time we've had reservations and items mailed to us. Worst delay I've ever seen was 2 days to get us something... and that wasn't the posts issue, that was delay in someone getting to the post office.

Point is, a 1-2 day to post something across the state to my address from that neck of the woods is a pretty good benchmark.

+ + +

I didn't receive anything from O3G Tuesday or now in today's post. Mail has already arrived today (Wed).

+ + +

If checks were cut last Fri 8/16 and put in the mail, it should have already arrived.

Even if they were posted Mon 8/19, today is Wed 8/21 and it still should have arrived.

+ + +

Maybe they got held up with other affairs and what not this week, life does happen...

If I don't have something in the mailbox by Friday, I'll start to question their intentions and/or abilities to refund.

Good times.

Keep in mind....things were going to be "processed" Friday.......more than likely, that means they have to figure out who wanted a refund, who's fees were being forwarded to the US Amatuer match, and who's fees were forwarded to 2014 if there is a match planned. I ended up going the refund route since i'm already paid into the US Amateur match and 2014 sounds more and more questionable as to its chances of happening.

If there were 100 people registered already and everyone went the refund route...... thats 100 checks to be written (or money orders retrieved), then 100 stamps, 100 envelopes to fill out, and worst of all 100 envelopes to lick and shut before mailing. I, myself, do not contain the saliva necessary to mail more than 20 per day without copious amounts of chewing gum. I wouldn't take "processed" as "mailed" with the number of things they are trying to process.

I'm leaving for Rockcastle in the AM, and do not expect anything to be in my held mail when I come back on Monday, but would start to become more concerned if it isn't here by next Friday. i'm in Kansas City and receive stuff from the Ozarks and Midway in about the same time frame as Tactica.