Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Adams Arms Ozark 3-Gun Championship

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you to all of you that are supporting Kirk. As for those of you that are demanding a reason why the match was cancelled it is none of your business. Kirk is an honest person, as i have seen him do things for people that was of no benefit to himself, which I highly doubt those jumping to conclusions would do. As I have stated before anyone who has requested a refund will receive one, and you will receive it shortly. There are many that have not responded to our notice(some that are on here stating that they have not received your refund, so I am assuming you are transferring to the new match). Good day

Misty

I replied to the email, twice. The second time I even asked for a confirmation that whomever was getting the replies confirm that they got mine. I received no such confirmation. Given the way this has played out, I'm not brimming over with confidence about the reliability of the communication process with O3GC. One can only assume this has been the case with everyone, so forgive the skepticism in this thread. If there is a problem with communicating through email, then let us know here.

Misty:

Your point is well received and valid. Personally, I don't care why the match was cancelled. Life happens. It sucks, I was looking forward to the match and meeting you and Kirk, but it is what it is. I've heard tons of rumors and I'm sure the truth lies somewhere between all of that. I would just like my refund sooner rather than later so I can reallocate those funds to another match before this year's shooting season is over.

Individual communication about refunds seems to be a sore spot. I believe most folks would rather know that you have (or have not) received their email acknowledgement. Communication seems to be the largest general complaint at this point in the handling of refunds / compensation that I can see on this forum (or from what I've heard offline).

The communication regarding refunds we've received thus far could be summarized generally as 1) "email me your choice", 2) "if you've emailed me, I received it" and 3) "refunds, would be processed on 8/16."

I appreciate the effort to post something here over sending no communication. I really do. I'm guessing you're juggling several duties to get these refunds processed and out the door not to mention all the other background administration that is going on with the ProAM and and aftermath of the match being cancelled and helping out Kirk with whatever caused the event to be cancelled in the first place... managing chaos is never fun. However, if I'm being honest, this communication to those who paid - the customers - does fall short of an ideal for those of us concerned about our funds.

Moreover, the general communication becomes more concerning, when I/we hear of at least one other who sent in two emails that were not received (Kevin S.) As of yesterday he received an email from O3G stating that he now has been entered into the ProAm as O3G did not receive an email from him. However, he did request a refund twice as he knew from the beginning he would be out of town. These kind of events make the rest of us question, was my email for refund received? After all, I never received a confirmation of my request... The point is, a general notice stating that "If you sent me a notice, I received it" is a very inefficient and very impersonal form of communication and doesn't *confirm* anything to those concerned.

Next, the act of *processing refunds* is a generic statement as another forum member pointed out. I could read that as you are cutting checks and placing them in the mail.. on the other hand, it could mean that you are just doing the administrative planning work to see who is getting allocated funds... From a literal reading, it doesn't really mean anything specific.. "Processing" is a rather generic term. It definitely doesn't expressly state that *my* check is in the mail as of a particular date.

So since today is 8/26 and we have not received any refunds yet, what did we really learn by the past two communications?

Again, I'm sure you are doing all that you can in your free time when real life, day job and your family doesn't pull you in other directions. I'm sure this post match processing refunds is not on your first priority when you get out of bed each morning or when you get home from work. So, thank you for your assistance helping Kirk get this sorted... and for hopefully getting these refunds ultimately dispatched back into the hands of those who paid.... for what it's worth, your efforts are truly appreciated. I'm sure the task at hand is not an easy one.

When/if you get the opportunity - some straight talk about if *I* am specifically on the list to receive a refund, when you are sending out *my* refund and/or when *I* can expect *my* refund to be in the mail box would be great. I think you have my email address.

V/R

Rob Malin

Misty,

Just a thought....but the ole' spam folder may house a few of those e-mails. I haven't received confirmation that my refund request email was received, but also haven't received a notice that my funds were transferred to the AM match, so i'm taking that as a good sign for now since I'm already paid into the AM match.

I've met and talked with Kirk a few times in the past and he seems like a good guy, I'm wish him nothing but the best right now.

I'm paid into all the matches I'm attending for the year, so i'm not worried about money for that, just hoping things are processed before too long to free up funds for hotels and such for those matches. General frustration about a match that offered 3 Gun Nation Semi-Pro points with little to no pros present, vacation plans, hotel reservations, choosing to attend O3G over another match that is now full,...are all to be expected when cancelling this close to the match date. As far as asking for a reason, or speculating, it has to be expected and it's a public forum. It may not be anyone's business as to the why's....but people are still going to ask about WHY they are having to change their plans. I don't think it's anything personal against you or Kirk.

-Dillen Easley

Misty;

I consider myself a friend of Kirks and wish him the best of luck. I could care less why the match was cancelled but my check was dated March 5th and I would like to get my refund. I look forward to receiving it "shortly". Thanks for the update.

Here is a crazy thought. Send every person their refund and this topic can be laid to rest. I would just bet (another crazy thought) that if refund checks were mailed instead of being processed for what seams like for ever,, people would forget this ever happend. Good luck finding aplicants for next year after this run around. O, and this post also does not question nor care why the match was cancelled.

As for those of you that are demanding a reason why the match was cancelled it is none of your business.

I'm calling bullshit on this post. When people pay hundreds of dollars 6 months in advance for the match fee, book airfare (which is probably either non-refundable or has $100-150 cancellation fees), schedule time off work, make hotel reservations, and book car rentals you had sure as hell better give people a reason.

Two Emails from Misty on Tues 8/27, first said my Money Order was not yet cashed. Second said my refund check would be dispatched by the end of the week.

There was a holiday weekend this past weekend.

USPS mail has arrived today on Thurs, 9/5 and still nothing. Even if it didn't go out until Tuesday this week, I live in Missouri and expected it by now if it was mailed last week... or even Tuesday this week.

I've sent her an email requesting a status update to see what may have happened.

Cheers,

Edited by Tactica

John, you have received numerous emails the last being on Aug27th. Do you need me to forward them to a different email address, other than the one you registered with?

Misty;

I consider myself a friend of Kirks and wish him the best of luck. I could care less why the match was cancelled but my check was dated March 5th and I would like to get my refund. I look forward to receiving it "shortly". Thanks for the update.

I would like to communicate that I am an admin, the Secretary, I am not a decision maker, but I can say the decision has been made to ensure everyone is refunded. In addition I would also like to say to the individuals who have emailed me stating that you will come to my home and resolve this face-to-face. Is that a threat? Really! What kind of man threatens a woman? What kind of man states that he will come to a woman's house uninvited? Well know that this woman owns many firearms and knows how to use them and has no problem defending herself.

Well this has pretty much gone to hell in a hand basket. Misty we understand you are the admin, I'd say it's about time to give up whomever is the decision maker and come clean on what the deal is. I understand loyalty, but you're basically getting scapegoated. So unless you're sitting at home with all of our checks, what gives? I am sorry that there are idiots making threats, but at the same time I understand their frustration. Whether you are the responsible party or not, you are the face and mouthpiece of the whole deal, so folks are going to associate you with their $$.

We're a small community, people talk, and right now the rumor mill is working overtime. That and given how folks like to post their lives on facebook (have you seen my dog's new outfit), it would be very easy for people to assume the worst right now. I'm sorry you're at the front of it, but if you're not the one we should be talking to, who is?

Edited by davehorn

To the sick a$$holes that have threatened her, why don't you come to my house and I'll gladly write you a check for $250 if you make it. If you want my address please let me know, glad to provide it to you, and I guarantee you that you won't be walking away.

On the other hand, it's been well over week since I was supposed to receive my check and I have not received it yet. I couldn't care less about the $250, it would be nice to have back, but on the other hand, to a lot of people that is a lot of money.