Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Adams Arms Ozark 3-Gun Championship

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a simple solution to those who sent personal checks WHO KNOW THE CHECKS HAVE NOT BEN CASHED, go to your bank and put a stop payment on the check. $15-$20 to recover $250.

True, that's what I've done. But I think an even simpler solution would have been if those who have the checks and were collecting the money to have been a little more forthcoming with info as to why the match was cancelled and what is taking so long to issue refunds. Like others have said, a lot of the checks have not been cashed. How long does it take to drop it in an envelope, write and address and put a stamp on it? No I didn't lose any money (save the cancelled check fee), I did lose the time and ability to schedule another match. The "refund" date has come and gone and I haven't heard anything, except from someone who says they don't make decisions, only do what they're told. Sorry, but they don't get a pass on this til they make it right, which at this point I'm not brimming over with confidence is going to happen.

Thank you all for your patience, I know this has been very stressful for everyone involved. But I wanted to let everyone know that everything has been finalized and I have been given the approval to send out all refunds today. So today after I get off of work I will be busy licking envelopes and stamps.

Misty said envelopes and stamps were being licked on the night of Wed the 11th.

She told me my Money Order was not cashed yet, and it was just a matter of sending it back. I live in Missouri.

It's Mon the 16th.

Unfortunately, nothing to report in the mailbox today.

I've sent her another email...

It appears that Adams Arms is trying to help fill a gap. I've accepted some product in place of a refund. At this point, I'm considering it something when confidence for a refund was minimal.

I don't know what happened, why the match was cancelled, why refunds have taken so long, why uncashed checks and money orders haven't been returned, and the rumor mill has been spinning hard, but at least my concerns about this will be over when I receive the product in the mail. Thank you Adams Arms for stepping up to help out with this situation, and I'm glad to be done.

I contacted my bank, verified money order wasnt cashed, found that the time was running out on the money order, they are only good for 6 months from my bank, so I paid a small fee to put a stop payment on the money order. Had to fill out some paperwork on the folks who it was sent to. My money was returned to me same day By midnight.

I'm done.

BTW, still no response and no mail from Misty this week, so... who knows.

Ok, I am pissed. I have kept my mouth shut and taken it at the match admins that refunds would be issued for this match. At this point, after people posting that Adams is sending product to make up for their refund, I am wondering where the F my money went. Typically I wouldnt be so angry about something like this, because I would assume that very important things are taking place, things that my couple of hindred bucks can take a back seat to. However, I have just one word that provides just enough insite to piss me off... Facebook. If you dont use it, it might blow your mind to see what certain people have posted over the past few weeks.

Stop making promises and send us our money. $20-60k is alot of money for someone to have just sitting in an account doing nothing.

It appears that Adams Arms is trying to help fill a gap. I've accepted some product in place of a refund. At this point, I'm considering it something when confidence for a refund was minimal.

I don't know what happened, why the match was cancelled, why refunds have taken so long, why uncashed checks and money orders haven't been returned, and the rumor mill has been spinning hard, but at least my concerns about this will be over when I receive the product in the mail. Thank you Adams Arms for stepping up to help out with this situation, and I'm glad to be done.

Did you contact them about it or how did this come in to the picture?

They contacted me.

I'm sure steel targets, timers, materials for barricade walls,....were bought and there is a gap in the funds. They could have been spending the time trying to figure out how to handle that gap in refunds, in not sure. I'm glad to have something on the way right now.

They contacted me.

I'm sure steel targets, timers, materials for barricade walls,....were bought and there is a gap in the funds. They could have been spending the time trying to figure out how to handle that gap in refunds, in not sure. I'm glad to have something on the way right now.

I disagree. Seeing as how this match has been going on for several years, all of the items listed above were used in each consecutive match and im sure would be recycled for this year too. If I recall correctly, there were also almost no paper targets the last two years. Plus, from the communications I received, the match this year was questionable at best, from the very beginning. Edited by Uber

Match refunds and checks were sent out as promised. If your check was not cashed it was mailed back to you. If you were due a refund, it was processed through the match's bill payment service through the bank. Many of you are wondering what took so long, well I can explain it. Because we were in the middle match preparations when it was determined that the match could not be held, which created a deficit. So we worked with the match's title sponsor Adams Arms and Ken Flood with the US Amateur match to provide everyone options. At the time the match was cancelled I could have sent the checks back immediately, however we were still working out details, and I felt if some received their money back and some didn't for a few weeks it was cause more panic. Right or wrong that was the decision that was made.

Match refunds and checks were sent out as promised. If your check was not cashed it was mailed back to you. If you were due a refund, it was processed through the match's bill payment service through the bank. Many of you are wondering what took so long, well I can explain it. Because we were in the middle match preparations when it was determined that the match could not be held, which created a deficit. So we worked with the match's title sponsor Adams Arms and Ken Flood with the US Amateur match to provide everyone options. At the time the match was cancelled I could have sent the checks back immediately, however we were still working out details, and I felt if some received their money back and some didn't for a few weeks it was cause more panic. Right or wrong that was the decision that was made.

Essentially what I expected. Thank you to Ken Flood and Adam's Arms for helping to line things out.

Please explain what posts i have put on FB, that would have led you to believe that you would not receive a refund?

Ok, I am pissed. I have kept my mouth shut and taken it at the match admins that refunds would be issued for this match. At this point, after people posting that Adams is sending product to make up for their refund, I am wondering where the F my money went. Typically I wouldnt be so angry about something like this, because I would assume that very important things are taking place, things that my couple of hindred bucks can take a back seat to. However, I have just one word that provides just enough insite to piss me off... Facebook. If you dont use it, it might blow your mind to see what certain people have posted over the past few weeks.

Stop making promises and send us our money. $20-60k is alot of money for someone to have just sitting in an account doing nothing.

Yes, we are very grateful to both.

Essentially what I expected. Thank you to Ken Flood and Adam's Arms for helping to line things out.

If all refund checks were mailed as promised, then why did EazeNuTZ33 get his refund in product? Would it have been that hard to just tell everyone the truth 2 months ago that the(most of) money was gone? Insted you decided to string people a long for 2 months thinking that they would receive a refund check in the mail any day now.

Edited by trouble