Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Comp belts: how many do you have?

ProGunGuy

I try to keep one for every division I shoot, which meant that until very recently, I had one belt. Unfortunately they don't make velcro like they used to and after 15 years, it decided to part company, just after the beep, at a recent match, so I bought a second, a ghost, slightly larger, which must mean those old safariland rigs shrink in the rain.

Nevermind, it will come in handy for keeping my socks up, eventually

P.D.

Currently two rigs, soon to be three:

Open Div: STI

Open/Limited Div: Glock (Two top ends for same gun.)

I'm getting ready to order another belt so I can set up a rig for Single Stack/Limited 10. I already have the holster and mag pouches from when I shot L10 before.

I think it's better to have a seperate belt for each division/gun, (unless you can dual use, like my Open/Limited Glock.) Saves time and hassle on swapping holsters and mag pouches on one belt, and everything stays set-up the same every time. I don't think $55 for another belt is too much after you've already spend hundreds on a holster and mag pouches. Penny wise, pound foolish.

I have the els system and love it. I use it for ss and l10. I just shift the belt to the right which puts my mags up front and click my race holster into a spare els connector that is already on the belt and unclick my ss holster. Takes about 2 seconds and saved me over 100 bucks.

Lots. I have 2 Safariland ELS belts (2-belt system). One for 5 USPSA divisions (different fork attachments). Another for 3-Gun. I do have a single belt system for simplicity when instructing - 1.5". I have to admit though I have 6 Wilderness belts in various sizes and widths. I'm a GEAR RAT.

I sort of have three.

The old limited rig is pretty much retired since I changed platforms. I shoot mostly production now, and when I dabble in L10, I use the same rig w/o any changes. I have a "rig" for IDPA that basically devolves into a pile of miscellaneous albeit dedicated gear after each match.

Edited by kevin c

Truthfully I got the second belt for new shooters that want to play in USPSA. I'm setup for limited with 2 different guns.

Lately I've just used the inner belt of the practice belt to keep the match inner belt from wearing out.

I've offered gun, holster, mags, mag pouches and ammo and noone has taken me up on the offer.

• 1 month later...

One rig now.. I had up to three at one point. I just recently changed over to the ELS system. IMO, hands down best system ever! Love how i mounted things at certain angles and am able to use one belt for production, limited/L10/open, and three gun. a8aqu8yv.jpg

I have 3 but will probably get another so I won't have to change around #3 anymore

1. set up for Limited and Open with my 2011's

2. set up for Glocks which I use mainly steel (17L) and backup for limited if I use my G24

3. set up for SS right now but I also change it over for revolver

Neal in AZ

I only have two, one CR Speed I change around for all the USPSA divisions I shoot (SS, Prod, Revo) and 3-Gun and another web belt set up for a revolver & speed loaders for NRA Action Pistol. It was not a problem when all I was shooting was USPSA Production, 3-Gun, and NRA Action as Production & 3-Gun only requried me to slip off a pistol mag pouch and on a rifle mag pouch to change (I run a seperate Chamelion for shotgun shells). But then SS requires all new stuff as does USPSA revolver (I actually turn the belt completely around for Revo). And yes, I use a different Revolver for USPSA (stock S&W 25-2) and NRA Action Pistol (old heavily modded S&W Model 10 PPC DAO gun). I will probably pick up at least one more CR Speed belt (inner & outer) just to cut down on swapping if I have a USPSA match one weekend & 3-Gun the next and stuff. I would also like to have a spare handy as my belt is starting to get frayed a bit. I know it may be cheap when I have thousands in guns, mags, pouches etc. not to have a rig for each set up but that is just how I am.

Edited by chevyoneton

A total of 3 -

One for Single Stack.

One for Limited (Major: Para .45)

One for Production (that also serves as Limited Minor when I shoot my CZ Shadow in Limited, and is easily adapted for 3-gun).

Ditto