Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cold garages!

lugnut

Yes I had insulated garage doors put in when I built the house. I run a small space heater out in a 3 car garage and it maintains about 50 degrees pretty easily. In the summer I can just open the door to the garage from the house and let the AC bleed out there. It's probably not very efficient but it can keep it cool enough to work out there for sure.

You may be able to put in some aftermarket door insulation. It will make a big difference.

Same problem here,,,,new house. Well, we've been in it a year. Unfortunately, the garage door is lower on the priority list to fix, that darn thing is terrible.

It is in the 30's in there....

I was going to complain about the temperature of my garage but then thought about shooting my match on Saturday in shorts and a t-shirt and thought better of it. :cheers: Still... it can pretty chilly in the morning some days.

IMG_2692_zps6d29a588.jpg

Edited by Lifeislarge

Got some time... have some components.. but my garage is TOO COLD to do any reloading! Damn.

Same thing for me today. Went out in the garage to inspect a couple of magazines that puked on me in a match yesterday. After I was done i was going to reload. But after taking the mags apart, my fingers were freezing. Back in the house.

Would love to get a space heater, but my damn garage has only one outlet in it. I have a power strip, connected by a long extension cord that has my workbench lights plugged in, the casefeeder plugged in, and the radio. Afraid that if I plug a heater in to that same strip I will trip the breaker. ( i know nuthin' bout 'lectricity )

Would love to get a space heater, but my damn garage has only one outlet in it. I have a power strip, connected by a long extension cord that has my workbench lights plugged in, the casefeeder plugged in, and the radio. Afraid that if I plug a heater in to that same strip I will trip the breaker. ( i know nuthin' bout 'lectricity )

That's an easy fix .... Just unplug the lights, case feeder, and radio! :rolleyes: