Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun August 1-3, 2013

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three stages on the ground today! 1/3 of the way! :goof:

Hope to have all 9 on the ground by Sunday noon! Thanks so much to Mike G, Mike P, Scott W and Brad and Zoe R for coming down and helping set-up! :bow:

It makes ALL the difference! Almost 100 today...and the flies were all over the place. I felt like, well..a piece of doodoo!!

You DO need sling for both shotgun and rifle, though not at the same time...this year! :devil:

Thanks to all our sponsors! It's almost 100 again, so since I'm about ready to crash down here in Raton, I'm not going to list them right now, but check out the website!!! http://rm3g.com/2013%20sponsors.htm

They are all so generous! Please give them your business!

As always, gotta give a special thanks to the AMAZING JP Enterprises in their 11th year of being major match sponsor! :bow:

And a reminder that Barrett is sponsoring the "longest shot in 3-Gun!" The MRAD is going to be here!

Seriously, thanks to ALL of our sponsors! Without them....

Didn't sit on a cactus this year...yet, but picking prickers out of my ankles! JJ loves that cactus field!

Going to sleepy now....so tired! ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz!

Brad, Zoe, Mike G, Mike P and Scott are my heros!

We have 8 stages on the ground!!! Hope to finish up the last one in the morning!

Having so many good people made it go so much faster, even though it was still hot, buggy and cactusy! :surprise:

Please bring methods of hydration and bug spray. The flies are just crazy right now...okay the bug spray doesn't work that well for the flies, but I think it's keeping some things away! :sick:

Think you're going to enjoy the stages. I want to shoot them already!

Just think, in 3 weeks from today, it will all be over! :excl:

See you all soon,

Denise

Well...this is closer... :devil: TARGET count, not round!

Stage 1 - rifle/pistol - 13 rifle paper/12 rifle steel - 16 pistol paper/6 pistol steel

Stage 2 - shotgun - 40 birdshot

Stage 3 - rifle - 1 MRAD - 14 paper/15 steel

Stage 4 - 3-Gun - 2 slugs - 5 birdshot - 8 optional birdshot/pistol - 9 pistol paper - 3 optional pistol/rifle paper - 1 rifle paper - 9 rifle steel

Stage 5 - 3-Gun - 3 slugs - 9 birdshot - 6 rifle paper - 12 rifle steel - 4 pistol paper - 6 pistol gongs

Stage 6 - slug/rifle - 10 of each mandatory - 10 optional

Stage 7 - 3 pick-up gun - 4 pistol steel - 14 pistol paper - 11 birdshot

Stage 8 - 3-Gun - 10 rifle steel - 9 rifle paper - 12 birdshot - 12 pistol steel

Stage 9 - Pistol - 11 steel - 25 paper

Don't forget you need to be able to sling BOTH rifle and shotgun...not at the same time...yet! :goof:

See you all soon!

So, I am trying to send out an e-mail to all the shooters and my contact list goes wonky and you all dissappear!

Trying to get it fixed, but please tell your friends about shotgun sling etc. until I figure it out or recreate it!

I've been saying BAAAAAD words at LOUD volume and beating up the wall! It's not really helping, but it's getting my blood pressure up nicely!!!!

:sick:

I'll try again in the morning!

Denise

This will be my first time at RM3G and I'm getting excited! In preparation can I ask what the longest rifle, slug and pistol targets will be at? Are the new 40 round PMags allowed in Tac Optics?

Thank you

For RM3G, always plan on 500-600yd rifle steel. 100yd slugs and 50yd pistol. Only a few of each, but a few of those extended, hard shots are always there. Also, try to hit your local shotgun club for some skeet or sporting clays. JJ is known for long range, and also for lots of thrown birds.

Sounds like a 60 round pistol mag would be useful here.

That would be perfect in Open. No magazine size limits in Open at all. Do you have a betamag for your 9mm??? Bring it!

:surprise:

Denise, does that mean I can bring my G18 32 round mags for open?

Sounds like a 60 round pistol mag would be useful here.

That would be perfect in Open. No magazine size limits in Open at all. Do you have a betamag for your 9mm??? Bring it!

:surprise:

Denise, does that mean I can bring my G18 32 round mags for open?

Open is Open!!! Check out the rules. There is no limitation to accessories in Open class! http://rm3g.com/Rules%20Aug2012.pdf

Keep in mind - no full auto or lasers/plasma guns allowed at this time! :surprise:

Ok, I was joking about the pistol mag. Serious question though, what's the size on those long rifle targets? 4moa at least?

Well, that's dissappointing! I wanted to see some gigantic pistol mags! :roflol:

The 600 yard is a full size IPSC, so close to 4 moa. The 300-400 yd are 12" in diameter, so at 300 yds 4moa, and 400, 3moa and in between, in between!! :devil:

JJ reminded me that our long distance targets have backers that are 18" across, so you have a visibility of more than 4 moa for you iron sighted shooters! Well, all you shooters! They're the same size for everybody!

Edited by Benelli Chick

and if it's not too much to ask for . . . a little road grading to eliminate the oil pan eating and tire shredding Obstacles , . . . . ?

Please!!!! . . . . Just a little. . . . It's a new set of tires because of last year!!!

and if it's not too much to ask for . . . a little road grading to eliminate the oil pan eating and tire shredding Obstacles , . . . . ?

Please!!!! . . . . Just a little. . . . It's a new set of tires because of last year!!!

Ummmm! Yeah, I don't think so! Bring something with a little clearance!

The roads are still...bumpy and it's not up to us! Sorry! :blush: