Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun August 1-3, 2013

AMAZING!

That basically sums up my first RM3G experience. The Whittington Center venue, comradery, RO staff, sponsors, and of course all the hard work from Denise and JJ to make this happen are truly AMAZING!

This is a very special event and you can bet I will be back next year.

Thanks again to everyone involved who worked so hard to make this a reality.

Cheers!

** Bill **

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes yes Great match, Thank you so much To, JJ, Denise

And all of the RO’s Without OR’s and match staff you have NOTHING!

I’m old and slow, and place at this match lower every year,

But I still Love this match.

RM3G is my Favorite match! With the History of the match, the NRA Whittington center and the challenge, of the stages,
The whole experience and Quality father and Son’s! Time.
Great memories that will last lifetimes,

I won’t be able to do the world shoot thing next year
Unless I have a lotto win, and a Job that gives more Vacation time, I’ll have to wait out the World, and plan on the 2015 RM3G

Great match! And I agree Whittington is THE place for a 3 gun match. More physical than in the past. Of course, it is RM3G so there was a lot of real rifle shooting - which I like. And as always an uber-generous prize table.

But we need to talk about unsighted shooting around fake trees!

Thanks go out to Denise and JJ, all the ROs, anyone else who had even the smallest part in helping with this match. It is one heck of a good time, will be rested up in about a week, maybe. Hope to see all again next year.

Thanks

Jim M.

Very challenging but fun match as always. Thanks to JJ and Denise as well as everyone else that made it possible.

Photos of Squad 5 and 14 can be seen at the following link - http://rohirrim.smugmug.com/Shooting/2013-Rocky-Mountain-3-Gun My wife took over 1600 photos of these squads! There are photos of the RO's on those stages as well.

Great pics, thanks again for taking them.

The Saturday before the match my buddy Mike Payne called me, "Dude I crashed on my mountain bike today and messed up my shoulder, I can't even hold my rifle up". Mike had been training hard since last year and was really working hard to win He Man Irons. It seemed he may not even be able to shoot.

Fast forward to the last day of the match, my squad was finishing up on Stage 8 which Mike was the CRO on, he chose to shoot the stage last after my squad. The race between JJ and Mike was close and Mike new he had to run about a 114 to beat JJ for the match. Mike shot the stage and after he finished I heard lots of hooting and hollering from Mike, he had shot a 110 and won the match. Congratulations man you worked really hard for it.

547435_646794491998436_1997391098_n.jpg

Thanks to JJ, Denise, JP and all the staff for putting on a fabulous match.

Great match! (as always.) what a way to spend a week-end. (Next year a whole week!) Fantastic stages and ROs. Go Marines! If you haven't made this before, you need to sign up for this one.

:cheers:

Trying to get up some of the AMAZING pictures our own Dan Miller took of the match this year!

Just a slide show, not video, but a lot of great shots!

check out:

Or go to youtube and search rm3g 2013 stage 9.

We're just getting started...we've got a few more! :surprise:

Edited by Benelli Chick

Some friends that came through stage 5.

[/url]">http://IMG_1708_zps1653100b.jpg

[/url]">http://IMG_1707_zps67fe775a.jpg

The guys that I worked with. American heros every one.

[/url]">http://IMG_1704_zpscbd87174.jpg

The stages were great. Very challenging, but do-able, and no better place to spend a vacation shooting and hanging out with special friends that I only see once or twice a year.

Thanks to J.P. and all the sponsors, and a special thanks to all the shooters that came out to play.

Just got this Thank-you from the Disabled American Veterans!

Remember, that's who we collected for this year in the jars! This thank-you is for ALL of you! :bow: The generosity of 3-Gunners continues to amaze and impress me!

"Dear Friends of the DAV:

Thank-you so much for your contribution, in honor of Quantico Combat Shooting Team, to DAV. Your compassionate support means so much in our efforts to render the highest possible caliber of service to our nation's disabled veterans and their families.

Once again, on behalf of all of us at the DAV, tahnk you so much for this gift to the disabled veterans who depend on the services provided by the DAV. Such kind concern for these veterans and their families certainly helps.

Sincerely,

J. Marc Burgess

National Adjutant"

:bow:

Thanks again to all of you...including the Quantico Combat Shooting Team for their hard work and time and effort!

Denise - Proud to know you all!

Looking at my 2014 shooting calendar how many new shooters are able to get into this match in a typical year.

Schultz

Last year, we probably had a total of 60 new shooters. Some of those were sponsored. I had at least 40 new shooters that sent in apps and were let in with the new shooters.

For this year, we have more slots. They're more expensive. I think it will be a little more open...but, who knows??? I'm always amazed every year when we fill up so fast.

We have a LOT of loyal shooters, which is nice!

Denise

So, we have pictures all over the place, but we're trying to condense the 3000 some pictures on one place...but it's a slow process.

go to: http://rm3gun.smugmug.com/

and see how you like it! Is it easy to get on? Can you print pictures from it? Does it look okay???

Trying to make the pictures taken by the amazing Dan Miller :bow: more easily accessible to all!

Let me know!

:wub: Denise

So, we have pictures all over the place, but we're trying to condense the 3000 some pictures on one place...but it's a slow process.

and see how you like it! Is it easy to get on? Can you print pictures from it? Does it look okay???

Trying to make the pictures taken by the amazing Dan Miller :bow: more easily accessible to all!

Let me know!

Nicely done Denise! Nice look to your SmugMug site. As far as I can tell everything is working ok on the Awards Gallery, though I don't see the download option on the other 3 galleries. You might need to check the Gallery settings on those galleries and make them the same as the Awards Gallery.

Steve

Steve

Let me know!

Nicely done Denise! Nice look to your SmugMug site. As far as I can tell everything is working ok on the Awards Gallery, though I don't see the download option on the other 3 galleries. You might need to check the Gallery settings on those galleries and make them the same as the Awards Gallery.

Steve

Steve

Oohh!!! I will look into that! Hmmm!

Thanks!

Let me know!

Steve

Steve

I think it's fixed now!

Thanks so much!

You've got it! Looks good on my end.

Just an FYI to anyone who wants to print/download their own photos. Just click the download link, and you will get the full size photo downloaded to your computer to do with as you please. SmugMug also does a very nice job with printing if you choose that path.