Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun August 1-3, 2013

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Doing my best, but with the political climate, lot's of sponsors don't know who their shooter's are going to be, so I have to save slots for my 70 plus sponsors!

Just got a couple more filled in today!

I will let you know as soon as I can!

It will probably be after Superstition before I can pin some people down!

Denise

Doing my best, but with the political climate, lot's of sponsors don't know who their shooter's are going to be, so I have to save slots for my 70 plus sponsors!

Denise

Thanks for the update denise!

Yes, there is a bill in NM. JJ and Denise have been made aware of it. However, let's not polute a match thread with political crap.

Indeed, however it might be worth thinking about for people planning their travel. The CO ban is likely to pass it seems, which also means (AFAIK) that you now can't fly into CO, or even drive through CO, with your mags since FOPA only covers firearms...

Edited by gose

Indeed, however it might be worth thinking about for people planning their travel. The CO ban is likely to pass it seems, which also means (AFAIK) that you now can't fly into CO, or even drive through CO, with your mags since FOPA only covers firearms...

Right now, we are in a huge fight. JJ, Denise, Zak, myself, Michael Bane and several others are meeting, testifying etc. As shooters and MDs, we will certainly let people know what happens and when in relation to CO and NM and it will be well before RM3G occurs. I have been working 12 to 16 hours a day, 6 days a week trying to meet all my obligations plus all the political stuff. If you feel like helping, send one of us a PM and we will get you contact info and some talking points.

Silly question. AMMO I’m counting,, and as we all know ammo is hard to come by,,, I’m shooting Heavy, Rifle ammo count, estimation,, yes it maybe early to be asking,,, but it will probably take me, until August to get that, amount of 308 I’ll need for the match,

There will be no change in number of rounds required to shoot RM3G from past years. Figure a target count of 100-150, 25 slugs as always. We will keep you apprised of a more accurate number as things get closer.

JJ

Thanks,,,, :bow:

There will be no change in number of rounds required to shoot RM3G from past years. Figure a target count of 100-150, 25 slugs as always. We will keep you apprised of a more accurate number as things get closer.

JJ

Excellent news JJ - please don't change a thing! Fingers crossed I'll be home in time to make it.

JJ

Excellent news JJ - please don't change a thing! Fingers crossed I'll be home in time to make it.

As Charlton Heston said; "From my cold dead hands!"

Well, kinda applies anyway...

And I can GUARANTEE there will be no classifiers.... :)

Hope to see ya Doug!

jj

ETA! 100-150 targets PER FIREARM!

Edited by RiggerJJ

• 1 month later...

Sent this e-mail out to shooters:

HB 1224, which is a magazine limitation has passed in Colorado.

Rocky Mountain 3-Gun is in Raton, NM. But, many of you travel through Colorado to get to the match.

So, I've asked a bunch of lawyers and any of them attached to the government can't or won't say, and the others have no idea because HB 1224 is so vague. Here's a link to the law: http://www.leg.state...ile=1224_01.pdf

Basically, they have eliminated buying, selling or receiving mags that hold more than 15 rounds after July 1, 2013 - when the law is supposed to go into effect.

(2) (a) A PERSON MAY POSSESS A LARGE-

CAPACITY MAGAZINE IF HE OR SHE:

(I) OWNS THE LARGE-CAPACITY MAGAZINE ON THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THIS SECTION; AND

(II) MAINTAINS CONTINUOUS POSSESSION OF THE LARGE-CAPACITY MAGAZINE

( IF A PERSON WHO IS ALLEGED TO HAVE VIOLATED SUBSECTION(1) OF THIS SECTION ASSERTS THAT HE OR SHE IS PERMITTED TO LEGALLY POSSESS A LARGE-CAPACITY MAGAZINE PURSUANT TO PARAGRAPH (a) OF THIS SUBSECTION (2), THE PROSECUTION HAS THE BURDEN OF PROOF TO REFUTE THE ASSERTION.

Most of the Colorado Sheriffs have said that they won't enforce it, but who knows!

That's all I've got.

Just wanted to keep everyone informed the best I can!

If you were to choose to fly into Albuquerque instead of Colorado, or drive around Colorado, I would ask that you write or call those companies you are NO LONGER going to spend money with and let them know why you're not coming to Colorado!

I know, I have not clarified the situation at all. That's all I have! :sick:

Still looking forward to a fun match! You will need a rifle sling, maybe a shotgun sling! :goof:

Denise

Edited by Benelli Chick

Denise

Thanks for the update denise!

Still patiently waiting....kinda of....kind of being patient i mean. of course im waiting

Hahahahaha. It did there for a second. All except the tear down part I am good with. I am seeing 3 flash targets at 600 yards shot from two positions 10 feet apart. :)

you left out the good part. position one is standing off hand and position two is kneeling. :roflol: