Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun August 1-3, 2013

Score keeper is shooting and working today!

I posted just times by shooter on the johnson 3-Gun website: http://home.earthlink.net/~johnson3gun/id21.html

We'll have some better looking results tomorrow!

It was a beautiful day! We had a few little glitches, but the staff and sponsors and paid shooters did a great job! 5 stages is a LOT in one day!!!!

Hope everyone had fun! We'll finish up the early shoot tomorrow and I hope to open registration just a little bit early tomorrow! Officially, it's from 1200-1700 at the Coors Cabin. If you don't know where Coors is, please ask at the gate as you come in!

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Denise

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RO tips of the day...

Bring bug spray, bring a rain poncho or water proof jacket. The rain has been brief each day, but the rain drops are huge! Every time your moving you should be breathing. Lots of semi precision shooting at the end of a long, high altitude, no oxygen run.

Yeah the MRAD is wicked cool! Extremely nice rifle. The shotgun stage is typical JJ... Freakin epic!

It's strange, I fired the shot, came off the scope and thought I missed, then the flashers went off. Very fun to hit a target at 1525 (I was told) with a single shot!

Thanks to everyone! I think we had a good day yesterday! The rain went mostly around us! :closedeyes:

RM3G RO's have to work sooo hard! It can be pretty brutal!!

Thanks to all of them for all their hard work! We got it done! :bow:

Thanks to the shooters who were good about reset and saying thank-you!

Knock on Wood - hope we have another good day!!!

Lot's of sponsors in the Coors center set up to sell stuff! So those of you down here, come on in and see them!

Thanks to all our sponsors! I think you'll all be pleased!

Denise

The results through today are posted at: http://home.earthlink.net/~johnson3gun/id21.html

Congratulations to all the winners of tonight's Trijicon Shooter's BBQ/Junior Benefit!

Including, but not limited to: Sam Kurtz winning the new surprise carbine from JP Enterprises, Bruce Piatt winning the akdahl(oh good grief, I don't know how to spell it) from Firebird Precision, and Kalani Laker for the new - not even on the market Trijicon Scope!!!

It was great seeing all of you there!

Denise

Thanks to everyone! What an amazingly generous group of sponsors and shooters!

Thanks to ALL our sponsors!!! They really made the match!

Thanks to the shooters who raised more than $3600 for the Whittington Center's Adventure Camp and the MGM Junior Camp at the Trijicon Shooter's BBQ/Junior Benefit! Wow!!! :bow:

Congratulations to: :cheers:

Tate Moots He-Man Scope

Mike Payne He-Man Iron

Burton Thompson Limited Scope

Jerry Miculek Open

James Casanova Limited Iron

John Paul is giving each of our division winners $500!!!! Wow!! :surprise::bow: That's in addition to the 6 JP guns and other great stuff he put on the table!!!

In the DPMS Junior Shoot-Off Orin Atha went up against Evan Jameson and JD Wilcox went against Connor Dowd

Then Orin and Connor battled for 3rd and Evan and JD battled for 1st!

In the end, JD got 1st place with Evan 2nd, Connor 3rd and Orin 4th. They split the $3750 donated by DPMS with JD receiving $1500!

Will post pictures when I can get them!

I've posted some results at: http://home.earthlink.net/~johnson3gun/id21.html

They're not in the right format! It's been a long day, I'll try to fix them!!!

Thanks to an amazing staff who worked soooo hard! You have no idea how much work it is to run these stages and they did it well!

Thanks to the Quantico Combat Shooting Team!!! The marines came out and ran stages, climbed mountains to put up flashers, set throwers, shlepped stuff, just worked incredibly hard! We were so glad to have James Gill and Will Hiett back as Area Captains! What an amazing group of young men!!! I feel good knowing they're out there protecting us! We could NOT have done it without them!

I can't thank everyone enough!!! The shooters did a great job resetting and just being awesome 3-Gunners!

As John said, we need to keep excercising our rights!!!

Shoot 3-Gun for Freedom!!!! :goof:

Thanks to everyone!!!

Now stay tuned for more info on the World Shoot!!! Aargh!!! I need to sleep soon :yawn: zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Denizzzzzzzzzz

Edited by Benelli Chick

Just made it home, too wired to sleep!

Thanks to JP and all match sponsors, match staff, ROs, and Marines Combat Shooting Team for a great match! We wouldn't have this awesome 3-G match without you guys/gals!

Cheers! :cheers:

This was Katie and my first Rocky Mountain. I seriously think this may be my new favorite match. The stages were not overly difficult but very physical. The food was awesome and the RO's were by far the best I have seen at a major match. Not one of them had an attitude even after running very long courses. I asked the first few what they did to make JJ mad and then realized all the stages were long!!! The prize table was also the best I have seen since the old Fort Benning matches. I cant wait until next year. Hope we can get in!!

Once again... Outstanding match! The stages were all really challenging, fun and physically demanding. Thankyou again to JJ, Denise and JP enterprises for all your hard work and making it all possible. Thankyou to all of the other sponsors there. John Paul wasn't the only generous contributor and considering the economy and political climate, all of the sponsors were very generous, each to their own means. There were so many prizes, there were leftovers for the kids to scoop up. It was fun watching the kids trade various prizes back at the cabin. Thankyou also to the Wongs who travel to this match and feed the staff during the match. I don't know if they understand just how much we appriciate coming in to an outstanding meal after 12-13 hours of RO'ing a stage. Finally, thankyou to the Whittington Center for providing one of the very best locations for a 3gun event in existence. For those who have never been to Whittington, it's sort of Disneyland for shooting enthusiast. Cheers, see you all next year. I'm off to take a nap.

The best venue for a match is definitely the Whittington Center, bar none. The food at the on-site restaurant was excellent, and you can bring in your own booze if you want, plus no tax! That was a great addition this year. Deer and antelope and bear wandering the stages is just awesome. No rattlesnakes this year, I think the skeeters ate them. No TV, no news and the only signs are the sponsor banners...perfect vacation!

The stages were a tad longer than last year and they were much faster and more physical than in the past. That made for some tired ROs and competitors. I had more than one person tell me they were more tired than Iron-Man and one who wanted one less stage next year. When I told him next year was 15 stages, I almost started looking for the AED.

Shooting with Jerry and James (Open and Limited Irons winners) is a treat in and of itself, but shooting with Kay and Lena is also special. The skill, graciousness and humility with which they approach this game is exemplary. The people are great, the sponsors were generous and JP (the man and the company) are just all-around top-drawer!

Thanks to JJ and Denise for herding the cats and making it all happen!

Thanks to the Johnsons, staff, and sponsors for a fantastic match. First-time attendee and loved it. Fun squad (16) also. A great experience. I want to go run it again now! :)

Edited by AustinWolv

What an awesome match. 1st time out but not my last. Squad 9 was a great group of accomplished shooters. You can only get better shooting with those guys. Thanks to everyone who put in so much hard work. Every RO was polite, professional, and on the ball. Thank you!

Many thanks to Denise, JJ, and everyone that worked to put the match on. Great stages, with some different twists (stage 6 ) :goof:

Congratulations to all the division winners. Particularly my friends James Cassanova and Mike Payne for their wins in Tac Irons, and He Man Irons.

My first time as well. And hopefully will not be my last. Thank you to Denise and JJ fro a fantastic match. The RO's all did an outstanding job. And the Whittington center is definitely a shooters Heaven. And also a big thank you to JP Enterprises and John Paul for their generous support as well as all the sponsors that gave to the match. It was amazing to see a prize table like that.

Looking forward to the getting a shot at the World Shoot.

I totally forgot to thank Barrett for the MRAD and the ammo for the "Longest shot in 3-Gun!"

I just e-mailed Jeff Burch and his wife Gretchen from Barrett who were working out at stage 3 with the MRAD and the Rio guys and Combat Shooting Team member Nicholas Carson, to ask them to RO for us next year! (I am a tough match director - they worked their...butts off and did an amazing job!)

Thanks Barrett!

I totally forgot to thank Barrett for the MRAD and the ammo for the "Longest shot in 3-Gun!"

I just e-mailed Jeff Burch and his wife Gretchen from Barrett who were working out at stage 3 with the MRAD and the Rio guys and Combat Shooting Team member Nicholas Carson, to ask them to RO for us next year! (I am a tough match director - they worked their...butts off and did an amazing job!)

Thanks Barrett

The best feeling I had at RM3G was seeing those strobes light up! I enjoyed getting to lay down for a second too!

If I have forgotten anyone else, please don't feel slighted! I am just brain dead right now!

Thanks again to all the Sponsors, RO's, stats, cooks, the shooters, the Whittington Center, JP for his undying support, and...JJ!!! Without him, I wouldn't be doing all this work! :roflol:

Don't forget to send your postcards in to thank the sponsors! 3-Gun sponsors are the best! Support them as they support you!

Shooters - thanks for the kind words!!! Hope you had a good time!

:wub: Denise

P.S. Sent the report to 3-Gun Nation. Chad said results should be up soon!!!

Big thanks to everybody who made this happen! While last minute health issues made my scores a joke, I still had fun. The RO's were great, especially the pistol stage guys and the marines on the rifle stage (Loved that sniper talk!).

Squad #14 was a pretty good group, and a big thanks to its hardest worker who wasn't even a shooter, Michele.

I wont be able to do the world shoot thing next year (too much time and $$), but maybe in 2015 the regular RM3G will be back.

Ok...time for practice...only 724 days left. :goof:

Edited by Truegent2004

Photos of Squad 5 and 14 can be seen at the following link - http://rohirrim.smugmug.com/Shooting/2013-Rocky-Mountain-3-Gun My wife took over 1600 photos of these squads! There are photos of the RO's on those stages as well.

This was a fantastic match! Thank you to Denise and JJ for putting it on. To the RO's and the rest of the staff as well as everyone else involved with the match. I hope that I will get in next year!

Steve T - Squad 14

Edited by SteveT-NV