Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun August 1-3, 2013

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm...I'm afraid I sent out notices to all the people who I can get off the waitlist right now!

I'm already a little over full, but I need to wait to see how some sponsor slots shake out!

I wish I could let everyone in! Chocolate and Starbucks or not! :D But, it will be a while until I can get anybody else in!

I promise to do my best! We love having new shooters and love having return shooters!

3-gunners are the best!

In the meantime, (small advertising break) we still have a few slots available in He-Man Nationals: http://home.earthlink.net/~johnson3gun/

7 Rocky Mountain type stages - lot's of fun! June 29-30!

Sorry the news is not better and I can't just let everyone come!

:wub: Denise

P.S. Check out http://www.rm3g.com for all our generous sponsers!! We have almost 70 sponsors already!!! What amazingly generous people!

Looks like I got lucky and got in. This will be my first trip to Raton. I'm really stoked.

Sorry if this should not be in this thread, but I had thought I would camp at the range if I got in. Is there any tips / recommendations for camping during this match, or does everyone use hotels in Raton?

Looks like I got lucky and got in. This will be my first trip to Raton. I'm really stoked.

Sorry if this should not be in this thread, but I had thought I would camp at the range if I got in. Is there any tips / recommendations for camping during this match, or does everyone use hotels in Raton?

The Whittington Center has 2 campgrounds with hookups for RVs and some "primitive" camping as well. Check the center's website for info.

I have friends that have RVs and stay onsite yearly. If you're flying in, Raton is the best option.

Thanks D. will keep my eyes open but will have to try and pick up one more shoot just in case... If I get in then great cause that just gives me one score I can drop if needed...Are you going to be at the Texas Multi this year?

Me, no. Two trips to Raton, and FNH are the matches I'll shoot.

I have stayed four seperate times at the camp ground in a camper. I was very happy with it. the sunrise and sunsets are fantastic. If you get up around 1 am the stars are even better.

one other way is to get a "Bunk Room" in the competator houseing at about $40 a night

• 2 weeks later...

Think mine should have arrived on Tuesday or Wednesday. Thornbush and I were planning on shooting together to get our 3 matches in for 3GN. Is there any way to know where we are at on the waiting list? I'll need to find some place else to go to fulfill the 3 matches if there'ds no chance at getting in. It's a shame because it's by far the closest match to us.

E-mail me at rm3gun@yahoo.com and I'll try to let you know where you are. If I received it, I should've sent you our "we got it" letter to the e-mail address listed on the application, so you know we received it

Right now, I'm kind of stalled waiting for all all my sponsors to settle down with all the slots saved for them! They're just getting organized as they return from SHOT and worry about the political craziness going on right now...so it may be a while!

I was able to send all those people who had their apps postmarked first day an offer of slots for the match, but I'm now on hold. (Edited to add: That's newbies, all my two years or more returning shooters got in if they came before Jan 18...now, they get to go on the waitlist as well!)

If you just sent it in in the last week or so, I'm afraid you're not close to the top of the list.

I will do the best to get as many people in as I can!

Denise

Edited by Benelli Chick

Now now Shawn, go easy on the new guy...

Bill,

You will need to carry your empty rifle with a sling on several stages while engaging targets with another firearm, then transitioning to the rifle later in the stage.

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

Bill I can show some of the equipment needed for this match next time I see you at skyline.

As for Mike he works hard this match so he is allowed to take naps just not recommend during a stage.

The competitors at RM3G make it easy to RO, it's JJ's sadistic, rough terrain stages which wear me out. Back side of day 2 2012 and we were all sleeping while standing. Had to dig deep to get those last couple of squads through. Cody Leeper helped work our stage. We started calling him Terminator, cuz he was a machine that just kept going. Kid had a never ending reservoir of energy. By the time it was over, all I wanted to do was curl up under a cactus and slip into a nice comma. Cody wanted to shoot another match. Even Pete Rensing (who is very fit) was draggin by day 3, but not the Terminator. Kid comes with his own theme music.

Edited by co-exprs

Thanks JJ I appreciate the straight reply, and yes I am relatively new at 3-gun.

Look forward to hooking up with you next time at Skyline John, we can have Walter set up a stage using slings at the next match.

Cheers!

** Bill **

Edited by Bill Lhotta