Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun August 1-3, 2013

and if it's not too much to ask for . . . a little road grading to eliminate the oil pan eating and tire shredding Obstacles , . . . . ?

Please!!!! . . . . Just a little. . . . It's a new set of tires because of last year!!!

I have a real truck = you can hop in the back of my rig if the roads gets to "Real" for you.

Edited by AlamoShooter

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was more the shredded tire on Sat night that was harshing my mellow.

if 15" of clearance on the family truckster isn't enough (and it has been for 4 years now)

i think it was the last day and parking too close to a hidden 2" half buried cable up some canyon that did it.

As usual with RM3G, these stages will be big with lots of ground to cover and will reward those in good physical condition. I only worked on a few stages, so I don't have many secrets to give away, but as with most of the Johnson matches everyone will be benefited, by hitting the range this weekend. Things to work on:

1. Knowing where your slugs hit at 50 and 100yds will help you in the standings.

2. Hit the skeet range and bust a few birds. Trust me... you'll be glad you did.

3. Take a few minutes to double check your pistol zero and make sure you can hit a 12" or so sized target at 50yds.

4. Bring good shoes you can walk and/or run in, on uneven terrain. Throw in some new gel liners to help keep the dogs from barkin at the end of the day.

5. Eat a hearty breakfast and bring snacks to keep your energy levels up all day. Just resetting and taping targets all day will be a drain on your strength.

6. I'll say it again. Start hydrating now and bring lots of water during the match. Even if it's not hot, you can still dehydrate easily. Once dehydrated, it can take a day or two to recover.

7. Bring sunscreen and bugspray. The air is thin at Whittington and you can burn quick. I've never seen a bug problem there until this year.

8. Take a few minutes to rezero your rifle. The sight in range at Whittington goes out to 550yds. Take advantage of it.

Hey,,, the Zero range,, they used to have steel up,, from 300 On out,,,

last year they moved the Steel tgt,,, has anyone been to the Zero range this year??

do they have some steel up at 300?????????????

last year they moved the Steel tgt,,, has anyone been to the Zero range this year??

They did when we shot the He Man.

They did when we shot the He Man.

Thanks for the info,,,,, That would be cool,,,, We run a 300 yd zero, and it is very nice to be able to verify,, by just hitting the steel, at 300,,

Load, 600 rifle,and 300 pistol, buy 250 bird shot, pack, clean out the family truckster, new tires & oil change.

of course there is a two day rifle match we sponsor the weekend befor we leave, it's only a 6 hour drive each way.

I'm good, if i could get some one else to take over about 4 of the above mentioned tasks.

I drove the family minivan on most of the stage access roads, during the work party this weekend. It did just fine and I still have an oil pan.

I was thinking of driving our Toyota Highlander to save on gas. Is this a mistake? Should I drive our Pickup instead?

I drove the family minivan on most of the stage access roads, during the work party this weekend. It did just fine and I still have an oil pan.

I was thinking of driving our Toyota Highlander to save on gas. Is this a mistake? Should I drive our Pickup instead?

That should be fine! Clearance is helpful. You just have to drive slow if it's really rocky and such!!!

Denise

Load, 600 rifle,and 300 pistol, buy 250 bird shot, pack, clean out the family truckster, new tires & oil change.

of course there is a two day rifle match we sponsor the weekend befor we leave, it's only a 6 hour drive each way.

I'm good, if i could get some one else to take over about 4 of the above mentioned tasks.

600 rifle????? Oh Crap!! I'm screwed..only 350 rifle getting shipped. Are you sure you aren't loading for next years match of 15 stages?????? :huh:

Ok, ok, ok.... ok

Do I need to bring targets for the sight-in range at Whittington. Or do they have immediate gratification steel out there to listen to.

Gotta re-zero rifle and shotgun. What should I bring?