Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun August 1-3, 2013

Hahahahaha. It did there for a second. All except the tear down part I am good with. I am seeing 3 flash targets at 600 yards shot from two positions 10 feet apart. :)

you left out the good part. position one is standing off hand and position two is kneeling. :roflol:

And? They're 10" for pete sake. What more do you want. Actually since it is JJ, he will also paint the steel the same color as what's behind it for all us iron shooters. :)

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck, at Rocky Mountain we shoot even pistols well beyond pistol range. The whittington center is all about stretching your legs. Pistols out to 50yds, slugs out to 100yrds and rifles out to 600. At least half the rifle targets will be beyond 100yds. You need to be competent with birds too. JJ is not only known for long range rifle, but also his 40+ target shotgun stages with more than 50% moving targets and half of those will be airbourn. You gotta bring your A game just to walk the stages.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there a round count available yet? .308 components are still scarce.

About the same as last year... :)

I am in Raton setting up HeMan Nationals, so I don't have em here, but we have all 9 stages for RM3G on paper, so we can give everyone a better idea later this weekend.

Keep scrounging! Its out there!

jj

Here's the ROUGH TARGET count!!!! TARGET not rounds!!!!

Subject to change...and they will!!! :surprise: But this is close!

Stage 1 – Rifle/pistol gully run - 15 rifle, 17 pistol

Stage 2 - Holy Crap 3 - 36 birdshot :devil:

Stage 3 - long rifle - 22 rifle plus longest shot at 1400 yards with Barrett

Stage 4 – 12 rifle, 12 pistol, 8 birdshot, 4 slugs

Stage 5 – run and gun 3-Gun - 8 birdshot, 4 slugs, 12 pistol, 12 rifle

Stage 6 – Choicy stage - 30 targets for rifle/slugs at least 10 of each

Stage 7 – Shotgun/pistol run and gun - 3 pick-up targets, 14 pistol, 4 choice, 8 birdshot

Stage 8 – LONG pistol gully – 30 plus pistol

Stage 9 – 3-Gun – 15 rifle, 12 birdshot, 12 pistol

I forgot to toal: I think that's:

86-96 rifle TARGETS from 5-600 yards

97-101 pistol TARGETS from 1-60+ yards

72-76 birdshot TARGETS

18-28 slug TARGETS

I THINK I added correctly, but I just got back from a trip with my mom to Ohio for a wedding, so I'm a little dazed! :roflol:

And now back to finishing up the He-Man stages!

See you all soon!

Denise

Edited by Benelli Chick

Here's the ROUGH TARGET count!!!! TARGET not rounds!!!!

Subject to change...and they will!!! :surprise: But this is close!

Stage 1 – Rifle/pistol gully run - 15 rifle, 17 pistol

Stage 2 - Holy Crap 3 - 36 birdshot :devil:

Stage 3 - long rifle - 22 rifle plus longest shot at 1400 yards with Barrett

Stage 4 – 12 rifle, 12 pistol, 8 birdshot, 4 slugs

Stage 5 – run and gun 3-Gun - 8 birdshot, 4 slugs, 12 pistol, 12 rifle

Stage 6 – Choicy stage - 30 targets for rifle/slugs at least 10 of each

Stage 7 – Shotgun/pistol run and gun - 3 pick-up targets, 14 pistol, 4 choice, 8 birdshot

Stage 8 – LONG pistol gully – 30 plus pistol

Stage 9 – 3-Gun – 15 rifle, 12 birdshot, 12 pistol

I forgot to toal: I think that's:

86-96 rifle TARGETS from 5-600 yards

97-101 pistol TARGETS from 1-60+ yards

72-76 birdshot TARGETS

18-28 slug TARGETS

I THINK I added correctly, but I just got back from a trip with my mom to Ohio for a wedding, so I'm a little dazed! :roflol:

And now back to finishing up the He-Man stages!

See you all soon!

Denise

Oh Ya,, I'm loading Ammo now,, for Me and the Son's,,,, I cast,, so Pistol bullets, and Shotgun Slugs,, are no problem,, just making time to cast and load, , finding rifle bullets, is,, more of a challenge,,, as for Powder and Primers, as we all know the best kind is the kind you can find!,, I still have lots to do,, but I'm on the down slide.. of loading for the match.

I'm looking for a room available in the log cabins for the He-Man shoot. I will be driving in on that Friday. Wondering if theres a group of guys that needs an extra to get a log cabin or if y'all have a bed available. Please let me know. I'm also looking for a room for the RM#G shoot as well. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

We're on our way to the Shotgun match in Sparta...and...well, it seems that you need a sling for your shotgun as well as your rifle at Rocky Mountain 3-Gun 2013!! :ph34r:

Look what happens when we have all this time to think!!! We're driving in the daytime instead of overnight...what the..?????

Anyway, I will probably have a revised round count after next weekend. We are trying to get a work party together to help us set up the stages July 12,13,14. If you're crazy enough to help, e-mail me at rm3gun@yahoo.com. First to e-mail get the good beds! :goof:

Denise

We're on our way to the Shotgun match in Sparta...and...well, it seems that you need a sling for your shotgun as well as your rifle at Rocky Mountain 3-Gun 2013!! :ph34r:

Look what happens when we have all this time to think!!! We're driving in the daytime instead of overnight...what the..?????

Anyway, I will probably have a revised round count after next weekend. We are trying to get a work party together to help us set up the stages July 12,13,14. If you're crazy enough to help, e-mail me at rm3gun@yahoo.com. First to e-mail get the good beds! :goof:

Denise

So do we need to be able to sling both the rifle and the shotgun on the same stage? I currently swap one sling between the two.

Thanks Denise.

Denise

So do we need to be able to sling both the rifle and the shotgun on the same stage? I currently swap one sling between the two.

Thanks Denise.

JJ says "yes" and bring a sling for your pistol, too!! For the same stage!!! :devil:

However, the truth is, for this year, you only have to sling one of them at a time, so no worries on swapping it back and forth!!!!

All good!

Denise

JJ says "yes" and bring a sling for your pistol, too!! For the same stage!!! :devil:

However, the truth is, for this year, you only have to sling one of them at a time, so no worries on swapping it back and forth!!!!

All good!

Denise

My 300 BO pistol has a sling...Hmmm...Dang, you were kidding. :)