Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Nationals in Tulsa, OK

Schedule 40

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The PN Slot paperwork said that the match will run based off the September classifications

So if you got bumped today, Oct 2nd, that doesn't count? :goof:

The classifications released today ARE the September update. They just delayed the release until after the Open/L10 match.

The classifications released today ARE the September update. They just delayed the release until after the Open/L10 match.

And yet, we uploaded a set of scores (including a classifier) on 09/01/13, and just got a reply email today saying that scores were processed on 10/02/13----but the classifier (which was paid for long ago) doesn't show up on my classifier list. And the email said: "The classifier scores from this match will be included in the next monthly website update."

So---even though they were released today, that doesn't seem to necessarily mean that classifiers shot in September (prior to the official cutoff date) are actually going to be a part of things.

Makes no sense to me.

Just updated facebook....

370 rounds, minimum.

That's rather significantly smaller than Lim/Open/L-10. Interesting.

If I were a betting man (and I have no "insider information"), I'd think that since this match is ONLY for a 10-round-limited Division, I'd expect to see some stages that look more like IPSC than "run and gun" USPSA stuff that would be at Open/Ltd/L-10.

It's sorta kinda how the Single-Stack match differs in course design from its contemporaries. That would account for a lower round count.

If I were a betting man (and I have no "insider information"), I'd think that since this match is ONLY for a 10-round-limited Division, I'd expect to see some stages that look more like IPSC than "run and gun" USPSA stuff that would be at Open/Ltd/L-10.

It's sorta kinda how the Single-Stack match differs in course design from its contemporaries. That would account for a lower round count.

Also there are less stages at Production then there was at LTD and Open. 3-4 stages with a round count in the 20's would make it close.

The PN Slot paperwork said that the match will run based off the September classifications

So if you got bumped today, Oct 2nd, that doesn't count? :goof:

Haha, and the self-esteem motorhome for best among all the people who didn't practice enough to classify higher may evade Strick once again. :devil:

That would rather suck, I think. I like USPSA because of the run-and-gun stuff. If I wanted to work on my stand-and-shoot, I'd go to Steel Challenge Nats instead. SC is fun, don't get me wrong---but a Production Nats where we spend most of our time standing in one place is----just not very much like USPSA.

It'll be a bad sign if Area matches have better stages than Nats this year. After all, we Production folks handle run-and-gun perfectly well everywhere else!

In Tulsa you pretty much have your pick of food depending on how far you want to drive from your hotel, although everything in tulsa is accessible within 15-20 minutes. McNellies downtown is awesome and has 100+ different types of beer on tap and the food is great too.

Remember Oktoberfest is in town that weekend on the west side of riverparks. I would suggest you park somewhere and take a shuttle down to the event.

http://tulsaoktoberfest.org/

In owasso you have: el tequila (very good) on 86th st N. El fogon (very good) on 116th st N and garnett across from atwoods, trails end bbq on garnett between 86th and 96th and Andolinis pizza and italian (very good pizza) on 96th across from wal-mart and los cabos (very good) off of 96th st n next to cracker barrel.

On the main strip in owasso, 96th st N, you have your pick of various chain foods and restrnts, wal-mart, shopping, etc...the movies in owasso are on 86th st N across from el tequila.

The only bar in owasso, where we always go after our local matches is on 76th st N & they have some pretty good and cheap food as well.

Edited by Prov1x

Wow, I just read these post and looked at the dates. I know if I were going to make this my first national and info came out or didn't come out like it has. I don't think going would be habit for me. My .02 cents... Thanks. Good luck to all the shooters and staff.

Edited by a matt

Just got settled into the Candlewood Suites for the week. Matt, this is my first Nationals, and I am surprised a bit how the Production Nats is being treated like a red-headed step child, compared to the Open/Lim Nats. I know that the range was busy a week ago with the IDPA Nats, but as far as USPSA admin goes, it's been disappointing. If I wasn't a regular traveler and didn't make preparations in advance like I did (despite lack of info from USPSA), I think this would have been a difficult thing to navigate. No one from my local area is here, so I'm pretty much on my own for this one.

Anyways, I'm here now, and I'm looking to have some good fun and fast shooting. See you all on the range!

I look at it differently, I guess. People are getting way more frantic than necessary here. I attribute it to lots of first-time nationals attendees who are nervous and overly excited.

+1

Edited by Prov1x

I look at it differently, I guess. People are getting way more frantic than necessary here. I attribute it to lots of first-time nationals attendees who are nervous and overly excited.

I guess that really is how I should see things also, thanks

Just got settled into the Candlewood Suites for the week. Matt, this is my first Nationals, and I am surprised a bit how the Production Nats is being treated like a red-headed step child, compared to the Open/Lim Nats. I know that the range was busy a week ago with the IDPA Nats, but as far as USPSA admin goes, it's been disappointing. If I wasn't a regular traveler and didn't make preparations in advance like I did (despite lack of info from USPSA), I think this would have been a difficult thing to navigate. No one from my local area is here, so I'm pretty much on my own for this one.

Anyways, I'm here now, and I'm looking to have some good fun and fast shooting. See you all on the range!

Good luck. You are representing all of us in the south that didn't make it. No pressure. Lol. kidding, Have fun and try to keep us no-shows posted on the goings on. If you think about it. Thanks Man.

No problems, Matt. I'm going to take my little RC helicopter up and get some aerial shots of the range sometime this week. Should be cool. I'll also try to get head-cam video of every stage (may have a couple I don't want to release :blush: .