Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Nationals in Tulsa, OK

Schedule 40

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I 'm going. I have 500 rounds. I got a hotel, Get there wednesday, shoot for 3 days, go home. No sweat. I will even pack my own lunch just in case they forget the caterer.

Good for you. Of course the Open nationals are 525 rounds, so you might not have enough ammo. I'm flying, and can't carry 500+ rounds on the plane, so it sure would be nice to know where to ship some ammo.

I 'm going. I have 500 rounds. I got a hotel, Get there wednesday, shoot for 3 days, go home. No sweat. I will even pack my own lunch just in case they forget the caterer.

Good for you. Of course the Open nationals are 525 rounds, so you might not have enough ammo. I'm flying, and can't carry 500+ rounds on the plane, so it sure would be nice to know where to ship some ammo.

Yea, that's what i was worried about most too. I would think they will be receiving shipments right at ussa, but you never know.

Now that i think about it, has anyone called ussa directly and asked them about ammo shipments?

Steve

I am working the match as an RO and will be driving from Iowa on Tuesday October 15.

If you want to ship your ammo to me I would be happy to deliver it to the range for you.

PM me for details.

Scott Arnburg

Iowa Section Coordinator

www.aipshooters.com

?

The Nationals website lists the approximate round count for both the Limited and Open / L-10 matches as 450. 525 would be a huge jump compared to past nationals-- I've been every year since '05 and I don't remember any much over 400, I think 375 is more typical-- though of course you need to plan for reshoots, extra shots etc. (Caveat: I haven't actually counted the total rounds in all the posted Open stages. But unless there are more big field courses than in the past, 525 seems really high.) I'd expect the Production match round count to be about the same, i.e. about 375-400, plan on bringing 500.

Anyhow-- for those who haven't been before and are still frustrated by the lack of info-- here's how it usually works (assuming there's not some big departure from past events):

Registration usually runs from about 1pm to 6pm, usually at the match hotel. Once you get your registration packet you also get a range pass, so you can go check out the stages.

The next three days, competitors compete in a half day format, one half of total registrants shooting in the morning, then the afternoon, then the morning, and the other half on the opposite rotation. The evening of the final day is the awards banquet and prize distribution, which usually runs till about midnight.

I usually arrive the day before registration to be on the safe side, in case of cancelled flights, lost luggage, etc., and head out the morning after the final day.

If you're looking for a Tulsa hotel, check out hotels in Owasso, OK (which is actually a suburb of Tulsa, but doesn't appear as an option to choose on some travel sites like Travelocity if you search for accommodations in Tulsa). There are four or five hotels right on the main drag in Owasso that are only about 10 min. at most from the range (which is just N. of the airport).

I hope this is helpful...

The Nationals website lists the approximate round count for both the Limited and Open / L-10 matches as 450. 525 would be a huge jump compared to past nationals-- I've been every year since '05 and I don't remember any much over 400, I think 375 is more typical-- though of course you need to plan for reshoots, extra shots etc. (Caveat: I haven't actually counted the total rounds in all the posted Open stages. But unless there are more big field courses than in the past, 525 seems really high.) I'd expect the Production match round count to be about the same, i.e. about 375-400, plan on bringing 500.

According to the B2B confirmation packet, round count is approximately 495. Another thread said 513 plus chrono. St. George appears to be setting a new standard for the back to back nationals. More stages (22) and a higher round count than has been seen since I started shooting. I hope that Phil and the guys in Tulsa are going to attempt to be as ambitious.

I sent off a couple emails with questions: one straight to USSA, and one to my AD/Phil S/Kim W.

Biggest issue for me really is where to ship ammo.

I would like to have squadding too, as I am trying to squad with 6-7 other friends traveling together.

Hopefully I hear something in a day or so.... We shall see.

SP

Shipping address for ammo

US Shooting Academy

6500 E 66th Street North

Tulsa 74117

Info from Troy

Thanks Paul.

Does anyone have a sense of why the powers that be are undercommunicating to such a degree? If they have an agreement for ammo shipments, why not let us know? It could be as simple as an email to registrants, or of course they could have someone update the website. And how about an exact round count for those who are shipping ammo? If Troy can answer a presumably emailed question from Paul, why can't he just email all the registrants with the answer? Obviously Paul isn't the only one who wants to know, right?

I get that people are busy, but it's pretty obvious that either the match organizers are disorganized, or they are organized, but have severely de-prioritized Production Nationals. I think the fact that our elected president is shooting back to back nationals while the rest of us wait for stages and squadding information - and even have to rely on third hand info on such things as where to ship ammo - speaks volumes about priorities.

I saw the question on this forum about where to send the ammo so I asked Kim during registration if she knew. She told me that Troy had just received the confirmation, so we spoke to Troy and got the address.

Kim was going to send it to the web-site guy (who is on route to Utah) so I posted the information here in case readers on this site needed the information slightly quicker.

It should be on the USPSA web-site shortly.

As of right now, it isn't posted (maybe the webmaster is shooting too...). Also, it'd be helpful to know how MUCH ammo to ship. Any info on round count? And stage diagrams are nice. While they don't help me shoot any better, it's fun salivating over them.

Location and time for registration - gotta have that soon. If no match hotel, I'd guess at the range, which is where it was done the last time USSA hosted the Nationals.

Squadding matrix - it is that hard to set up? Is there some issue with the number of entrants/number of squads/number of stages?

Edited by kevin c

What is this USPSA Production Nationals? I have never heard about it nor has any organizer actively promote it, to my knowledge. Is it like a 3-Gun Nation that I see and read about everywhere?

I have heard of US IPSC Nationals. I heard its organizer(s) run other major shooting matches at the same location and many competitors, including those from Europe, want to attend.