Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XD/XDM in SSP

GMB

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was TT for a day.

Put all minor power striker fired guns in ESP and allow minor powered revolvers (5,6,7&8 rounders) to play there also.

XD stays in ESP along with M&P and Glocks allowing all existing ESP mods.

DA is defined (for IDPA purposes) as the hammer or striker being cocked more than .25" by the first pull of the trigger.

SSP is a double action class and should be where the Sigs, Berettas, and S&W DA/DAO pistols as well as minor powered revolvers play.

Since Im not Tiger team. It will stay as is. Except CDP will drop the .45 requirement I predict.

Edited by Ty Hamby

If I was TT for a day.

Put all minor power striker fired guns in ESP and allow minor powered revolvers (5,6,7&8 rounders) to play there also.

DA is defined (for IDPA purposes) as the hammer or striker being cocked more than .25" by the first pull of the trigger.

SSP is a double action class and should be where the Sigs, Berettas, and S&W DA/DAO pistols as well as minor powered revolvers play.

Since Im not Tiger team. It will stay as is. Except CDP will drop the .45 requirement I predict.

Don't you think that would stack ESP and all but kill SSP?

If I was TT for a day.

Don't you think that would stack ESP and all but kill SSP?

Probably. But those of us who grew up on 80's and early 90's action movies(like me) would bust out the 92's and Sigs and H&Ks(I don't think a Desert Eagle makes weight :roflol: ) and go to town.

Yes I know Stoeger shoots a Beretta, and yes I know that "with enough training and practice blah, blah,blah . . . " so save it. DA/SA guns are virtually non existent in IDPA for a reason.

Just move the XD/XDMs to SSP and leave it go at that. When I shot my XDM in it's last classifier, I missed expert by less than 10 points. Guy shooting a Glock scored less points than me and made it because of SSP scoring easier. There is no advantage to a XDM over a Glock/M&P and they should be in the same class period. If you watch the striker indicator on a XDM, it does pull the striker back slightly when firing. This all came down to the description SA gave on the XDM. They described as a single action, so it went into ESP. If I have to shoot ESP as I don't like Glocks or M&P's, I'll shoot my STI 9mm Trojan with the 10 round mags and ICE magwell. That gun is an advantage and belongs in ESP.

+1. The .40 S&W is one of the most widely used LE and self-defense cartridges out there. Standard velocity for a factory 180 slug is about 980, which makes 176+ PF. I can see no reason it should not be allowed in CDP. If you keep the 8 round mag Rule, then all those whiney CDP shooters (I'm CDP/EX) won't have any room to complain.

If your .45 ACP gets beat by a .40 S&W with the same ammo load out... it wasn't the 'arrow'... it was the 'Indian'.

+1. The .40 S&W is one of the most widely used LE and self-defense cartridges out there. Standard velocity for a factory 180 slug is about 980, which makes 176+ PF. I can see no reason it should not be allowed in CDP. If you keep the 8 round mag Rule, then all those whiney CDP shooters (I'm CDP/EX) won't have any room to complain.

If your .45 ACP gets beat by a .40 S&W with the same ammo load out... it wasn't the 'arrow'... it was the 'Indian'.

Right on man. Preach it brother.

How does the IDPA community feel about allowing the XD/XDM into SSP?

wouldn't bother me at all. I don't pay any attention to the esp/ssp thing. I look at overall scores. Around here, most folks shooting esp are shooting xd's of some sort or another, so the scores are very comparable to ssp. Really, it seems like most people shoot about the same no matter what gun they use.

sorry ,but it wasn't Bill Wilson..there are 100's of pages on this subject,just google it.here is one..

qoute from a famous internet guy:Simplest answer is the Springfield said the XD is a single action. Single actions are not allowed in SSP

http://www.handguninfo.com/Archive/www.Pete-357.com/xddasa.htm

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/gun-games-shooting-competition/83-xd40-tactical-removed-ipsc-porduction-list.html

sorry ,but it wasn't Bill Wilson..there are 100's of pages on this subject,just google it.here is one..

qoute from a famous internet guy:Simplest answer is the Springfield said the XD is a single action. Single actions are not allowed in SSP

http://www.handgunin....com/xddasa.htm

http://www.xdtalk.co...ction-list.html

So what did Glock say? That their pistol is double action?

I don't know about Glock, but S&W list their M&P as a striker fired double action.

they are lying.

Hey dude you still ride that KTM 300? I remember you were pretty darn good on that thing.

Sorry, thread hijack.

Edited by NicVerAZ