Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primers & Powder availability

blacklab2011

I agree people acting like this and HOARDING for no reason is STUPID drives up the price and makes it harder on the rest of us! Just buy enough for a season and stop...you think if a major catastrophy breaks out you are gonna be able to load them all stay in one place long enough to use or carry them if you have to leave lol NO

All the local guys are sold out of AR's around here, and I found some CCI small pistol for $39.95/K. I'm not paying that. When the cost of reloading becomes only a few bucks less than buying Atlanta Arms, I'll go there. I probably have enough on hand to roll out 7000 rounds (limited by brass). I sure as hell can't carry 7000 rounds. I do not like panic buyers, hoarders or speculators, as they do nothing for a community that is supposed to be unified at times like these.

All the local guys are sold out of AR's around here, and I found some CCI small pistol for $39.95/K. I'm not paying that. When the cost of reloading becomes only a few bucks less than buying Atlanta Arms, I'll go there. I probably have enough on hand to roll out 7000 rounds (limited by brass). I sure as hell can't carry 7000 rounds. I do not like panic buyers, hoarders or speculators, as they do nothing for a community that is supposed to be unified at times like these.

Agreed!!! No reason to screw all of the other shooters because you have a large credit card limit!

Let me see here......Due to current Conditions we have an uncertain future with our gun rights and ammunition supply. Commerical loaders, who make their money loading and selling ammo, cannot make money unless they have components to load ammo.

The last election caused back orders for up to two years on primers.

When I spoke to Black Hills when I bought my next two years worth of primers on Wednesday he told me they had millions of primers in stock prior to the week of the election. They were probably out of them end of business day Thursday. I submit to you that it is not just the hobbyist loader that is buying components, but the companies that employee people and make their living doing so. If you weren't paying attention and didnt get what you needed for the forseeable future that is unfortunate. Yes, there will be douchebags that try to profit on this and jack up prices on primers. I hope they get what they deserve. At this point I expect to be taxed out of business within the next two years. I hope before that happens I can make enough money to pay off my loans for my business. Just another perspective to mull over.....

DougC

Let me see here......Due to current Conditions we have an uncertain future with our gun rights and ammunition supply. Commerical loaders, who make their money loading and selling ammo, cannot make money unless they have components to load ammo.

The last election caused back orders for up to two years on primers.

When I spoke to Black Hills when I bought my next two years worth of primers on Wednesday he told me they had millions of primers in stock prior to the week of the election. They were probably out of them end of business day Thursday. I submit to you that it is not just the hobbyist loader that is buying components, but the companies that employee people and make their living doing so. If you weren't paying attention and didnt get what you needed for the forseeable future that is unfortunate. Yes, there will be douchebags that try to profit on this and jack up prices on primers. I hope they get what they deserve. At this point I expect to be taxed out of business within the next two years. I hope before that happens I can make enough money to pay off my loans for my business. Just another perspective to mull over.....

DougC

So true. As far as jacking up prices, one guy already said he saw them for $40 /k. So gee, let me think. Who is the bad guy again? Last time around a good gun shop locally only raised his primers by about a buck a thousand because he said that was how much more he paid for them. Another store in the area that gets a lot of wanna be tactical operators and bib overall wearing AK shooters had a whole pallet of primers for nearly $50 per thousand. Guess what? They both sold every primer they had.

Stocked supply's over the summer seen it happen several times and didn't want to be short. I'm afraid more serious problems are ahead. Lot's of damage can be done with the stroke of a pen.

See what a can of R-12 automobile ac gas cost's now. A case of 12 used to be $10 bucks at Sam's.

It's all well and good for people who have the means to drop a few thousand bucks of their discretionary income on supplies till the year 2020, but I'm still living through the last (present) recession and trying in vain to keep my business afloat. There are some weeks when I simply can't afford the $20 entry fee, 150 rounds and gas to shoot a local match, let alone go out and buy provisions to load 100K rounds of ammo. I've been blessed to horse trade into what I've got but guess what, ya'll are going to have a great time in a few months when only 20 people show up to shoot a match because the rest of us can't afford or find the ammo to shoot a match. I'll end up eventually with a nice, shiny hard chromed paperweight. Doug, I'm an entrepreneur just as you are, and the failure will be that all of us didn't do enough to protect liberty in this country. I want you to succeed, just as I want my business to succeed, but your attitude of "F you, my business is more important than your ability to shoot or load your own ammo" sucks out loud. I shoot maybe 8-10,000 rounds a year, and that is my basic and reliable commitment to this sport and the 2nd Amendment. Take away my ability to participate regularly, and my interest wanes until I finally say eff it, it's not worth the aggravation or expense. Goodbye 2nd Amendment, IPSC, IDPA, USPSA, etc.

Wow. If that is what you interpreted from my post then I apologize. I wanted people to understand that manufacturers buying raw components to get through tough times is not hoarding. .

I did all I could financially and of my time to try a protect our freedoms, so I can sleep well at night in that respect.

WE (Us here) are not the problem, and you obviously don't know me, as you wouldn't make the above comments if you did. Everyone is upset right now....we will get through this...one day at a time, together...

DougC

Wow. If that is what you interpreted from my post then I apologize. I wanted people to understand that manufacturers buying raw components to get through tough times is not hoarding. .

I did all I could financially and of my time to try a protect our freedoms, so I can sleep well at night in that respect.

WE (Us here) are not the problem, and you obviously don't know me, as you wouldn't make the above comments if you did. Everyone is upset right now....we will get through this...one day at a time, together...

DougC

I meant nothing personal by my observations. I AM upset, almost to the point of panic. Spent a lot of time and resources to realize the American Dream and I'm just not feeling warm and fuzzy. My customers are all suddenly holding on to their money because of the uncertainty that is now a part of life here in the US. I have had ZERO revenue this week. Shooting is one of the few things that allows me to get away from it all and hang with like minded individuals, and I had to bail on yesterdays match because I refuse to spend what I don't have. Like I said, I support small business owners and want us all to have a chance. The stuff we need to shoot is being bought up like water in a drought, by somebody, many somebody's, and it WILL prevent people like me from shooting. The sport will shrink and we'll all be left with our guns in a safe and ton of ammo in storage "just in case" and I'm going to have to take up f*#king softball or something. I don't have the answer, and Doug, I certainly didn't mean to jump your shit and I apologize for my negative tone but I'm a realist and the writings on the wall. I may even have to start looking for a "real" job on Monday. Good luck with that....

Everything's in stock at Powder Valley and to me that says there's no shortage yet. Local supply conditions are always variable and don't tell us anything.

I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 50k on hand, because I learned from last time. I won't be buying any time soon, because I don't need to, and because if a shortage does develop I want the limited supplies to go to people who need them.

DougC

I meant nothing personal by my observations. I AM upset, almost to the point of panic. Spent a lot of time and resources to realize the American Dream and I'm just not feeling warm and fuzzy. My customers are all suddenly holding on to their money because of the uncertainty that is now a part of life here in the US. I have had ZERO revenue this week. Shooting is one of the few things that allows me to get away from it all and hang with like minded individuals, and I had to bail on yesterdays match because I refuse to spend what I don't have. Like I said, I support small business owners and want us all to have a chance. The stuff we need to shoot is being bought up like water in a drought, by somebody, many somebody's, and it WILL prevent people like me from shooting. The sport will shrink and we'll all be left with our guns in a safe and ton of ammo in storage "just in case" and I'm going to have to take up f*#king softball or something. I don't have the answer, and Doug, I certainly didn't mean to jump your shit and I apologize for my negative tone but I'm a realist and the writings on the wall. I may even have to start looking for a "real" job on Monday. Good luck with that....

I think many of us understand how you feel, keep talking to like minded people. If you can't afford to shoot a match go anyway and hang out, you will feel better and stay connected. Don't feel isolated many of us feel the same way. Keep posting stay iinvolved.

Most of you guys have been around long enough to know the politics don't fly here and I believe some of you are repeat offenders.........

For those that might miss the hint... If you knowingly break the rules, you get bounced out the door.

Just respect the rules and knock off the political talk. There are plenty of places you can talk politics. This is not one of them. This is a forum where we talk about improving our shooting.

- Admin.