Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Eric Graffel - USPSA Nats

Blake Keiser

amazing....going from Iron sights to Optics and jumping from division to division is not easy,...and to top it off,..probably some jetlag as the time zones are different as he is from France. These two divisions are at the opposite ends of the spectrum. dedication like that is pretty amazing. :surprise: He truly dominates.

Eric is a really awesome guy. I don't follow shooting sports whatsoever, but I sent him an email asking if he had any of his grips with him for sale while he was in Las Vegas (I live here). He emailed me back right away and invited me over to his hotel to come check out all his products. He was great to talk to and had really high quality products for my future Tanfog. Once I actually get the gun in hand, I'll be ordering right away.

amazing....going from Iron sights to Optics and jumping from division to division is not easy,...and to top it off,..probably some jetlag as the time zones are different as he is from France. These two divisions are at the opposite ends of the spectrum. dedication like that is pretty amazing. :surprise: He truly dominates.

Not only that, but he said after the world shoot last year he has shot 1 match in Open, but otherwise hasn't spent even a day on the practice range with his open gun. All of his training has been with his Production gear. To pick up an Open gun after all that time away and be so dominant is pretty incredible.

Anybody know exactly which model he shot in Production? Stock II or III?

Stock 2.

I asked him about it. He was pretty adamant that the Stock 2 and the Stock 3 have virtually identical performance. However, since the Stock 3 only made it on to the approved list a few weeks ago he was traveling and training with the Stock 2.

I was able to RO him on Stage 13 of the Open match and his performance on the stage was nothing "Special" when compared to the rest of the super squad. What I did notice is that I could tell that he was probably only shooting at 85 - 90% of his maximum capability focusing on getting A's instead of trying to burn down the stage at Warp 10 like most of the super squad. He was the ONLY SHOOTER in the Open match to get all A's on stage 13 and he made doing it look effortless and not rushed. By looking at his individual stage results when compared to the rest of the super squad he was almost always capturing more points than the rest of the super squad while maintaining solid stage times. Out of all the top shooters in the match its pretty much a given that they will all be able to shoot the stage within 1 second of each other, so it really comes down to who is able to capture the most points in the same amount of time. Eric's ability to consistently produce solid stage runs is the main factor in his domination of the match. He finished in the top 3 on 15 out of 18 stages and only won one stage in the whole match. Consistency is king at the top end of this game.

I would love to see him let it all hang out and shoot a stage at 100% effort. I am sure that would be something very cool to observe. But in this game, why risk running stages at 100% effort when you know that your 85 - 90% is sufficient to get the job done with ample breathing room :devil:

It's the same thing that Rob Leatham preaches all the time... it's never going to be the time... It all comes down to points... assuming everyone will be close to each other in time...

And he taped and reset poppers -- good man. Certainly better than many others on the super squad.

I think every member of the production and limited supersquads worked on our stage.

Eric is a very amazing shooter. I only saw them on the one stage, but eric and ben stoeger both looked like they were in a little less of a hurry than most other competitors. They just didn't waste any motion or effort, and shot very accurately.

Ben Stoeger has a comment on another thread, in response to somebody posting that his shooting a lot faster might have gotten him more than a second place trophy. He replied that would only have gotten him some stage win medals to go with a SIXTH place trophy...

Edited by kevin c

I was able to RO him on Stage 13 of the Open match and his performance on the stage was nothing "Special" when compared to the rest of the super squad. What I did notice is that I could tell that he was probably only shooting at 85 - 90% of his maximum capability focusing on getting A's instead of trying to burn down the stage at Warp 10 like most of the super squad. He was the ONLY SHOOTER in the Open match to get all A's on stage 13 and he made doing it look effortless and not rushed. By looking at his individual stage results when compared to the rest of the super squad he was almost always capturing more points than the rest of the super squad while maintaining solid stage times. Out of all the top shooters in the match its pretty much a given that they will all be able to shoot the stage within 1 second of each other, so it really comes down to who is able to capture the most points in the same amount of time. Eric's ability to consistently produce solid stage runs is the main factor in his domination of the match. He finished in the top 3 on 15 out of 18 stages and only won one stage in the whole match. Consistency is king at the top end of this game.

I would love to see him let it all hang out and shoot a stage at 100% effort. I am sure that would be something very cool to observe. But in this game, why risk running stages at 100% effort when you know that your 85 - 90% is sufficient to get the job done with ample breathing room :devil:

To your point Eric won, count em, exactly one stage in the whole Open match. My impression in watching him is that he is never on the ragged edge. Smooth, quick and good points.

Anyone know the reason behind him shooting production the whole year and then shooting open at big matches.(like the world shoot)?

He shot production in vegas too. Perhaps he figured as long as he traveled all the way to vegas, he might as well shoot both matches, and gain more exposure for his sponsors and have more fun shooting.