Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

45 degree rail mounted irons

cnote

you might take a look at deuck defense or the JP SRTS (more like a pistol sight). or you can just find 45 off sets and find your favorite AR sights and mount those separately.

I tend to lean toward the JP SRTS because I started competing with pistols so i like that sight picture. its limited to about 30 yards or so for effectiveness.

you might take a look at deuck defense or the JP SRTS (more like a pistol sight). or you can just find 45 off sets and find your favorite AR sights and mount those separately.

I tend to lean toward the JP SRTS because I started competing with pistols so i like that sight picture. its limited to about 30 yards or so for effectiveness.

+1

IMG_1074.jpg

I just installed the RTS rear with an A2 front with a FO post and used this setup with a Burris 2-7 at the FNH match. My zero is 100 yds for both. The XS are lower than the RTS/A2 height and that seems to be a problem. I think they are a good option for TO if you want a higher magnification scope like a 2-7 or 3-9.

I paid $35 with shipping for these from Amazon. They're even cheaper now. The only issue is I zeroed the sights for 25 yards, and the windage is almost max out to the right.

My link

I bought a set of those as well, but had to modify the front to zero since I put mine on the front gas block. I'm not really very happy with that set up and prefer the JP sight on the handguard. I think the JP style gives up a bit of precision due to sight radius, but they are much faster to aquire and get on target for me.

Since putting the thinner windage knob on my Dueck's, I'm starting to think about more scope. I love my Meopta ZD, but in the last two 3 Gun matches I shot, I only used the scope twice. In both matches I shot all but one stage per match with the Dueck RTS. Now I'm thinking if I'm not going to use the low end of the scope, I might as well have a higher top end.

quick review of the GDT 45 degree rapid transition buis backup iron for $26

well they looked good, and seem very solid. they function better than i thought they would

but the front sight is either not cut right and or just seems to not fit very tight. i unscrewed the tension screw and took it completely apart.. then i aggressively filed the front sight's base making it narrower. put it back together and now the sight fits snug. the adjustment in the rear sight has very positive clicks, and does not look or feel like a cheap knock off.

26$ and 10minutes of modification and a very nice offset sight.

Since putting the thinner windage knob on my Dueck's, I'm starting to think about more scope. I love my Meopta ZD, but in the last two 3 Gun matches I shot, I only used the scope twice. In both matches I shot all but one stage per match with the Dueck RTS. Now I'm thinking if I'm not going to use the low end of the scope, I might as well have a higher top end.

Thats strange because except at very close range I have found scopes on 1x faster the irons.

Pat

I paid $35 with shipping for these from Amazon. They're even cheaper now. The only issue is I zeroed the sights for 25 yards, and the windage is almost max out to the right.

My link

I bought a set of those as well, but had to modify the front to zero since I put mine on the front gas block. I'm not really very happy with that set up and prefer the JP sight on the handguard. I think the JP style gives up a bit of precision due to sight radius, but they are much faster to aquire and get on target for me.

Would you mind sharing how you modified the front sight to work on the gas block?

Can you tell me where you purchased a thinner windage knob? I cant find anything on google.

I have the dueck sights on mine with a 2.5-10x Vortex. I use the offset on anything closer than 50 yards. The 10x magnification really helps me because I kinda suck at long shots.

Tried the XS offset sights and didn't like them at all. Weird sight picture, not any faster than an A2.

My link

Would you mind sharing how you modified the front sight to work on the gas block?

I had to cut the front sight in half and move the top half up and left about a 1/4". It might have worked fine on a handguard rail, but I don't have one on the rifle. I drilled and tapped the 2 pieces to hold them together with 10-32 screws. Then I used some epoxy to smooth everything out and painted it.

Edited by mscott

My link

I had to cut the front sight in half and move the top half down and left about a 1/4". It might have worked fine on a handguard rail, but I don't have one on the rifle. I drilled and tapped the 2 pieces to hold them together with 10-32 screws. Then I used some epoxy to smooth everything out and painted it.

Thanks for the info. I have a flat top with a railed gas block and would like to try offset irons for maybe 0-50 yards. I was wondering if the height difference would be a huge problem or not.

Could you get on paper at all before you modified the front?

I edited my above post because my memory isn't so good. I had to raise the front half. When I cut it I added a spacer between the top and bottom half. They were worthless at 25 yards without modification.