Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

45 degree rail mounted irons

cnote

I edited my above post because my memory isn't so good. I had to raise the front half. When I cut it I added a spacer between the top and bottom half. They were worthless at 25 yards without modification.

Thanks for all the help

• 2 weeks later...

just bought: GDT AR15 AR 15 Front and Rear 45 Degree Rapid Transition BUIS Backup irons. for 26$ plus 7$ shipping.

^ sounded like a very good deal? we will see i guess.

The Irons hold up. fit solid and adjustment is easy, i wouldn't want to say 200$ compared to the Duecks irons.

just saying, They work.

I purchased two pairs of the GDT sights, have yet to shoot either successfully yet.

On the first pair the rear sight could actually rotate on the jigger that is used for elevation and change position enough to bug me. I fixed that by putting in some PTFE tape and now it jiggles but always returns to the same spot. Ugly as sin but functional.

The second sight set I bought did not have that issue. The rear sight will rotate right on the pin, but returns to the same spot. It will not rotate left (the other rotates in both directions). One thing I am noticing is that the front sight is a tad crooked relative to the wings.

Assuming I can successfully sight these in I would say not bad. For the price you could buy several to get a good one.

Edited by adweisbe

I guess I got lucky on mine that I ordered. I think all I had to do to get zero's was make a full rotation of the elevation to bring it up and that was it. Held steady so far for 300 rounds, would like to get out and take it to a match asap though.

• 3 months later...