Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 USPSA Revolver Nationals

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know, but I'm in! One big shootin' trip--first Single Stack, then Revolver, then Area 1. It's going to happen! I wonder how much .45 ammo I can fly with...

not enough. 11 lbs per passenger, and 11 will not be enough for SS and revo.

That wasn't really a question, I know about the weight limits. I'm hoping to fly Alaska Airlines the whole way, and their weight limit is 50 lbs.

Looks like we have a big crowd signing up for the 2013 Revolver Nationals! It already appears that Phil's idea was a big winner.

My application went out in today's mail, along with my Single Stack Nationals slot.

Back-to-back old-school action!

If the match runs like the sign up process then this will be the best match ever.

And wouldn't it be kind of funny if the match was 80% full, or more, several months in advance? Nothing like a big steaming bucket of "told-ya-so"....

Me too. Both confirmations arrived yesterday--I will be shooting SS on Saturday and Revo on Sunday.

From the flurry of interest we're seeing here, I think both matches will likely fill up.

Looks like Phil's decision was a good one.

Getting married that weekend, fiancé says go for it, but it sounds like a trick !

Go for it. I got married on the the 30th, travelled on the 1st and shot the World Championship Skeet match on the second through the fourth for my honeymoon back in 1977. Still married to the same wonderful woman. BTW, I took her along to provide Gatorade and dry towels between rounds. It was August in Savannah, GA. She was a real trooper. If she loves you, she will be too.

I heard today they're already over 40 entries for RevNat 2013. Hopefully lots more to come before the end of the year!

I am glad to see the numbers of entries received so far, but I am also glad that there is a little breathing room for me to get my application in. With the holidays I won't have the funds for the entry fee until the first week of January, and I was concerned that it could fill up by then. I figure that if it goes as well as it appears it might in 2013, then it won't be open to just anyone and require obtaining a slot. I don't get around to shoot any of the area matches, so my opportunities to earn a slot to nationals is greatly limited. Shooting sports being my secondary hobby to fencing, most of the big competitions I compete in are fencing competitions.

I really enjoy shooting sports, but the opportunity to wield a 35" steel blade in fencing competition and "stab" your competition 5 to 15 times is so much more satisfying in general. :) Besides I have done well enough to qualify and compete in the US Fencing Nationals 12 of the last 13 years, and am on track to compete in the 2013 US Fencing Nationals. :D

Edited by Blueridge

I have noticed the the dates have changed. The SS is being shot on Wed-Fri, the Revolver is Sat.

I may be wrong, but that is what it looks like to me.

P.S. Congrats on the Fencing Blueridge and good luck in 2013.

Bob, watching you shoot that Ruger Alaskan just doesn't evoke the image of finesse required for fencing! :bow: You da man!

Hope you can make it to the Nationals. I'd enjoy shooting with you again.

I have noticed the the dates have changed. The SS is being shot on Wed-Fri, the Revolver is Sat.

I may be wrong, but that is what it looks like to me.

P.S. Congrats on the Fencing Blueridge and good luck in 2013.

That was the original dates. The official Date is Sunday May 12!

And I'm sending mine in next week for the Revo Nats only, just can't swing both.

Edited by pskys2

I will be shooting SS on Saturday and Revo on Sunday.

I thought about doing that, but I signed up for Friday-Sunday. This year the 14 stages in the heat wiped me out, I think I need a day off between. I live in AK, anything over 70 is HOT. :) In early May, the snow's barely melted. Wasn't ready for that 90+ stuff.

BTW, it's 29 below zero now.