Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 USPSA Revolver Nationals

My 4" 625 is about 2 pf faster than my 5" 1911. I'll be using the same loads in each. 4.3 gr Clays, 230 Zero, 1.250 OAL. Chronos 170-172 here in the winter, but was 179.9 in my 1911 at SS Nats last year. I like a big margin. :)

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the extra barrel length from a revolver (a 5" revolver barrel is 5" from the front of the round, a 5" auto barrel is 5" from the back of the round), gives you more velocity than the cylinder gap takes away. I'd always heard they kinda "evened each other out", but apparently that isn't the case, not in .45ACP anyway. Interesting.

Bothof the 625's I use are new 5" barrels with Ti cylinders. The 1911 is brand new and has a Kart barrel in it, maybe 400 rounds through it? I had it built to take advantage of only sending one load to Barry for the Nationals. Due to the extreme velocity difference between the revo and auto, I'd load separately for each now anyway so will probably just shoot the .40 so I can't mix anything up!

Besides, that gun deserves another chance to actually finish the match!!!

I know this has been asked but I can't find it right now...so where's everybody staying ?

Microtel is the match hotel, any opinions ?

Is there a favorite watering hole some where ?

Good places to check out for eats ?

What's the schedule like ?, I asked and it sounds like we'll be hanging around the range

till the results are finalized, sounds like every thing happens at the PASA range.

Oh ya, and no stage descriptions before the match, find out what's up when you get there.

Edited by 10mmdave

I heard some guy named 10mmdave invited everyone to get loaded and trash his room at the Microtel each night, so I'm planning to come in town early for that.

Will he feed us to? The ability to go crazy without restraints and act immature with no sense of responsibility afterwards, if you need help and are offering I'm in!

Last count of the Revo Entry List shows 117.

Plan on checking out the stages on Saturday as they probably won't change a great deal from the SS.

I would have to second that. A reliable source told me they weren't going to make a lot of changes. After the single stack is over, there going to put up no shoots and move a few targets to make things slightly different, but leaving the stages mostly the same.

I'm shooting the SS match just to get range time in preparation for the more important Revolver match! Haha!!!!!!!!

If I did that my revolver and I would have to go through therapy. He wouldn't like me anymore.

I'm sure this is in another topic but, 2 questions are haunting me.

1. Is it worth the money to put the Ti cylinder on? Should I wait until the original is worn out?

2. Has anyone shot EL Pres lately? and what is your best time with points. Not just HF.

If your looking to get practice in at a level 2 before the S/S, Rev Nationals The Indiana SS/Rev/Prod Championship is putting out a feeler out there on if some people would like to shoot Saturday for score and maybe switch divisions and shoot for fun on Sunday. Get some good practice in for the Single Stack, Revolver Nationals.

Send a e-mail to

Jake Martens

jakemartens@comcast.net

or

Brent Roberts

brentroberts40@gmail.com

Kathy told me today we're at 118. The only two from the "Tough 17" who shot Nationals last year but are not yet entered in the 2013 match are Chad Rausch and Frank Bray. Anybody who has contact info for those guys, let's see if we can get them to sign up!

(We might be able to go a little beyond 120.....) ;)

Edited by Carmoney

Kathy told me today we're at 118. The only two from the "Tough 17" who shot Nationals last year are Chad Rausch and Frank Bray. Anybody who has contact info for those guys, let's see if we can get them to sign up!

(We might be able to go a little beyond 120.....) ;)

Are you saying those two guys aren't entered in this years match?

Yes, sorry.....I used the editor to fix my mistake.

Guess I'm just too excited about this awesome historical event that we have coming up next month!!

The 2013 USPSA Revo Nationals is truly going to be the BIG SHOW!

Less than a month! I'm preparing using the Carmoney Method, no practice and only a few club matches. Oh yea and it looks like I'm changing my gear completely. About the only thing staying the same is the space between my ear muffs.

Looks like the Entry List now has the Squad Numbers posted, still at 117.

Where is this Enty list? I must be missing something. I'd like to see if I get squaded with the crew I travel with.