Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 USPSA Revolver Nationals

I would imagine the slots will work just like the rest of the Nationals. Based on Mission Count within your club/section. Which means if you want a slot get out and shoot a couple revo scores this year. There will probably be significantly more Revo only slots than in years past. If they figure 150 Revo only slots, 350 SSTK slots, 350 Production slots and 800 Lim/Open/L10 slots there are a lot more slots in general for the Nationals in 2013. If you can get a guaranteed slot from your section or home club great. If not I'm sure they'll open the wait list like the other Nats. Just make sure you're watching and get your name on the list quick. This match needs to be a success to do it again.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, there you have it. We have two Area Directors commenting directly on this thread. :goof: We need to make the decision to support the match period, and I have no doubt that we will en masse!

We need to just HAVE the stand alone REVO Nationals and support it. Once there is sufficient demand for the match, which attendance at this match will either show...(or not :ph34r: ....) then we can draw upon our talent to draw in people to design stages.

The SSC is a shooting match, not a carnival match.

The folks that can shoot win, period. I would expect nothing less than the same quality match for the REVO folks from the Fine match staff, period.

We now have to beat the bushes and get our Revo shooters out and to the match, period. We can thank the motivated crew like Carmoney, Cliff, Hopalong with his wonderful charity match, and a host of other unnamed REVO shooters that have the passion that have been working towards this. It has been a team effort and now the opportunity is upon us.

Put your vacation in, and plan to be there with your Wheelgun.....

DougC

I see a lot of guys is driving distance saying it's a good idea. Who wants to fly across the country to shoot a one-day match??

I think we are moving in the wrong direction. I think all the Nationals including SS should be under USPSA control. They have the range out in Vegas for a week. There is no reason they can't run a 30-stage match with 600 or more shooters and rival any match in the world. I don't know why the match has to be split up other than so the same shooter can win more than one national championship. Why not have one big match and let everybody shoot one gun???

I don't know how many stages to expect but I will be disappointed in seeing no field courses.

If the match is good enough, and the competition is good enough, we've never hesitated to fly across the country to shoot a one-day match--the Summer Blast, Sunflower Classic, and the Memphis Charity Challenge are examples that immediately come to mind. Am I right?

If we had a week-long 30-stage "let everybody shoot one gun" national match in Vegas, I would be there. You would be there. And about 18 other revolver shooters would be there. Am I wrong?

Phil's plan is worth trying. Who knows--maybe once a dedicated Revolver Nationals gets going, it turns into a true multi-day stand-alone match that moves around to different venues someday. In the meantime, I think it will be great to see Robbie and Nils and Taran and Phil and Shannon and everybody else step into our world and mix things up!

Edited by Carmoney

Mike,

Issue 1 Yes

Issue 2 No

Issue 3 Darn straight !!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Now just everyone plan on being in Quincy Ill for the 2013 USPSA Revolver National Championships. Lets worry about getting slots when we get to that bridge !!!

Hopalong

Now just everyone plan on being in Quincy Ill for the 2013 USPSA Revolver National Championships. Lets worry about getting slots when we get to that bridge !!!

+1

:cheers:

AMEN!

It's on the calender, just hope nothing interfere.

Edited by pskys2

I hope the plan is to still run the Memphis Match in 2013. I can think of nothing better then shooting the revolver nationals in May, and then the memphis match in November, that would make for a great year. As for the slots issue and how the revo nationals will be run, I'll just plan on going and am not going to worry about it.

Ed Savard

After some thought I would like to make an addition to my last post. Hopalong, you don't need to answer about still having the memphis match in November for 2013, I know you will. And lastly, I plan on attending both matches whether they let me or not. Its kind of like the fan at football games who jumps out of the stands and runs around the field in the middle of the game, that is eventually tackled by security gaurds and police. Only I will still have my clothes on, a guys got to have some standards!

I see a lot of guys is driving distance saying it's a good idea. Who wants to fly across the country to shoot a one-day match??

I think we are moving in the wrong direction. I think all the Nationals including SS should be under USPSA control. They have the range out in Vegas for a week. There is no reason they can't run a 30-stage match with 600 or more shooters and rival any match in the world. I don't know why the match has to be split up other than so the same shooter can win more than one national championship. Why not have one big match and let everybody shoot one gun???

I don't know how many stages to expect but I will be disappointed in seeing no field courses.

It will be good for us old, fat guys though.

Hell, I pay to have someone else do any running for me. ;)

I'm all in, slot or not. What the hell, its only money. Hate to look back with regret over a few hundred bucks. Very impressed with the USPSA leadership response to the call.

Murf

I am planning totry and make this one. I was at the 2007 (Mud Bowl) Nationals.I believe we had around 47-48 revolver shooters. I was also at last years Memphis Charity Match. It was a blast to be around that many fellow revolver shooters. I can only imagine what this would be like with over a hundred revolver shooters.

:devil::cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be there, one way or the other.

Last time I shot revolver at the Nationals held at PASA Park was in 2004. It was also the last time they had a shoot-off on the day after the match for top shooters in each division. Jerry won, as usual, but didn't win the shoot-off when he missed a piece of steel and needed an extra reload.

All 5 divisions shot together that year, and there were a grand total of 17 revo shooters. :surprise:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok some thoughts from a closet revolver shooter.

!st, this is a really good thing! The revos getting their own match will judge whether those shooters are serious about attending a national championship or not. The few that attend the current nationals is not enough to warrant the division having National Championship status. This just aint right! The revolvers should have this! The way to prove that is to hold a match and have hundreds try to get in. The revolver class has some fantastic competitors and is by far the most difficult piece of equipment to do this kind of shooting with. This match will be a sensible test for the equipment being used and will be an excellent chance for many shooters like myself that will never get to shoot revolver division due to other obligations.

It's a one day match, just like many other events around the country so that is no reason not to attend. I'm hoping the next SS Nationals will be a multi day event like the other divisions have and all shooters have to shoot the same days with the same conditions and be there until the end. Then stay and shoot the Revo Nats. My hope is that USPSA will have to figure out how to run the Revo nationals with an excess of shooters trying to enter! That would be great! Anybody saying they don't wanna go because it's gonna be filled with leftover single stack shooters needs to get on the bus now and get entered! I know I'm gonna be one of those hang arounders, unless I drop my gun and get DQ'd at the SS nats, but what's the chance of that happening?

Maybe if everyone go's to this thing then they will have to add extra days to get everyone in next time.

We are now gonna see who is and who isn't gonna put there money where their mouth is. Boys, get your wallets out!

Rob Leatham

Ok some thoughts from a closet revolver shooter.

!st, this is a really good thing! The revos getting their own match will judge whether those shooters are serious about attending a national championship or not. The few that attend the current nationals is not enough to warrant the division having National Championship status. This just aint right! The revolvers should have this! The way to prove that is to hold a match and have hundreds try to get in. The revolver class has some fantastic competitors and is by far the most difficult piece of equipment to do this kind of shooting with. This match will be a sensible test for the equipment being used and will be an excellent chance for many shooters like myself that will never get to shoot revolver division due to other obligations.

It's a one day match, just like many other events around the country so that is no reason not to attend. I'm hoping the next SS Nationals will be a multi day event like the other divisions have and all shooters have to shoot the same days with the same conditions and be there until the end. Then stay and shoot the Revo Nats. My hope is that USPSA will have to figure out how to run the Revo nationals with an excess of shooters trying to enter! That would be great! Anybody saying they don't wanna go because it's gonna be filled with leftover single stack shooters needs to get on the bus now and get entered! I know I'm gonna be one of those hang arounders, unless I drop my gun and get DQ'd at the SS nats, but what's the chance of that happening?

Maybe if everyone go's to this thing then they will have to add extra days to get everyone in next time.

We are now gonna see who is and who isn't gonna put there money where their mouth is. Boys, get your wallets out!

Rob Leatham

If you want a true evaluation of the level of interest in a stand alone Revolver Nationals:

1. Have it stand alone

2. Make it a major multi-day match with diverse courses

3. Make it somewhere, sometime where getting a hotel room the night before the match won't be in competition with 350 shooters shooting another match

It will be a dream week of shooting for SOME shooters this year, though. And some will possibly have the benefit of seeing similar courses before they shoot the Revolver nationals.

Good for them.

I, personally, will think of the winner of Memphis as the true National Champion this year.

But, differences of opinion is what it is all about

Only the Nationals are the Nationals. Is the match in Memphis sanctioned by USPSA? I'm only asking as I don't know what it is. I realize there are many events that are not USPSA events.

I guess I'm not sure whats wrong with what they are trying to do, make a stand alone match to see who is willing to come. The current participation makes it appear not many revolver shooters want to shoot the Nationals. There must be reasons? I'm betting this time they will have a sellout which is only good for the shooters, division and sport in general. I just want to see enough participation from truly enthusiastic competitors.

I think the Arizona Revolver contingent is coming out in force. We may have our own squad?

I don't know, maybe the mass of revo shooters don't want a change, but that's ok too. No one is forcing anyone to go. I personally am more excited about this than practically any news from USPSA in years!

Many Matches have come and gone over the years and this one in Memphis may be awesome but I can't imagine it could be more prestigious than winning a USPSA Championship?

BTW, there are lots of motel rooms in the Quincy, Hannibal area. And seeing the potential courses of fire might be an advantage if the didn't change them, but I'm sure they will be changed enough to make it no advantage. Now being there to practice for a couple days before.... that might not hurt?

I'm looking forward to Jerry kicking my butt and may even shoot my prized 625 with the shortened cylinder and shortened underlug and weird 5.25 inch barrel length. Came from some distributor as a special years ago and is the coolest looking of the 625's!

Rob

My thoughts:

1. Please, please, please don't make this a stupid 6-shot neutral match. Just make it a regular USPSA match, a very large portion of the fun of revolver is adapting 6 shots to 8 shot arrays and 32 round field courses.

2. I don't know why Sam's match in Memphis wasn't chosen, it already was attracting ~70 shooters and was a great match.

3. As for why there aren't many revolver shooters, well, it's harder. It's not a comfortable division in execution or feel. Rob, you've shot (and won) the IRC so you know your way around a wheelgun and I think you would agree that coming from a singlestack as so many do, it's a whole 'nother beast. The fact that Jerry has until recently completely stomped everyone else in the match might have something to do with it, too.

I look forward to it, but I'm apprehensive. The game is the game but the folks who shoot revolver for the love of the strange gun are a unique bunch. I really don't want to see the same behavior I experienced back in my Glock days translate over to the revolver folks. Maybe it's rose-colored glasses but they are a different breed in my eyes.

Rob, the memphis match is a uspsa revo match Sam Keen puts on that raises money for a children's hospital. Typically draws around 80 revolvers. It's the first weekend in november will you be there?

I agree only a nationals is a nationals......

I'll compete in both. hopefully it just brings out more round guns......

The Memphis thing sounds cool and I'm surprised I hadn't heard of it before?

I agree the match should be a test for the shooters, and reloading like in SS is a huge part of the challenge. Let USPSA know how you feel about the round count thing. I'd have thought you would have wanted to keep the same idea as SS and not do a bunch of forced standing reloads! I don't wanna have to carry 30 moon clips and shoot 32 round courses of fire. But that's just me and I like the short courses of fire that put a premium on execution. Keep in mind I'm predominantly a bottom feeder so what you guys want is more important than my opinion!

Those that attend the match have the opinion I'd be most interested in. Like voting, if you don't, your opinion doesn't carry as much weight as someone who does!

Different breed? Absolutely! That's what I like about it! This is something new and scary for USPSA, to try and improve an area that seems to struggle. The IRC has done a much better job over the years of promoting the roundy rounders. Lots of reasons why but now USPSA wants to do better. I think it's prudent that we support the change and make this something bigger. Maybe this is the change Obama promised us?

The organizers want to do this so now you need to tell them exactly what you want. Let's look at the plan, see what needs to evolve and let's support and guide. Evolve, revolver, kinda funny if you think about it?

Obama, I mean Phil seems intent on improving the support of this division so I say let's support him and maybe Revo has a dedicated National with hundreds of shooters some day soon. Are there that many of us out there?

Rob

Just noticed how appropriate the picture Brian used for my postings now is. Thats my 12 bday, 1973, and my first gun, a Smith and Wesson model 34, 22/32 kitgun in .22 LR with 4 inch barrel. I still have it and I'm looking pretty cool!!! Is that some kind of sign?

Rob

I hope that the fact that TGO is going to the revo nationals means that he is leading the way and the match will be packed with the most talented shooters USPSA and the world has to offer. I hope to meet them all. I'm with Matt. I hope it doesn't turn into a "stupid 6-shot neutral match."