Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 USPSA Revolver Nationals

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I haven't been to one but I'm ready.

Not only haven't I been to one, but I'm not ready either (skill-wise anyhow). :roflol:

But like I do every other weekend, I'll do my best and have a lot of fun, if they'll have me.

I believe when I checked the 2012 SS results, there were 300-350 shooters on the results place. If even 40-50 of them stick around it shouldn't be too hard for us to hit well over a hundred REV entries.

I believe when I checked the 2012 SS results, there were 300-350 shooters on the results place. If even 40-50 of them stick around it shouldn't be too hard for us to hit well over a hundred REV entries.

Exactly. Hopefully USPSA will provide some incentive for this to happen. This needs to be in the form of a great prize structure, or a reasonable entry fee, or both.

Exactly. Hopefully USPSA will provide some incentive for this to happen. This needs to be in the form of a great prize structure, or a reasonable entry fee, or both.

My suggestion would be to reserve Single Stack's Friday slots for people signing up for both matches (or offer a tiny price break for a 2-fer.) Isn't it the entry fee for Nats a bit steep?

So, I've shot revo a few times in USPSA and have shot it a ton in IDPA. I'm retired from IDPA now and shoot 100% USPSA. How do I get a slot to the 2013 Revolver Nationals? Will it be as easy as just signing up or will I have to shoot "X" amoubt of local matches to qualify?

Thanks,

Matt

We don't yet know how they will handle registration for the Revolver Nationals. Personally, I doubt they will use a slot system for the first year. If they do set up a slot system, there will undoubtedly be some sort of waiting list option which will give everybody a chance. I'm guessing it will be first-come, first-served. As Sam pointed out, they can handle 150 shooters in a one-day match format at PASA with no problem.

Well if a slot is available count me in. I don't stand a chance of getting a slot for SS Nats, but I'll make the drive for revo for sure. I'm not able to make many of the large matches, but I've been kicking myself for missing MCC last year. Ain't happening again so for this year it's MCC, this (if I can get a slot) and maybe A4 depending on venue.

I for one would very much support this event. I have not gone to Nats since '08 due to it being in Vegas and going there doesn't appeal to me at all as well as the expence of getting there. Being held at PASA I think I could maybe get a couple more guys to go. I like the one day format and being able to drive there in a reasonable amount of time.(For me driving in a day is reasonable). I would like to see the stage size increased from the SSN stages, I think we are all more than cappable of shooting a bunch of field courses and like them.

I would like to see the stage size increased from the SSN stages, I think we are all more than cappable of shooting a bunch of field courses and like them.

And that, my friends, is the down-side of the plan to run the Revo Nats behind the SS Nats.

I'll guarantee you they will not change the stages all that much from the SS stages--which means 24 rounds max and fairly limited movement. We're simply not gonna have a bunch of big-runnning field courses--which will disappoint some Revo guys, but make some others equally happy.

On the bright side, this year's SS stages were better than ever. If the stages are equally good next year, it will be a fun and challenging match to shoot with the wheel.

It is one step closer to what most of us think the Revo Nats should be. I will shoot it either way. But I do think stages should be bigger like the other division nationals. Just my opinion. I feel that a good course is good and fun for all divisions to shoot. Not just SS or Revo or Production....,, Good for one, good for all.

I see a lot of guys is driving distance saying it's a good idea. Who wants to fly across the country to shoot a one-day match??

I think we are moving in the wrong direction. I think all the Nationals including SS should be under USPSA control. They have the range out in Vegas for a week. There is no reason they can't run a 30-stage match with 600 or more shooters and rival any match in the world. I don't know why the match has to be split up other than so the same shooter can win more than one national championship. Why not have one big match and let everybody shoot one gun???

I don't know how many stages to expect but I will be disappointed in seeing no field courses.

Its got to start somewhere, a 1 day match fills up and shows good support for a few years then it could be expanded. Area 5 last year wasnt that bad, it had plenty of tough shots, and a few quick burn down stages. I am excited even if it is a one day match. Of course if I had my way all the matches would be held in Tulsa at USSA. That way I can be home in less than 2 hours..

From having shot the SSTK Nationals here is what to expect.

stages of 12 to 24 rounds. some movement, but nothing far. Foot work is paramount. Half a foot off and you won't see that target behind that wall,port or something of that matter. 18 stages is the norm, and yes they can be all shot in 1 day fairly easy.

It will be challenging, but don't look for some good fun run n gun. (I could be wrong though).

Liz and I WILL be there. I'll be shooting my 646 and liz will be running her 625.

As the "Antiqutqted Division" that has fought just to be still in the game now is the time to put the issue to rest of is there enough participation to warrant it's own Nationals. Sign up when the time comes and I'll see you in Memphis this November, and Quincy next year. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Hopalong